Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bank Holiday on Monday

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 pm

In England & Wales but not Scotland and Northern Ireland If England wins the World Cup, doesn’t seem fair. Don’t think the government will agree this as they would need to make a decision by Thursday latest :bluebird:

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Why in God’s name would Wales want a day off to celebrate another country winning a football tournament? What a bizarre suggestion.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 am

harold pinta wrote:Why in God’s name would Wales want a day off to celebrate another country winning a football tournament? What a bizarre suggestion.

Exactly..if you suppoirt england on an international level ,imo its like supporting the Jacks at club level

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:24 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:In England & Wales but not Scotland and Northern Ireland If England wins the World Cup, doesn’t seem fair. Don’t think the government will agree this as they would need to make a decision by Thursday latest :bluebird:

The most idiotic post of the year goes to..... Blueboys1927!!!

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 am

norms76 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:In England & Wales but not Scotland and Northern Ireland If England wins the World Cup, doesn’t seem fair. Don’t think the government will agree this as they would need to make a decision by Thursday latest :bluebird:

The most idiotic post of the year goes to..... Blueboys1927!!!

I’m not suggesting it, I’m just reporting what was on the news and radio yesterday. Said they needed 100,000 signatures for the House of Commons to consider it, they had 80,000 by yesterday afternoon and over 100,000 by the early evening. They said a decision would be made by tomorrow. They said if agreed the holiday would cover just England and Wales, don’t shoot the messenger :bluebird:

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 am

Not supporting England but if they want to give me a day off then im happy not to do to work

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am

neathbluebird wrote:
harold pinta wrote:Why in God’s name would Wales want a day off to celebrate another country winning a football tournament? What a bizarre suggestion.

Exactly..if you suppoirt england on an international level ,imo its like supporting the Jacks at club level

I was born in England but have lived in Wales for many years. I'm married to a Welsh girl and my kids are Welsh. But I have also supported the Bluebirds and been an STH with my kids for many many years. Therefore why does the fact that I will always support my country of birth make me a Jack. Although we might be a minority there are a few English Bluebirds but definitely not ever Jacks.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:03 pm

SWilliams wrote:
neathbluebird wrote:

I was born in England but have lived in Wales for many years. I'm married to a Welsh girl and my kids are Welsh. But I have also supported the Bluebirds and been an STH with my kids for many many years. Therefore why does the fact that I will always support my country of birth make me a Jack. Although we might be a minority there are a few English Bluebirds but definitely not ever Jacks.

You’ve completely misunderstood his point. He’s saying that a Welsh person supporting England is no different to a City fan supporting the jacks.

Wales biggest rivals are England
Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are the jacks