“ NEIL WARNOCK “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ NEIL WARNOCK “

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 am

Cardiff City so far have only spent £24mill this season, has to be the lowest in the Premier League, if we stay up Warnock will go down as Cardiff City's greatest ever manager as it will be three seasons of success on a minute budget every season :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

First season we stayed up in the Championship under Neil Warnock on free agents/ free transfers :thumbright: :bluebird:

Second season we got promoted under Neil Warnock on one of the lowest budgets in the Championship approx £16mill in total :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Third season we are now in the Premier League and if we stay up on the lowest budget in the Premier League, Neil Warnock will be without a doubt Cardiff City’s Greatest Manager of all time :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

“ NEIL WARNOCK “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ NEIL WARNOCK “

Postby SionLeShoes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 am

Fabulous facts and stats anyway before we even start this first season in the Premier in Blue. There’s a lot of teams that would jump at having Warnock as manager and fans irrespective of the abuse he gets from them. As he said in the Q and A if I was to get sacked I’d get a job tomorrow and we need him more than he needs us. It’s true at his age he’s nothing to prove unlike a youngster in management. I’m excited about the feathers we will ruffle this season with Warnock at the helm.
SionLeShoes

Postby Jimmykingz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 am

Add to that the fact that he has brought the whole club, fans, players, management, board back together and pulling in one direction.

I'd say even IF (Keep it quiet but I've got a good feeling about this season) we get relegated he will go down as one of, if not the greatest manager for CCFC.
b*stard
Jimmykingz

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 am

We are relying on 3 teams being worse than us, in theory. Teams who were near the bottom last season, Saints, Huddersfield and West Ham have strengthened their squads. We still need more quality at right back, central midfield and upfront. It’s going to be a rollercoaster of a season, no doubt.
buckleys brewery

Postby BournvilleBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:20 am

I understand the need to stregthen the squad but I think a close knit team far outweighs 2 or 3 new signings that may even not gel with their team mates. I think he has done the right thing - no stars, just hardworking players. We want guts and effort, not tippy tappy shite. :bluescarf:
BournvilleBlue

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am

BournvilleBlue wrote:I understand the need to stregthen the squad but I think a close knit team far outweighs 2 or 3 new signings that may even not gel with their team mates. I think he has done the right thing - no stars, just hardworking players. We want guts and effort, not tippy tappy shite. :bluescarf:

Firstly Neil Warnock has done a brilliant job since he has been at City. With regards to team spirit I totally agree that’s it’s vital to have a great team spirit however I also think to survive in the Premiership you need a bit of extra quality with players who can change the course of a game.

I believe it’s a fine balancing act in trying to maintain that team spirit whilst also adding quality to the squad. Would still like to see a quality creative midfielder come in & a quality striker. No need to play ‘tippy tappy’ football even if you bring in a couple of quality players. One example of that was Gary Medel.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby skiprat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 am

Warnocks my favourite city manager ever.but none of our managers has even come to achieving what Fred Stewart did.
skiprat

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 am

Never really thought about it but I would say my favourite manager as well :occasion5:
2blue2handle

Postby BournvilleBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:16 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
BournvilleBlue wrote:I understand the need to stregthen the squad but I think a close knit team far outweighs 2 or 3 new signings that may even not gel with their team mates. I think he has done the right thing - no stars, just hardworking players. We want guts and effort, not tippy tappy shite. :bluescarf:

Firstly Neil Warnock has done a brilliant job since he has been at City. With regards to team spirit I totally agree that’s it’s vital to have a great team spirit however I also think to survive in the Premiership you need a bit of extra quality with players who can change the course of a game.

I believe it’s a fine balancing act in trying to maintain that team spirit whilst also adding quality to the squad. Would still like to see a quality creative midfielder come in & a quality striker. No need to play ‘tippy tappy’ football even if you bring in a couple of quality players. One example of that was Gary Medel.

Fair point, another Medel would be nice!!
BournvilleBlue

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:24 pm

We were relegated with Gary Medel,he is now 4 years older and he is NOT the answer, Agree we need another two CM and a striker. Warnock seems to have faith in Peltier,Richards,Manga,Paterson and Connelly to cover RB, hope Richards stays fit because I feel he is our best bet? I thinks he may also be considering playing three at the back in a 3,5,1,1?
HarriRhys22

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:We were relegated with Gary Medel,he is now 4 years older and he is NOT the answer, Agree we need another two CM and a striker. Warnock seems to have faith in Peltier,Richards,Manga,Paterson and Connelly to cover RB, hope Richards stays fit because I feel he is our best bet? I thinks he may also be considering playing three at the back in a 3,5,1,1?

We are NOT saying to sign him now, but he was an example of a quality signing last time around!
bridgendbluebird30

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:We are relying on 3 teams being worse than us, in theory. Teams who were near the bottom last season, Saints, Huddersfield and West Ham have strengthened their squads. We still need more quality at right back, central midfield and upfront. It’s going to be a rollercoaster of a season, no doubt.

Yes need 3 teams but it means 2 teams will be thinking whos worse than us besides ccfc? We are not worried about relegation this time around as got ourselves financially sorted but have others done so? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat