Madine big season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Madine big season

Postby maccydee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:42 am

Wood at Burnley, Crouch at many clubs, Gestede at Villa.

I am sure there are more but all big guys who did well in the Premiership. Most Premiership Defenders can cope with pace and trickery but a decent big man who can put himself about They don’t like.

I got a feeling Madine gonna cause some mayhem. Hopefull an early goal and he will be away.
maccydee

Madine big season

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Madine big season

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 am

I hope he is given a chance and Warnock's words are true that Gary lad does indeed look lethal in pre season.

I like the lad, he looks a menace and lacks confidence, few goals and he will be raring to go :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby JimCP91 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am

He certainly lacks confidence, that was evident with his miss in the Derby game as well as the penalty miss. I don't think he is a natural goalscorer but his hold up play is really good.

He can hold onto the ball and keep it under pressure, and tends to hold on to possession in most cases. Hes not going to be the striker who scores the goals to keep us up, but he certainly has a role to play.
JimCP91

Postby kimble » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 am

i am not convinced by him...i think he is an average championship player ..not good enough for the premier
I would liked to be proved wrong...but I think e need better quality than him...Warnock has to build him up he wasted 6 mill on him
kimble

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 am

If Madine is so good, why are we bothering bringing in another striker. Hmmmm.
buckleys brewery

Postby JimCP91 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 am

buckleys brewery wrote:If Madine is so good, why are we bothering bringing in another striker. Hmmmm.

For competition and depth. The same reason we are bringing other players in other positions.
JimCP91

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 am

Premiership isn't as physical as the championship. Yet I never seen him lose a header or battle. In an odd way the prem might suit him better due to the way we play.
bluebird7291

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:37 am

I think he can do well, we need strength in depth upfront and he gives another option especially from the bench. The end of last season was disappointing, I think the Penalty knocked him badly.
2blue2handle

Postby billy ronson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 am

buckleys brewery wrote:If Madine is so good, why are we bothering bringing in another striker. Hmmmm.

Because once the window shuts in August, we can’t do anything until January! So Warnock is making sure we have cover and has said he likes having 4 strikers ! ( can see Bogle,Pilks going out on loan or sold) so we have Zohore, Madine and Ward. Not sure if he sees Reid as just a striker .

Personally, I would like 2 x centre mid to improve what we had last season, a different type of striker ( I.e fox in box type Defoe ? ) and a right back as Jazz and Peltier have had a few injuries between them .

Then we need to sell/ loan those who won’t make his final squad of 25 to cut wage bill
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:01 pm

dont get the lacks confidence thing at all..
thought he did really well considering how little game time he had ..won the majority of his personal battles missed 1 pen and one half decent chance..
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:05 pm

dogfound wrote:dont get the lacks confidence thing at all..
thought he did really well considering how little game time he had ..won the majority of his personal battles missed 1 pen and one half decent chance..

I thought he looked good holding up the ball. That’s definitely something we need this season.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:17 pm

maccydee wrote:

I thought he looked good holding up the ball. That’s definitely something we need this season.

i thought so too...bought to do a job..did it well..but not the job some would have liked him doing...really really dont get it mate..
dogfound

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:25 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

i thought so too...bought to do a job..did it well..but not the job some would have liked him doing...really really dont get it mate..

Agree. Won every header. I don't see what people expect him to do when he's on the pitch for 10 minutes with balls being lumped to him :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby maccydee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:38 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

They expect him and Gunnar to play like Messi.
maccydee

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Give Madine time he’s a decent player. Scored 10 times for Bolton and they were awful last season. To be fair to him, he didn’t get much of a look in for us after being signed. That power and aerial ability will be a threat in the premier. Look at Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes. They’re hardly messi and ronaldo but they are a feckin handful. Players like madine do the dirty work. Don’t write the lad off yet!
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby Bay Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:51 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:Give Madine time he’s a decent player. Scored 10 times for Bolton and they were awful last season. To be fair to him, he didn’t get much of a look in for us after being signed. That power and aerial ability will be a threat in the premier. Look at Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes. They’re hardly messi and ronaldo but they are a feckin handful. Players like madine do the dirty work. Don’t write the lad off yet!

Make or break season for him I reckon, if he scores early on and gets his confidence going who knows he could surprise everyone, if not he could be sold in January.
Bay Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:57 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Nah nobody expects that, that’s just you being silly.
I hope he plays well but to me he’s a bit of a donkey, not a goal scorer in the premiership but can hold the ball up. Doesn’t look to have the quality but of course I hope to be proved wrong.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:41 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Nah nobody expects that, that’s just you being silly.
I hope he plays well but to me he’s a bit of a donkey, not a goal scorer in the premiership but can hold the ball up. Doesn’t look to have the quality but of course I hope to be proved wrong.

maybe not Messi but there is defo an expectancy for players to be doing things that they are never going to do , and especially not playing this system...Madine spent the majority of time jumping for and winning most headers from balls launched from 50 yards with his back to goal while often being doubled...no he isnt going to score from there..those that cut him any slack at all put it down to confidence...???????? he has missed one reasonable chance and a pen which he had the confidence to take..personally i expect him to be used in this battering ram position again this season, not getting many goals but concerning defences and again maybe getting doubled up on..
dogfound

Return to General Chat