“ CARDIFF CITY AGREE DEAL TO SIGN MIDFIELDER “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:38 am

Cardiff City have agreed a deal in principle with Liverpool to re-sign midfielder Marko Grujic on loan :thumbright: :bluebird:

Grujic spent the second half of last season on loan at Cardiff helping them win promotion to the Premier League, scoring one goal in 14 appearances for the Bluebirds.

This time Cardiff City have agreed to pay towards Grujic wages, last season City had him free.

A number of other clubs have expressed an interest in signing Grujic this summer, but Cardiff have been determined to bring the Serbian international back to the Welsh capital.

Grujic has spoken to Cardiff boss Neil Warnock and informed him he wishes to return to the club for 2018-19 ahead of other interested sides.

Cardiff have been locked in talks with Liverpool since the end of last season over a new loan deal for the 6ft 3in midfielder and the two clubs are close to signing the deal off.

Liverpool are willing to let Grujic go out on loan again next season as he is well down the pecking order in Jurgen Klopp’s side and they feel he would benefit from playing regularly in the Premier League next season with Cardiff.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY AGREE DEAL TO SIGN MIDFIELDER “

Postby soldierblue1880 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:45 am

I really hope this deal is finalised because it will add a bit more quality to our midfield
soldierblue1880

Postby SionLeShoes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:46 am

Great signing. I like this fellas versatility. Just a striker to go then..
SionLeShoes

Postby AJ1927 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 am

Just Been informed by my nephew that we are "lucky to be signing him.... hes rated at 85 on his Fifa 18 Ps4 game"

:lol: :lol:

9 yr old Hibs Fan..

seems legit :ayatollah:
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Its gets us closer to what we had last season but we still need more :occasion5: :occasion5:
2blue2handle

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Fantastic news! He will shine for us in the prem. Just a shame we couldn't get a perm deal as. I'm convinced his value will increase significantly!
Even so great work again by the recruitment team to beat other teams to his signature.
langstoneBlue

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Is it just me again that think he's not all that.
Dahboy

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 pm

We went on a 8 game unbeaten run when he was in the side ,the prem will suit him better i think tho
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:We went on a 8 game unbeaten run when he was in the side ,the prem will suit him better i think tho

Think it was 9 Wez :thumbright:
I agree :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby FloridaBluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Dahboy wrote:Is it just me again that think he's not all that.

Yes
FloridaBluebird

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm

I don't think your on your own, and can understand your thinking. But for me, he has all the raw materials needed to be a top midfielder. The championship wasn't the best place for him to showcase his abilities, but him and Ralls look a good balanced midfield 2 to me.

Am I right in saying the pair didn't get that much time on the field together last season due to injuries etc?
langstoneBlue

Postby englishbluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Impressed on the field and obv off it if Neil wants to re-sign him. Cannot fault this signing,especially if its a loan deal
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:

I don't think your on your own, and can understand your thinking. But for me, he has all the raw materials needed to be a top midfielder. The championship wasn't the best place for him to showcase his abilities, but him and Ralls look a good balanced midfield 2 to me.

Am I right in saying the pair didn't get that much time on the field together last season due to injuries etc?

Think it was more down to Gunner coming back in than anything
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

:lol: think you have a bit of a hate-hard-on for gunners.

grujic was far from impressive in some games without any help
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

a BIT of a hate hard on ? ..he is already responsible for any and ALL prem lge defeats..
dogfound

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Really pleased with this. The Premier League will suit him better and what a deal we had with him last season if Liverpool paid all his wages :occasion5:
CF23 Bluebird

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:48 pm

SionLeShoes wrote:Great signing. I like this fellas versatility. Just a striker to go then..

And a decent right back whom is essential. Peltier or Manga or Connelly is woefully insufficient in quality.

That is unless I am missing anyone else.
Danny Says

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Danny Says wrote:
SionLeShoes wrote:Great signing. I like this fellas versatility. Just a striker to go then..

And a decent right back whom is essential. Peltier or Manga or Connelly is woefully insufficient in quality.

That is unless I am missing anyone else.

JAzz Richards if he's fit
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:39 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:I really hope this deal is finalised because it will add a bit more quality to our midfield

It won’t add any more quality to last seasons midfield though.
When he signs it’ll be exactly the same. If we sign another central midfielder, then we may add a bit more quality.
For me, I’m concerned it’s no better than last season and not good enough.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:41 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:

Yes

No it’s not just you. Of course I’m hoping he can improve and show a bit more than previous games for us.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:41 pm

dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

a BIT of a hate hard on ? ..he is already responsible for any and ALL prem lge defeats..

No just answering the question honestly , didn't say anything about any reason but he asked why Ralls and Grujic didn't get to many starts together and it was because Gunner came back into the team wasn't it? Or am I wrong? :?

My thought on Gunnerson has nothing to do with my reply, I didn't give an opinion but as usual you jump on it putting words into my mouth :shock:
2blue2handle

Postby Bay Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:I really hope this deal is finalised because it will add a bit more quality to our midfield

When he signs it’ll be exactly the same. If we sign another central midfielder, then we may add a bit more quality.

NW definitely needs to bring in a proven quality midfielder, otherwise we’ll be found out for sure. He has 10 mill burning a hole so needs to spend it ASAP :ayatollah:
Bay Blue

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

No just answering the question honestly , didn't say anything about any reason but he asked why Ralls and Grujic didn't get to many starts together and it was because Gunner came back into the team wasn't it? Or am I wrong? :?

My thought on Gunnerson has nothing to do with my reply, I didn't give an opinion but as usual you jump on it putting words into my mouth :shock:

you are wrong...Ralls and Grujic started about half a dozen games together prior to Ralls getting injured ,although Grujic got subbed in the majority...when Gunner came back Ralls was still injured..
btw it wasnt me that jumped on it..was Paul :) .....
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm

It was aimed at both of you :lol:

They still could have played more games if Gunnerson wasnt played towards the end of the season. I stand my original comment :old: :occasion5:
2blue2handle

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:29 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I 100% agree. Strengthening our centre midfield would have been my priority, as I believe that's the most important position of the team. I wanted us to bring in 2 quality centre midfielders to partner Ralls, but it currently looks like we will just have Grujic, who struggled in some Championship games last season. I hope Warnock brings in one more quality centre midfielder on top of Grujic, but even then I think we will still be very short. I'm very concerned at the moment.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Llantwit Blues » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 pm

For me the signing of a quality midfielder is if not more key than signing a striker which we also desperately need.

You are allowed two loan signings, it’s key that you exploit this to the maximum in other words you have to sign two players who are going to make an impact and improve what you already have.

The worry being if we only resign Grujic we haven’t improved an area we know we are short and going to struggle next season against Premiership players.

Is Grujic going to start, for me and it’s my opinion I think we need better Warnock for Me didn’t seem to trust him at the end of last season and he didn’t hold a starting place down, when he did play he seemed to disappear for long periods, his passing was not what you would expect, his tendency to pick up needless bookings is also a concern.

No doubt Grujic has fantastic potential and wouldn’t be at Liverpool otherwise but it’s here and now we need a general, leader somebody with the know how, going to hold down a regular starting place and above all improve and area which will be key to our survival.
Llantwit Blues

Postby BarmyArmy123 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:23 pm

If anyone wants to join our fantasy premier league league then the code is 20993-67313 on the official app
BarmyArmy123

Postby BarmyArmy123 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:24 pm

BarmyArmy123 wrote:If anyone wants to join our fantasy premier league league then the code is 20993-67313 on the official app

Or website
BarmyArmy123

Postby BarmyArmy123 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 pm

If anyone wants to join our fantasy premier league league then the code is 20993-67313 on the official app
BarmyArmy123

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
langstoneBlue wrote:

you are wrong...Ralls and Grujic started about half a dozen games together prior to Ralls getting injured ,although Grujic got subbed in the majority...when Gunner came back Ralls was still injured..
btw it wasnt me that jumped on it..was Paul :) .....

I didn’t put any words in any mouths.

Gunners had more stand out games than grujic even after his injury for me.

Anyway, new season and people are hopeful for grujic at premier league level, I’m not so convinced but keeping my fingers crossed
paulh_85

Next

Return to General Chat