Tommy Robinson Chant

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tommy Robinson Chant

Postby Jes » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 pm

I was talking to a lad in work yesterday and he told me that many of the clubs in the league system will be chanting Tommy Robinson on the terraces at many matches.
I think this would be hated by all the media who have refused to give any airtime to the guy.
I don't know how to set up a poll on here but id be interested to know how many would join in the chant.
Personally I think most would but am i Naive?
Jes

Tommy Robinson Chant

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Tommy Robinson Chant

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Jes wrote:I was talking to a lad in work yesterday and he told me that many of the clubs in the league system will be chanting Tommy Robinson on the terraces at many matches.
I think this would be hated by all the media who have refused to give any airtime to the guy.
I don't know how to set up a poll on here but id be interested to know how many would join in the chant.

Yeah your naive.

He’s a f*cking bellend.
Llan_Blue

Postby Jes » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Jes wrote:I was talking to a lad in work yesterday and he told me that many of the clubs in the league system will be chanting Tommy Robinson on the terraces at many matches.

Yeah your naive.

He’s a f*cking bellend.

That's one opinion and i respect that even though my own is very different.
I suppose we shall see who is naive after a few games.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Jes

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Yeah your naive.

He’s a f*cking bellend.

:thumbup:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Flyingpostman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Personally don't like the guy and what he represents although I understand why he strikes a chord with certain people .

Would be disappointed if this sort of chanting made its way on to our terraces .Would much prefer if the chants stayed related to football and not politics
Flyingpostman

Postby BlueLew » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Tommy Robinson is a first class bellend , no thanks

:bluebird:
BlueLew

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Flyingpostman wrote:Personally don't like the guy and what he represents although I understand why he strikes a chord with certain people .

Would be disappointed if this sort of chanting made its way on to our terraces .Would much prefer if the chants stayed related to football and not politics

Same here. Lets keep the chants football related as football should be something that brings everyone together not separate people through political views. Id rather we get a chant going about Croatia :lol: Or change the lyrics from 'Its coming home' to 'You f*cked it up, you f*cked it up, you f*cked it, England f*cked it up'.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby phildavies » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Why the f**k would we want to chant about him? Anyway it will be a few people from each club not many. The same as the few that turned up protest his arrest despite one deluded person on here claiming it was going to be the biggest protest in British history :lol:
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 pm

It's quite simple.

No matter whether you support him or oppose him. A chant has no place at a football game and can only alienate the game and put fan against fan.

Just like previous provocative chants, like the Shipman one, they are excruciatingly embarrassing.
Wayne S

Postby Gaynor Straight » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:47 pm

So you think at least 17000 would join in? Why not give him the magic hat aswell?
Naive indeed.
Gaynor Straight

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

You could fill 10 wembleys all chanting his name and it won't make a blind bit of difference as far as the law is concerened.
Sneggyblubird

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Of course I wouldn't.
2blue2handle

Postby nathansfmachine » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:43 pm

I have always been happy that Cardiff city supporters generally have never gone in for this political bollocks
nathansfmachine

Postby Flyingpostman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Wayne S wrote:It's quite simple.

No matter whether you support him or oppose him. A chant has no place at a football game and can only alienate the game and put fan against fan.

Just like previous provocative chants, like the Shipman one, they are excruciatingly embarrassing.

:occasion5: Totally agree :thumbup:
Flyingpostman

Postby City Slicker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Well here's one who won't chant anything (positive) about Yaxley-Lennon. Let's have more chants about Cardiff City instead :bluescarf:
City Slicker

Postby harold pinta » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 pm

Cardiff was built on it’s docks and was one of the first multi cultural, cosmopolitan Cities in the World. It’s still very much a multi cultural City and I’m really proud that Welsh, Italian, Portuguese, Afro-Caribbean, Polish, Irish, Indian etc etc live happily together.
The likes of Timmy Robison and the English defence league have no place here and I guarantee anyone that starts idiotic chants for this objectionable shower of shit will be booed out of the place.

Racists not welcome at CCS!
harold pinta

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 pm

I could think of several names similar to naive as well.
Keep it to football ffs.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 pm

I am going to City games to chant about some pr*ck that has nothing to do with City, this has to be up there with the top whoppers.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

I have followed Tommy for a few years on twitter and I do agree with a lot of things he says but...
The law is the law and chanting his name at the football is pointless.
Let's stick to Alan Corks Barmy army... :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Jock » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 am

harold pinta wrote:Cardiff was built on it’s docks and was one of the first multi cultural, cosmopolitan Cities in the World. It’s still very much a multi cultural City and I’m really proud that Welsh, Italian, Portuguese, Afro-Caribbean, Polish, Irish, Indian etc etc live happily together.
The likes of Timmy Robison and the English defence league have no place here and I guarantee anyone that starts idiotic chants for this objectionable shower of shit will be booed out of the place.

Tommy is not a racist he’s a pragmatist, if you took the time to listen to what he has to say you’d realise the issue is with Islam, as he’s said all the groups you mention and many more have all been rubbing along happily, Islamic intollerence is the problem. That said Cardiff Matches are no place for politics as ultimately it’s devisive.
Jock

Postby Jock » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:53 am

City Slicker wrote:Well here's one who won't chant anything (positive) about Yaxley-Lennon. Let's have more chants about Cardiff City instead :bluescarf:

But you’d chant something negative? What a silly chap you are.
Jock

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:02 am

Jock wrote:
harold pinta wrote:Cardiff was built on it’s docks and was one of the first multi cultural, cosmopolitan Cities in the World. It’s still very much a multi cultural City and I’m really proud that Welsh, Italian, Portuguese, Afro-Caribbean, Polish, Irish, Indian etc etc live happily together.

Tommy is not a racist he’s a pragmatist, if you took the time to listen to what he has to say you’d realise the issue is with Islam, as he’s said all the groups you mention and many more have all been rubbing along happily, Islamic intollerence is the problem. That said Cardiff Matches are no place for politics as ultimately it’s devisive.

Jock, you're spot on here. :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:17 am

The guy is a tw*t and a racist If City fans ever chant about him I would lose faith However I do feel it would only be a few Moran’s thank god
Milkybarkid

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:21 am

Milkybarkid wrote:The guy is a tw*t and a racist If City fans ever chant about him I would lose faith However I do feel it would only be a few Moran’s thank god

OHHH you're strong and tough.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am

Milkybarkid wrote:The guy is a tw*t and a racist If City fans ever chant about him I would lose faith However I do feel it would only be a few Moran’s thank god

i dont think these chants have any place at football either ..
but arnt you being racist towards morans...?
you quite clearly have no idea what TR or those that follow him stand for or campaign against but are quite prepared to tar them as being RACIST because you dont like the look of them or fred told harry who is courting your sister that TR is a racist so youll copy them..
its ironic that most ill informed narrow minded are always the first to shout racist..
dogfound

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:17 am

Tommy Robinson isn't a Racist and hasn't been connected to the EDL in years but hey don't let that put you off twisting it.

That aside Politics has no place at the football and this chant shouldn't even be entertained.
WelshPatriot

Postby RadnorRoad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 am

OP asked for opinions and this is my personal view and I know others will have a different one:

I won't be chanting this
1.Football and politics shouldn't mix
2. It'll drive a wedge between fans
3. This is part of a wider far-right move to get football fans ("casuals" especially) together
4. I have seen this every ten years since I was a kid through the NF, BM, BNP etc - read the excellent hoolie book by Browner of Bristol Rovers
5. Fortunately Cardiff is one club where this hasn't worked in general because people see through it
6. In my opinion he is a racist
7. He brought this on to make him look a martyr
8. Some of the people leading this campaign know exactly what they're doing and use it as a front to get people involved who are reasonably worried about immigration, British culture and sexual exploitation - every club forum has a strand like this that uses almost identical wording

As I say, that's my opinion
RadnorRoad

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am

RadnorRoad wrote:OP asked for opinions and this is my personal view and I know others will have a different one:

I won't be chanting this
1.Football and politics shouldn't mix
2. It'll drive a wedge between fans
3. This is part of a wider far-right move to get football fans ("casuals" especially) together
4. I have seen this every ten years since I was a kid through the NF, BM, BNP etc - read the excellent hoolie book by Browner of Bristol Rovers
5. Fortunately Cardiff is one club where this hasn't worked in general because people see through it
6. In my opinion he is a racist
7. He brought this on to make him look a martyr
8. Some of the people leading this campaign know exactly what they're doing and use it as a front to get people involved who are reasonably worried about immigration, British culture and sexual exploitation - every club forum has a strand like this that uses almost identical wording

As I say, that's my opinion

I remember the old Combat 18 flyers going around Ninian Park, nearly every flyer was binned. Cardiff have always stayed away from any kind of movement.
WelshPatriot

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 am

dogfound wrote:

you quite clearly have no idea what TR or those that follow him stand for or campaign against but are quite prepared to tar them as being RACIST because you dont like the look of them or fred told harry who is courting your sister that TR is a racist so youll copy them..
its ironic that most ill informed narrow minded are always the first to shout racist..

Thank god the vast majority have the same view as myself The guy is scum and the world would be a better place without his type
Milkybarkid

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Thank god the vast majority have the same view as myself The guy is scum and the world would be a better place without his type

there you go again aligning yourself up with being right..........no mate the vast majority of people look at things from more than one pre determined side...........lets start with the word RACIST..a} do you know what it means..and B} giving you the benefit of the doubt what exactly has TR said or done that makes him a racist....or scum...
dogfound

Next

Return to General Chat