" HIT THE ROAD JACK "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HIT THE ROAD JACK "

Postby Sven » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 am

HIT THE ROAD JACK
By Joe Coleman

Tuesday 10th July 2018

Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce concedes Jack Grealish MUST be sold, with Tottenham Hotspur leading the way

The 22-year-old has been a star over the past three years for the Villans, but Financial Fair Play restrictions means they must sell

Jack Grealish will be sold by Aston Villa in this summer transfer window, Steve Bruce has confirmed.

After failing to gain promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs last season, the Villans were crippled by Financial Fair Play.

In order to preserve the status, the Midlands-based side must sell their prized assets – with Grealish expected to lead the way.

With nearly £40 million needed in cash injection, Bruce admitted he just hoped clubs act fast so the club can move on.

“The first thing we have to address, before we go into anything, is Financial Fair Play,” Bruce told Sky Sports.. “That has to be addressed whether the owner has got any money or not. We have to try and put that in place as quickly as we can.

“The owner has put out a statement. I had a conversation with him four or five days ago where I issued my commitment to the club and to him to say, ‘Look, we’re up against it, let’s be open and honest’.

“We might have to take decisions which aren’t going to be easy. We will have to generate some money and inevitably that’s going to be through player sales.

“And it’s going to be people who I don’t want to sell. The obvious one is Jack. People will know we’ve got financial problems and they’ll sit and wait until deadline day possibly, I hope that doesn’t happen but we’ve got to wait for it.”

After dazzling in the second half of the season, local lad Grealish and his Villa teammates fell agonizingly short of the Premier League after defeat at Wembley to Fulham.

And, although his value will have certainly sky-rocketed, Bruce is all too aware they are in no position to be demanding the full-price.

According to the Birmingham Mail, SPurs are hoping to land the Solihull-born star for just £15 million, and Bruce admits he will be sad to see him leave.

“It’s pretty brutal stuff out there,” Bruce continued. “There’s nobody going to feel sorry for Aston Villa because financially we’ve got ourselves into a bit of a pickle. Yes, we’ve got to be ready for that.

“I’ve enjoyed working with Jack. Jack is the obvious one that clubs are going to look at because he had a wonderful six months.

“He reminded everyone what a very good player he is at 22-years-old. On another day at Wembley he could have scored one of the great goals.

“He’s a special talent. Yes, you don’t want to lose him but the inevitable thing is, we have to.

“We have to keep the club up and running and keep it in line with Financial Fair Play.”
Attachments
Grealish.jpg
Grealish.jpg (36.42 KiB) Viewed 5954 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

" HIT THE ROAD JACK "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: HIT THE ROAD JACK

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:48 am

I remember telling AV3 other clubs could delay the purchase of Grealish, he wouldn’t have it!!!

They are right in the shit :D
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:52 am

I remember telling AV3 other clubs could delay the purchase of Grealish, he wouldn’t have it!!!

They are right in the shit :D
Bluebina

Postby Dahboy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 am

To good for the championship Sven fair play.
Dahboy

Postby Sven » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 am

Dahboy wrote:To good for the championship Sven fair play.

I actually agree with you, so long as he can drop the 'dive' tactics :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebird58 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 am

With that diving ability he could be another Neymar! Perhaps he should go to Brazil to play!
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby stevee1966 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:32 am

Probably not good enough for Spurs first team though.
stevee1966

Postby AV3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:49 am

stevee1966 wrote:

Probably is.

Within 12 months, Grealish will be a regular starter for Spurs.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Re: " HIT THE ROAD JACK "

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 am

I am sure he would have been watching Neymar closely in the World Cup to perfect even more his theatrics :clap:
1980s Bluebird

Postby LlwyncelynBlue » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:06 pm

The thing that strikes me from that is the lack of responsibility or even acknowledgement from Bruce about the part he’s played in this.

Has a dog about complying with FFP & whether the owner has any money - while he’s the one building up this huge playing squad of high earners.

And, lo & behold, he’s prepared to stay on - despite failing dismally. That’s generous of you Steve. Absolutely stealing a wage.
LlwyncelynBlue

Postby LlwyncelynBlue » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 pm

The thing that strikes me from that is the lack of responsibility or even acknowledgement from Bruce about the part he’s played in this.

Has a dog about complying with FFP & whether the owner has any money - while he’s the one building up this huge playing squad of high earners.

And, lo & behold, he’s prepared to stay on - despite failing dismally. That’s generous of you Steve. Absolutely stealing a wage.
LlwyncelynBlue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:23 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:The thing that strikes me from that is the lack of responsibility or even acknowledgement from Bruce about the part he’s played in this.

I was thinking exactly the same when reading the article.

Bruce made this statement "I had a conversation with him (the owner) four or five days ago where I issued my commitment to the club"

If that's the case how about taking a significant pay cut as a way of showing commitment and also helping out with FFP.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:33 pm

AV3 wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Probably is.

instead of who?
paulh_85

Postby Bay Blue » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Spurs could lose a couple after this World Cup if the price is right, so can see Grealish going there.
Bay Blue

Postby Dahboy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:53 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Probably is.

instead of who?

Dumbelly
Dahboy

Postby EbbwBluebird98 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Sven wrote:HIT THE ROAD JACK
By Joe Coleman

Tuesday 10th July 2018

Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce concedes Jack Grealish MUST be sold, with Tottenham Hotspur leading the way

The 22-year-old has been a star over the past three years for the Villans, but Financial Fair Play restrictions means they must sell

Jack Grealish will be sold by Aston Villa in this summer transfer window, Steve Bruce has confirmed.

After failing to gain promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs last season, the Villans were crippled by Financial Fair Play.

In order to preserve the status, the Midlands-based side must sell their prized assets – with Grealish expected to lead the way.

With nearly £40 million needed in cash injection, Bruce admitted he just hoped clubs act fast so the club can move on.

“The first thing we have to address, before we go into anything, is Financial Fair Play,” Bruce told Sky Sports.. “That has to be addressed whether the owner has got any money or not. We have to try and put that in place as quickly as we can.

“The owner has put out a statement. I had a conversation with him four or five days ago where I issued my commitment to the club and to him to say, ‘Look, we’re up against it, let’s be open and honest’.

“We might have to take decisions which aren’t going to be easy. We will have to generate some money and inevitably that’s going to be through player sales.

“And it’s going to be people who I don’t want to sell. The obvious one is Jack. People will know we’ve got financial problems and they’ll sit and wait until deadline day possibly, I hope that doesn’t happen but we’ve got to wait for it.”

After dazzling in the second half of the season, local lad Grealish and his Villa teammates fell agonizingly short of the Premier League after defeat at Wembley to Fulham.

And, although his value will have certainly sky-rocketed, Bruce is all too aware they are in no position to be demanding the full-price.

According to the Birmingham Mail, SPurs are hoping to land the Solihull-born star for just £15 million, and Bruce admits he will be sad to see him leave.

“It’s pretty brutal stuff out there,” Bruce continued. “There’s nobody going to feel sorry for Aston Villa because financially we’ve got ourselves into a bit of a pickle. Yes, we’ve got to be ready for that.

“I’ve enjoyed working with Jack. Jack is the obvious one that clubs are going to look at because he had a wonderful six months.

“He reminded everyone what a very good player he is at 22-years-old. On another day at Wembley he could have scored one of the great goals.

“He’s a special talent. Yes, you don’t want to lose him but the inevitable thing is, we have to.

“We have to keep the club up and running and keep it in line with Financial Fair Play.”

Hit the road jack , dont you come back no more no more no more no moreeeeeee

Overpaid prick anyway :banghead: frustrating
EbbwBluebird98

Postby stephendavid » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:02 am

paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Probably is.

instead of who?

Exactly paul just proves how deluded AV4 is,eriksen,dembele,dier,lucas moura,dele alli.......to name but a few
stephendavid

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am

paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Probably is.

instead of who?

He's the best player in the world according to AV4 so probably thinks he'll take Eriksons spot :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby stephendavid » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Probably is.

instead of who?

He's the best player in the world according to AV4 so probably thinks he'll take Eriksons spot :banghead:

Hahahaha lamela,wanyama,sissoko.....have a day off AV4!!start planning your routes to Rotherham an the like fella
stephendavid

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm

............and the interest to CCFC in a championship player is what exactly? :roll:
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Danny Says wrote:............and the interest to CCFC in a championship player is what exactly? :roll:

And your constructive contribution to this thread is...? :roll: ;)

Jack Grealish has been a topic of conversation on this forum for some time and had you read the appropriate threads you might have seen the reaction to him!

The troll who should not be fed said Grealish would not be leaving for less than £40m and it seems now they cannot wait to cash in (for a lot less) which may not be of interest to you but it is to many on here!

Your choice to read and your choice to ignore and we eagerly look forward to the most excellent and topical replacement thread that will surely follow from yourself shortly! :thumbright: :clap:

We hold our bated breath not a lot! ;) :laughing6:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:57 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:The thing that strikes me from that is the lack of responsibility or even acknowledgement from Bruce about the part he’s played in this.

in all fairness the bulk of that playing squad were brought in by di Matteo who spent roughly 50 million in the summer window 2016 17 season.., last season the money recieved from sales was greater than that spent and during his time there i think the most he has payed for a player is 3 mill.
dogfound

Postby TrueBlue99 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Am I missing something here? why is Grealish worth 15 million or heck more than that even, as has been suggested before?

He has scored just 14 goals so far in his club career, I can't comment on assists as I dont have a number to hand but I can see he has potential when he's not rolling around on the deck. I just don't understand why he's worth so much when quite frankly he hasn't proven anything yet in my opinion.

So can anyone tell me (I guess AV3 will if he sees this) without comparing Grealish to other players or fees payed for other players, what on his own has Grealish done to constitute any double digit transfer fee?

I can see that he's got a bit of ability, mainly dribbling with the ball, he's not really a goalscorer currently, so why is a player that can move well with the ball and score the odd decent goal worth so much?

Sorry but I might just not be seeing what others see with him.
TrueBlue99

Postby AV3 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 am

TrueBlue99 wrote:Am I missing something here? why is Grealish worth 15 million or heck more than that even, as has been suggested before?

He has scored just 14 goals so far in his club career, I can't comment on assists as I dont have a number to hand but I can see he has potential when he's not rolling around on the deck. I just don't understand why he's worth so much when quite frankly he hasn't proven anything yet in my opinion.

So can anyone tell me (I guess AV3 will if he sees this) without comparing Grealish to other players or fees payed for other players, what on his own has Grealish done to constitute any double digit transfer fee?

I can see that he's got a bit of ability, mainly dribbling with the ball, he's not really a goalscorer currently, so why is a player that can move well with the ball and score the odd decent goal worth so much?

Well the best yardstick is to compare other fees (Maddison to Leicester £25 million, that Sheff U player to Bournemouth £11 million)

I watched Grealish every week last season and even taking into account my bias, he stood out like a sore thumb. He has a lot more than just dribbling to his game and developed physically last year as well. Remember your own manager reckons he was the best player in the Championship.

Grealish dribbles and passes better than most, if not all of Spurs current midfield. I said give him a year but if he gets a chance sooner then it won't take that long for him to break into their side.

I accept that his goalscoring needs to improve but will likely do so at Spurs. If that happens, he will be number 1 on the teamsheet at Spurs.

Oh and I never said that Grealish would go for £40 million, I said that £30 would be about right. I know there are some pathetic drama queens on here that like to add value to their silly posts (when they're not boring us all to death talking about themselves) but they're best ignored.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:29 am

AV3 wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:Am I missing something here? why is Grealish worth 15 million or heck more than that even, as has been suggested before?

Well the best yardstick is to compare other fees (Maddison to Leicester £25 million, that Sheff U player to Bournemouth £11 million)

I watched Grealish every week last season and even taking into account my bias, he stood out like a sore thumb. He has a lot more than just dribbling to his game and developed physically last year as well. Remember your own manager reckons he was the best player in the Championship.

Grealish dribbles and passes better than most, if not all of Spurs current midfield. I said give him a year but if he gets a chance sooner then it won't take that long for him to break into their side.

I accept that his goalscoring needs to improve but will likely do so at Spurs. If that happens, he will be number 1 on the teamsheet at Spurs.

Oh and I never said that Grealish would go for £40 million, I said that £30 would be about right. I know there are some pathetic drama queens on here that like to add value to their silly posts (when they're not boring us all to death talking about themselves) but they're best ignored.

pretty sure you said 35m but just splitting hairs now. you dont have talk about drama queens often considering youre the worst of the lot
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 am

AV3 wrote:

I don't often agree with AV4 but i'm afraid he's right re Maddison fee. Grealish has gone more than him to warrant the high value and I know which one i'd have out of the two.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby tonythomas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

The harsh reality is that Villa, unlike Norwich or Sheffield United HAVE to sell Grealish, and because it's in the public domain that they are desperate, that puts all the eggs in the buying club's basket.
IMO, the very best that Villa can hope for is £20m with a sell on clause, and add-ons for appearances and caps.
He's undoubtedly a talent, but can he break into the first team at Spurs ?? Would hate to see another John Bostock scenario, remember Spurs have history of stalling promising players potential.
From Grealish's point of view, he'll get his big move, but will it be beneficial to him long term ??
Juries out for me on this move.
tonythomas

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 am

tonythomas wrote:The harsh reality is that Villa, unlike Norwich or Sheffield United HAVE to sell Grealish, and because it's in the public domain that they are desperate, that puts all the eggs in the buying club's basket.
IMO, the very best that Villa can hope for is £20m with a sell on clause, and add-ons for appearances and caps.
He's undoubtedly a talent, but can he break into the first team at Spurs ?? Would hate to see another John Bostock scenario, remember Spurs have history of stalling promising players potential.
From Grealish's point of view, he'll get his big move, but will it be beneficial to him long term ??
Juries out for me on this move.

sorry... spurs have a history of what? :? :lol:
paulh_85

Postby tonythomas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 am

You're quite right PaulH.
Thinking about it, with the exception of John Bostock, Spurs are possibly the most prolific club for buying and bringing on good young players.
Most recently, Gareth Bale & Dele Alli amongst many others.
In Jack Grealish's case though, with the current Spurs squad, I'm struggling to see who he could displace.
tonythomas

Postby Sven » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 am

paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:

pretty sure you said 35m but just splitting hairs now. you dont have talk about drama queens often considering youre the worst of the lot

Paul, the best form of defence for an idiot who cannot debate with any credibility is vitriolic attack and they don't come better (or more bitter) than the Troll ;)

Can't even follow his own advice (see above) and gets upset when people suss him out as a fraud! :thumbright:
Attachments
Troll Warning Sign.jpg
Troll Warning Sign.jpg (121.63 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
Sven

Next

Return to General Chat