' Fulham keep spending '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Fulham keep spending '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 am

Sky Sports

More breaking news from Fulham...

Fulham have now confirmed the signing of Maxime Le Marchand, also from Nice.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Fulham keep spending '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Fulham keep spending '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 am

The club have announced the signing of Ivory Coast midfielder Jean Michael Seri from Nice on a four-year-contract.

Jean-Michael Seri cost Fulham £35million.

Fulham are delighted to announce that @FulhamFC has signed midfielder Jean-Michael Seri from Nice. He’s been at the very top of our target list for a long time. This is a big day for Fulham. We’re ecstatic that Jean-Michael is joining our squad as we return home to the @premierleague!
Attachments
Dh5SgivU0AEcE5w.jpg
Dh5SgivU0AEcE5w.jpg (85.73 KiB) Viewed 2986 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

Jean-Michael Seri cost Fulham £35million as Cottagers beat Europe's elite for midfielder's signature
The south-west London club have agreed to meet the Ivory Coast international's release clause

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:40 am

Wow! Think they’ll do more than stay up.
buckleys brewery

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:46 am

buckleys brewery wrote:Wow! Think they’ll do more than stay up.

They won’t spending money isn’t the automatic answer
Llan_Blue

Postby norms76 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 am

Wow, they’ve spent more on one player than we’ve spent all summer.

Money doesn’t automatically make you safe from relegation but on the other hand, buying quality like this won’t do you any harm.
norms76

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am

Anybody who thinks Fulham will do well this season with their tippy tappy Barcelona sh*t have rocks in their head, they will be sussed out quick enough and fall into oblivion.

Horrible lifeless club
Wolfpac

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Anybody who thinks Fulham will do well this season with their tippy tappy Barcelona sh*t have rocks in their head, they will be sussed out quick enough and fall into oblivion.

Horrible lifeless club

did Al Fayed run off with your wife or something? :?

Fulham will be more than ok this season IMO
paulh_85

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 pm

norms76 wrote:Wow, they’ve spent more on one player than we’ve spent all summer.

Money doesn’t automatically make you safe from relegation but on the other hand, buying quality like this won’t do you any harm.

Playing wise it wont but begs question how does their yank owner hope to avoid ffp if it goes tits up? :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 pm

People need to remember though, Fulham only have 13 first team players atm and don't even have Mitrovic or Targett who were massive for them. They need 10-11 players and trying to get them all to gel is going to be hard, They have a serious challenge on their hands imo and I reckon them and Huddersfield will be right in it.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Blue Legend » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 pm

That's a quality signing to be honest. He was Barcelona bound last summer and a lot of the bigger clubs have shown interest.
I don't care about Vincent,
He don't care about me.
All I care about is CCFC......
Blue Legend

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:People need to remember though, Fulham only have 13 first team players atm and don't even have Mitrovic or Targett who were massive for them. They need 10-11 players and trying to get them all to gel is going to be hard, They have a serious challenge on their hands imo and I reckon them and Huddersfield will be right in it.

If they want to buy Mitrovic and Targett that will cost them another £30 million perhaps even more

Which means that they will have spent £65 million on basically 1 more player than they finished last season with, that player being an untried Ivorian who has never played in British football

Big gamble
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:People need to remember though, Fulham only have 13 first team players atm and don't even have Mitrovic or Targett who were massive for them. They need 10-11 players and trying to get them all to gel is going to be hard, They have a serious challenge on their hands imo and I reckon them and Huddersfield will be right in it.

If they want to buy Mitrovic and Targett that will cost them another £30 million perhaps even more

Which means that they will have spent £65 million on basically 1 more player than they finished last season with, that player being an untried Ivorian who has never played in British football

Big gamble

That's what I thought. Looking at their current side they need 1 Right back (to replace Fredricks) 2 Centre backs, 2 Left Backs, 2 Centre Mids, 1 Winger and 2 strikers. so they basically still need 10 more players due to the fact that half of their team were loan players that were the core of their team and now they cant get them back. Where if you look at us, the core of our team were our players with a few loans to bulk up the squad. The problem I see with Fulham is, they relied heavily on 4 individuals to get them promoted, Fredricks (Who's gone) Cairney (Who wont dominate games against better opposition) Sessegnon and Mitrovic (who's left and will cost 20m+ to get back). I never felt with us that we relied on individuals to win us games, as we had players all around the park that could get us goals. I reckon Fulham might be found out in the prem and will not be able to dominate games and rely on individual brilliance to win them games like they did in the championship as other clubs will be able to deal with those 2-3 players. Also always thought Fulham played way to high a line and looked dodgy defensively.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Jean-Michael Seri cost Fulham £35million as Cottagers beat Europe's elite for midfielder's signature
The south-west London club have agreed to meet the Ivory Coast international's release clause

I’m not worried, we’ve resigned Gunnarsson and he’s bloody brilliant. :roll:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:52 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Jean-Michael Seri cost Fulham £35million as Cottagers beat Europe's elite for midfielder's signature

Spending like us previously in premiership, surely cannot justify 35m on one player ! Only top 7 pay that kind fee plus wages totally nuts by yank owner. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Spending like us previously in premiership, surely cannot justify 35m on one player ! Only top 7 pay that kind fee plus wages totally nuts by yank owner. :old:

Didn’t mention any of that I’m just comparing quality. I’ll trust Warnock to get it right but I’d love to see a bit more quality come in.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Didn’t mention any of that I’m just comparing quality. I’ll trust Warnock to get it right but I’d love to see a bit more quality come in.

I agree and do need a quality midfielder, i was just saying only top teams pay 35m for a player not sure how they can justify price being newly promoted :old:
pembroke allan

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

We didn’t spend that much last time around our largest fee being about 11m for Gary Medel whilst Caulker was approx 8m. Also consider the fact that large chunks of the money were recovered in sales. I think that the club need to spend sensibly by adding quality whilst not going mad. Spend 35-45m of the 180-200m the club will get and it has to be a sound investment if the club survives in the Premiership. You survive the first season and most clubs go from strength to strength. It’s only by surviving those early years that some of the top clubs have got to where they are now. 200m invest, stay up, 200m invest, stay up and that’s how it goes. If Fulham spend 60m for example and stay up I’m sure that they will say it’s money well spent. Each club has presumably a sensible figure in mind without putting the club into crisis if they are relegated.

Look at the Championship clubs who are chasing the dream because there are huge sums of money in the Premier League.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:45 pm

I thought it was £18million??
A big difference!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We didn’t spend that much last time around our largest fee being about 11m for Gary Medel whilst Caulker was approx 8m. Also consider the fact that large chunks of the money were recovered in sales. I think that the club need to spend sensibly by adding quality whilst not going mad. Spend 35-45m of the 180-200m the club will get and it has to be a sound investment if the club survives in the Premiership. You survive the first season and most clubs go from strength to strength. It’s only by surviving those early years that some of the top clubs have got to where they are now. 200m invest, stay up, 200m invest, stay up and that’s how it goes. If Fulham spend 60m for example and stay up I’m sure that they will say it’s money well spent. Each club has presumably a sensible figure in mind without putting the club into crisis if they are relegated.

Look at the Championship clubs who are chasing the dream because there are huge sums of money in the Premier League.

You may be right about speculating to accumulate but even established teams wont spend what Fulham and wolves are spending! But guess now money is so huge that its irrelevant what teams spend even if get relegated selling players they've bought at great expense will benefit them alongside massive parachute payments., so think city even if relegated will do well next season :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat