Ralls premiership capabilities?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 am

Assuming now only grujic comes in as another centre midfielder, maybe it will likely be grujic and ralls pairing in midfield.
Just interested to hear peoples opinions on ralls premiership capabilities? Has he got the passing ability to retain posession well enough with quick passing i. The premiership to set up attacks up top and to play out from back deeper? Both of these phases are pretty key to being a good midfielder in the premiership, i believe grujic has these capabilities but does ralls? Opinions?
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ralls premiership capabilities?

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:41 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Assuming now only grujic comes in as another centre midfielder, maybe it will likely be grujic and ralls pairing in midfield.
Just interested to hear peoples opinions on ralls premiership capabilities? Has he got the passing ability to retain posession well enough with quick passing i. The premiership to set up attacks up top and to play out from back deeper? Both of these phases are pretty key to being a good midfielder in the premiership, i believe grujic has these capabilities but does ralls? Opinions?

we wont even try to retain possession so he doesnt need too.

i do think if he was in another side like fulhams he wouldnt look completely out of place though.

As for the prem, lets wait and see, im hopeful but impossible to tell really.
paulh_85

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:15 am

paulh_85 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Assuming now only grujic comes in as another centre midfielder, maybe it will likely be grujic and ralls pairing in midfield.

we wont even try to retain possession so he doesnt need too.

i do think if he was in another side like fulhams he wouldnt look completely out of place though.

As for the prem, lets wait and see, im hopeful but impossible to tell really.

agree with the possession bit and am more than a little puzzled at so many people going on and on about 2 quality midfielders....am sure if NWs plan for the prem was to change how we play completely ..signings number1 and 2 would be ball playing midfield players not fast tricky forwards..
dogfound

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 pm

I still hope that the club bring in a quality creative midfielder like Tolgay Arslan. I have watched Ralls for a long time and although he has improved significantly I still wouldn’t say that he is a match winner. I don’t think he has the capability at this time to open doors like Whittingham did, I.e. putting the ball through or over defences with pin point accuracy. It seems at the moment that we are putting all our eggs into one basket, I.e. feeding Hoilett, Murphy or NML on the outside hence that’s why I still think that we need that extra creativity in the middle. I obviously hope that Ralls continues to improve & starts generating more assists. If we are one dimensional in the Premiership every other club will well and truly have us worked out.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 pm

I have no concerns over Ralls at all, his general game is pretty good and I think he will make the step up quite easily. He is ordered to do a job and does it well. We seen against Sunderland he can play with a bit more freedom as well when allowed. Its who he partners will be interesting.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:58 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

I still hope that the club bring in a quality creative midfielder like Tolgay Arslan. I have watched Ralls for a long time and although he has improved significantly I still wouldn’t say that he is a match winner. I don’t think he has the capability at this time to open doors like Whittingham did, I.e. putting the ball through or over defences with pin point accuracy. It seems at the moment that we are putting all our eggs into one basket, I.e. feeding Hoilett, Murphy or NML on the outside hence that’s why I still think that we need that extra creativity in the middle. I obviously hope that Ralls continues to improve & starts generating more assists. If we are one dimensional in the Premiership every other club will well and truly have us worked out.

.but everyone knew what was coming last season,its not like we surprised anyone yet most failed to deal with it.so its suck it and see....i loved watching Whitts myself but to accomodate a play maker you also then have to be looking to play him the ball so he can pull the strings { not launch it over his head }.and then be patient and accept that if there is no ball there for him to play he will play a 10 yrd square ball ,look for anoither space to recieve again and maybe 3 or 4 passes down the line get another pass .this cant happen without changing the whole ethos of our play under NW so far..
he is bringing in pieces to fit HIS jigsaw ..and no matter how much you or i might like a piece that fits a french alps or riviera jigsaw if the completed jigsaw in the manager mind is a picture of Port Talbot steel works the next piece aint going to be a snow capped mountain its going to be another chimney..
dogfound

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Top player Ralls. rate him more than Grujic tbh but I reckon Grujic will suit the Premier League better. Id be happy with both of them starting in midfield with a front 3 of Hoilett, Bobby Reif, Murphy just behind Zohore.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Top player Ralls. rate him more than Grujic tbh but I reckon Grujic will suit the Premier League better. Id be happy with both of them starting in midfield with a front 3 of Hoilett, Bobby Reif, Murphy just behind Zohore.

I agree with your picks there to start, grujic and ralls behind hoilett murphy and reid with zohore or another striker up top.
Ralls for me is kind of a safe steady eddy midfielder, does a job in most areas solid enough but dosent stand out and excell in any. He could improve further and really take to the premiership and do well, for me though id love to see someone like tolgay arslan signed to partner grujic then we would have two very good midfielders and this would be brillant, just look how rakitic and modric to very good passers back and for have dominated teams in the world cup
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:18 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Top player Ralls. rate him more than Grujic tbh but I reckon Grujic will suit the Premier League better. Id be happy with both of them starting in midfield with a front 3 of Hoilett, Bobby Reif, Murphy just behind Zohore.

I agree with your picks there to start, grujic and ralls behind hoilett murphy and reid with zohore or another striker up top.
Ralls for me is kind of a safe steady eddy midfielder, does a job in most areas solid enough but dosent stand out and excell in any. He could improve further and really take to the premiership and do well, for me though id love to see someone like tolgay arslan signed to partner grujic then we would have two very good midfielders and this would be brillant, just look how rakitic and modric to very good passers back and for have dominated teams in the world cup

I agree would love to see a player like Arslan or Ryan woods alongside Grujic or Ralls but judging by the number of places we have left for our 25 man squad and the fact that Warnock seems to be indicating that we'll only be signing 2 more players I don't see it happening. But some people on here have said we have 10m left to spend so you never know, maybe Warnock will let go of Damour, Harris, and a few others and sign 3 players. It does seem odd how we keep getting linked to Arslan all the time, its similar to when we were constantly linked with Danny Ward, Liam Feeney and Jonny Hayes.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Man of Harlech » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:29 pm

You are spot on.

It puzzles me how fans can watch City all season and listen to Warnock and still think that he will go after a ball playing midfielder, who would not fit our game plan at all and would be wasted in our midfield. Warnock said as much in Bridgend. Ralls fits his strategy like a glove and Warnock loves him. Every time we sign a midfielder my mates think it means that Ralls is on his way out. Well I don't think so. I suspect that he is one of the first names on Warnock's team sheet - week in, week out - and that it will remain so this season.

If you listen to hWarnock then its clear that those wanting a RB will also be disappointed.
Man of Harlech

Postby Sven » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Joe Ralls fits the strategy and Neil Warnock will back him to the hilt! :thumbright:

I rate Joe and think he'll do well with City at the next level! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby tonythomas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Dogfound, I love your descriptive.
In all honesty, most people wouldn't have EXPECTED promotion to the Premier League, but having achieved it with a certain style of football, the tools in your toolbox are what they are.
Without a doubt, teams will try to nullify the "Warnock way" this season as they know what's coming, but every team knew what to expect from Wimbledon when they were knocking ten bells out of teams, it was still effective.
RALLS has matured as a player and I think he will flourish in the Premier league. NW trusts him to follow his instructions to the letter and I would imagine, if fit, he would be one of the automatic choices.
Never heard the Warnock way being likened to Port Talbot before, but it certainly brought a smile to my face. Cheers.
tonythomas

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Sven wrote:Joe Ralls fits the strategy and Neil Warnock will back him to the hilt! :thumbright:

What do you mean about joe ralls fitting the strategy? Whats the strategy he fits? And why does he fit it?

I see people saying joe ralls fits our way of play but i cant really understand how and what people are trying to say by this?
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:Joe Ralls fits the strategy and Neil Warnock will back him to the hilt! :thumbright:

What do you mean about joe ralls fitting the strategy? Whats the strategy he fits? And why does he fit it?

I see people saying joe ralls fits our way of play but i cant really understand how and what people are trying to say by this?

What’s not to get he fits our direct style of play. He doesn’t start trying to do all that tippy tappy bullshit.
Llan_Blue

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

What do you mean about joe ralls fitting the strategy?
Whats the strategy he fits? And why does he fit it?

What’s not to get he fits our direct style of play. He doesn’t start trying to do all that tippy tappy bullshit.

So how does he fit our direct style hes good at hoofing the ball uo field is it? Because he hasent got a long range of passing and can pick a long range pass and unlock a defence he aint got that in his vision and locker
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Ruislip Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Having seen both at the CCS, I'd take Ralls over Danny Drinkwater any day. Who I believed cost 32 million
Ruislip Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:25 am

I think Ralls will be fine in the Premiership but I have concerns on the rest of the midfield unless new players are brought in.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:Having seen both at the CCS, I'd take Ralls over Danny Drinkwater any day. Who I believed cost 32 million

Big shout that, i hope your right and ralls thrives in the premiership
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Return to General Chat