UPDATED: “ Josh Windass £1.5mill “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Jock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 am

UPDATED :bluebird:

Update added 24/06/2018 at 1016am

Premier League new boys Cardiff City are set to launch a bid for Glasgow Rangers midfielder Josh Windass, according to the Scottish Sun.

The Bluebirds are back in the top flight after a spell away, and with Neil Warnock looking for one last go in the big time he is strengthening his squad significantly, as he bids to lead the Welsh outfit to safety next term.

Cardiff have already been active in the market since the window opened, and it would seem that they are not finished with their summer business just yet.

Windass arrived on a free transfer from Accrington Stanley two years ago, and after taking a little bit of time to settle in and get going, Gers fans started to see some of the best football from him towards the end of the last campaign.

Since making the move to Ibrox, the 24-year-old has featured more than 50 times and has a scoring record of a goal roughly every four matches, which is something that has caught the attention of the veteran Cardiff boss.

Warnock is looking for players who are going to create things as well as those who can put the ball in the back of the net, knowing that the Bluebirds are going to need to find a prolific forward if they are to remain in the Premier League.

Never being one for wading in and paying over the odds, it seems as though the former Sheffield United and Crystal Palace boss is set to test Rangers’ resolve with a £1.5 million bid, although the Scottish giants are said to be looking to bank double that if they decide to sell their star.

Steven Gerrard will need to decide how valuable Windass is to his squad. If he decides he can be replaced it may be that the Gers cash in on the midfielder to free up funds to allow the former Liverpool star to strengthen further.

Sky Sports

22/06/18

CARDIFF EYE WINDASS

Cardiff City have stepped up their interest in Rangers star Josh Windass.

Scottish papers saying Cardiff are preparing to bid for this player.

Rangers star Josh Windass:

Cardiff City set to test Gers’ resolve with opening £1.5million bid for midfielder
The Ibrox side would be looking to get at least double that for the attacking midfielder, who arrived from Accrington on a free transfer two years ago

Saturday 23rd June 2018

CARDIFF CITY have stepped up their interest in Josh Windass.

The newly-promoted Bluebirds are set to test Rangers’ resolve with an opening £1.5million bid.

But the Ibrox side would be looking to get at least double that for the attacking midfielder, who arrived from Accrington on a free transfer two years ago.
Attachments
5FA9389F-3C4B-4582-BD5E-5420443DE322.jpeg
5FA9389F-3C4B-4582-BD5E-5420443DE322.jpeg (94.62 KiB) Viewed 10176 times
Jock

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Josh Windass £1.5mill “

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Only get him if we don't sign hoilet, then its a waste of money we dont really need 4 or 5 wingers
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby Jock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:Only get him if we don't sign hoilet, then its a waste of money we dont really need 4 or 5 wingers

He’s handy in the number 10 role
Jock

Postby realblue82 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Personally i would rather we go out a secure a loan signing of either Harry Wilson or Ben Woodburn. But i trust Warnock so i will wait and see.
realblue82

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Sky Sports

22/06/18

CARDIFF EYE WINDASS

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Jock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sky Sports

22/06/18

CARDIFF EYE WINDASS

The fee would have to be double the £1.5m quoted.
Jock

Re: UPDATED: “ Josh Windass £1.5mill “

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 am

Not worth 3m....thats from my mate who supports rangers
boyo1927

Postby Gavin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:17 am

updated OP
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby mr_nellio » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:16 pm

I'd be delighted with this signing if we were in the championship still. We're in the premier league now though so we should be looking at better unless he is just going to be a squad player that isn't going to be used too much then for 1-2 million that's ok.

Seen him play quite a few times and is quality up here but standard were playing at is higher now.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby Jock » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:04 pm

mr_nellio wrote:I'd be delighted with this signing if we were in the championship still. We're in the premier league now though so we should be looking at better unless he is just going to be a squad player that isn't going to be used too much then for 1-2 million that's ok.

Seen him play quite a few times and is quality up here but standard were playing at is higher now.

Got to agree Windass would struggle in the Premier League.
Jock

Postby mr_nellio » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:06 pm

Jock wrote:
mr_nellio wrote:I'd be delighted with this signing if we were in the championship still. We're in the premier league now though so we should be looking at better unless he is just going to be a squad player that isn't going to be used too much then for 1-2 million that's ok.

You must have seen him more than me as well. Will be ok as a squad player.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby Igovernor » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Yes you are right will never make it in the premiership jus like vardy, i trust warnock more than spmeone on a message board spouting negative comments
Igovernor

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Igovernor wrote:Yes you are right will never make it in the premiership jus like vardy, i trust warnock more than spmeone on a message board spouting negative comments

Spot on there, how can anyone on here say he will never make it in the premier league, the lad has never been given a chance at that level, he could step up and thrive there or he might not be good enough, but until given the chance nobody knows.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:50 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Yes you are right will never make it in the premiership jus like vardy, i trust warnock more than spmeone on a message board spouting negative comments

Spot on there, how can anyone on here say he will never make it in the premier league, the lad has never been given a chance at that level, he could step up and thrive there or he might not be good enough, but until given the chance nobody knows.

Totally agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Jules » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:47 am

IGov. you should know by now that its the norm for some to write players we are interested in off before they even sign :thumbup:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:51 am

:thumbup: :laughing6:
Igovernor

Postby Jock » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:51 am

mr_nellio wrote:
Jock wrote:

He definitely has potential, he’s been managed by clowns at Ibrox so who knows what Warnock could get out of him but from what I’ve seen, so far, he doesn’t look like a PL player. He is also thick as shite :D
Jock

Postby Igovernor » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 am

Jock wrote:
mr_nellio wrote:
Jock wrote:

He definitely has potential, he’s been managed by clowns at Ibrox so who knows what Warnock could get out of him but from what I’ve seen, so far, he doesn’t look like a PL player. He is also thick as shite :D

So was Paul Gascoine :laughing6:
Igovernor

Postby Jock » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 am

Igovernor wrote:
Jock wrote:
mr_nellio wrote:
Jock wrote:

Gaza epitomises “he maybe daft but he’s not stupid” Windass really is borderline retarded, however if NW is looking at him it’s as a footballer not a Pointless Contestant :bluebird: :D
Jock

Postby City Slicker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:40 am

Jock wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Jock wrote:
mr_nellio wrote:
Jock wrote:

Gaza epitomises “he maybe daft but he’s not stupid” Windass really is borderline retarded, however if NW is looking at him it’s as a footballer not a Pointless Contestant :bluebird: :D

Let's hope he's not a Pointless signing :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Might be worth a look to buy and Loan out to championship
nubbsy

Return to General Chat