UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby ae15 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:25 am

UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Saturday 3pm 11th August :bluebird:

ITS 1,211 AWAY ALLOCATION :bluebird: :bluebird:

Update: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Seems this is the criteria that will be initially implemented and reduced according to demand...

There will be a 1,211 away allocation for Bournemouth and 7 away matches from previous season


For the next 4 aways (Huddersfield, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool) the criteria will be only 4 tickets away from last season


I think it's great that the more regular away travellers are getting the first opportunity :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Attachments
10285124_10153054758915159_5602417420214683227_o-2.jpg
10285124_10153054758915159_5602417420214683227_o-2.jpg (144.78 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
User avatar
ae15
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:35 pm

UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:33 am

has to be.


will only have about 1500 tickets for that one
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 pm

ae15 wrote:How do you think they will do this?

Number of aways last season first?

That's the way they did it last time we were in the Prem, and it would be very unfair if its not. However their ticketing policy has been pretty poor recently. Burton was first come first serve last season and sold out two weeks before the season started.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Its a 1700 allocation and it will prob be block c, they could just sell to st and gold member but i think it will be 2 the season before
HARRYccfc1927
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Radyr

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby Gaffer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Start at 10 away last year and work the way down it should be.

Do this for the first 6 away games this season then going forward set the criteria on the people who have been to those 6.

This way it guarantees a few a fair way of doing it.
Gaffer
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Gaffer wrote:Start at 10 away last year and work the way down it should be.

Do this for the first 6 away games this season then going forward set the criteria on the people who have been to those 6.

This way it guarantees a few a fair way of doing it.


That is the most unfair away of doing it, I only done 2 aways 1 being on my name so people get first dibs on the first 6 based on last season yeah that is fair but the next bit is absolutely ludicrous.. there will be the odd few games that we won't sell out or come close too like West Ham away on midweek where I would be able to attend yet miss out down to the most unfairest system possible.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
User avatar
DandoCCFC
 
Posts: 13218
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 am
Location: Tredegar <O>

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:06 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
ae15 wrote:How do you think they will do this?

Number of aways last season first?

That's the way they did it last time we were in the Prem, and it would be very unfair if its not. However their ticketing policy has been pretty poor recently. Burton was first come first serve last season and sold out two weeks before the season started.


I think that is a bit unfair to be honest with you.

I'll be the first to criticise the Club when I think they get things wrong but they had no reason to start putting selling criteria in place for that Burton game as the previous season our away support had been so disappointing.

In fact, even though I praise our support and think it's decent, apart from that Burton game, Villa, Derby and possibly Fulham I don't think we sold out any other away games in a Promotion winning season so next season with (mostly) larger away ends I don't think getting tickets will be that much of a problem, apart from maybe 5-6 games (this one included) so I hope the Club don't get all to saddled down with selling criteria and lets just fill out the away ends.
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2233
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Don't see why you needed criteria on Burton Albion away, jesus christ you that petty.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
User avatar
DandoCCFC
 
Posts: 13218
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 am
Location: Tredegar <O>

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 pm

The Club have already said that everyone who can prove they went there in the 1985/6 season will have first shout, people who have match programmes won't count. I've got my train ticket in a drawer somewhere, so hoping that should be good enough.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015
 
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm

It would be great to have points system for members. Obviously you should accumulate more for going to away games say 1 point per home and 2 for away matches for example. Then when tickets go on sale they go to people who have accumulated the most first. If you did 5 aways for example last season and that's that but then someone else who has done 12 Homes and 3 aways last season should get priority as theyve spent more money etc!
User avatar
Once a blue always a blue44
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:59 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:14 pm

RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
ae15 wrote:How do you think they will do this?

Number of aways last season first?

That's the way they did it last time we were in the Prem, and it would be very unfair if its not. However their ticketing policy has been pretty poor recently. Burton was first come first serve last season and sold out two weeks before the season started.


I think that is a bit unfair to be honest with you.

I'll be the first to criticise the Club when I think they get things wrong but they had no reason to start putting selling criteria in place for that Burton game as the previous season our away support had been so disappointing.

In fact, even though I praise our support and think it's decent, apart from that Burton game, Villa, Derby and possibly Fulham I don't think we sold out any other away games in a Promotion winning season so next season with (mostly) larger away ends I don't think getting tickets will be that much of a problem, apart from maybe 5-6 games (this one included) so I hope the Club don't get all to saddled down with selling criteria and lets just fill out the away ends.

No one is saying that we dont sell to others if there's tickets left and I agree that we won't sell out every week anyway. But surely its only fair that those who consistently followed the City away last season should have preference, at least for the early games. Or are we saying that someone who went to such places as Barnsley and Ipswich on a cold Tuesday night deserves no better reward for their loyalty than someone who has now decided to buy a season ticket because we made it to the Premier league. And the point i was making about the Burton game was it was the first game of the season and we sold out very quickly and I know a couple of regulars who couldnt initially get tickets. I went in the day they came out because I had a feeling it would. (What is bizarre is that we took less to Wolves for the next game.Strange support last year.)
JJ1927
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Liverpool, utd, Chelsea and Arsenal trips for me please.
BlueMoon1974
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
ae15 wrote:How do you think they will do this?

Number of aways last season first?

That's the way they did it last time we were in the Prem, and it would be very unfair if its not. However their ticketing policy has been pretty poor recently. Burton was first come first serve last season and sold out two weeks before the season started.


I think that is a bit unfair to be honest with you.

I'll be the first to criticise the Club when I think they get things wrong but they had no reason to start putting selling criteria in place for that Burton game as the previous season our away support had been so disappointing.

In fact, even though I praise our support and think it's decent, apart from that Burton game, Villa, Derby and possibly Fulham I don't think we sold out any other away games in a Promotion winning season so next season with (mostly) larger away ends I don't think getting tickets will be that much of a problem, apart from maybe 5-6 games (this one included) so I hope the Club don't get all to saddled down with selling criteria and lets just fill out the away ends.

No one is saying that we dont sell to others if there's tickets left and I agree that we won't sell out every week anyway. But surely its only fair that those who consistently followed the City away last season should have preference, at least for the early games. Or are we saying that someone who went to such places as Barnsley and Ipswich on a cold Tuesday night deserves no better reward for their loyalty than someone who has now decided to buy a season ticket because we made it to the Premier league. And the point i was making about the Burton game was it was the first game of the season and we sold out very quickly and I know a couple of regulars who couldnt initially get tickets. I went in the day they came out because I had a feeling it would. (What is bizarre is that we took less to Wolves for the next game.Strange support last year.)


Perhaps I have misunderstood your post slightly but my reply was based on the line where you said 'their ticketing policy has been pretty poor recently'.

I thought that was harsh as 'recently' I don't see what they have done much wrong.

I don't disagree with anything you said in your second post BTW.

Of course people should be rewarded for loyal support, they should do the system whereby tickets go on sale drip fed down on a number of away's people have done then chuck the rest on general sale :thumbup:
RV Casual
 
Posts: 2233
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:03 am

RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
ae15 wrote:How do you think they will do this?

Number of aways last season first?

That's the way they did it last time we were in the Prem, and it would be very unfair if its not. However their ticketing policy has been pretty poor recently. Burton was first come first serve last season and sold out two weeks before the season started.


I think that is a bit unfair to be honest with you.

I'll be the first to criticise the Club when I think they get things wrong but they had no reason to start putting selling criteria in place for that Burton game as the previous season our away support had been so disappointing.

In fact, even though I praise our support and think it's decent, apart from that Burton game, Villa, Derby and possibly Fulham I don't think we sold out any other away games in a Promotion winning season so next season with (mostly) larger away ends I don't think getting tickets will be that much of a problem, apart from maybe 5-6 games (this one included) so I hope the Club don't get all to saddled down with selling criteria and lets just fill out the away ends.

No one is saying that we dont sell to others if there's tickets left and I agree that we won't sell out every week anyway. But surely its only fair that those who consistently followed the City away last season should have preference, at least for the early games. Or are we saying that someone who went to such places as Barnsley and Ipswich on a cold Tuesday night deserves no better reward for their loyalty than someone who has now decided to buy a season ticket because we made it to the Premier league. And the point i was making about the Burton game was it was the first game of the season and we sold out very quickly and I know a couple of regulars who couldnt initially get tickets. I went in the day they came out because I had a feeling it would. (What is bizarre is that we took less to Wolves for the next game.Strange support last year.)


Perhaps I have misunderstood your post slightly but my reply was based on the line where you said 'their ticketing policy has been pretty poor recently'.

I thought that was harsh as 'recently' I don't see what they have done much wrong.

I don't disagree with anything you said in your second post BTW.

Of course people should be rewarded for loyal support, they should do the system whereby tickets go on sale drip fed down on a number of away's people have done then chuck the rest on general sale :thumbup:

We are in agreement on the principle and maybe I was perhaps being a bit harsh.As most games it was easy to get a ticket maybe they felt there was no need. I might be wrong but off hand I cant remember them having a criteria for any games. Brentford on a Saturday for example was obviously going to sell out quickly. (As it was it was postponed and the re arranged game was on tv). I know they have the systems in place which record away attendance so hopefully they will utilize it a bit more next season.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby Gaffer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:54 pm

7 aways for Bournemouth then dropping to 4 after 4 days.
Gaffer
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:07 pm

they should give it to the best looking fans. I know it harsh on some, but it'll work for me :laughing6: :ayatollah:
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5098
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH SELLING CRITERIA

Postby Sven » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:30 pm

Update:

Seems this is the criteria that will be initially implemented and reduced according to demand...

There will be a 1211 away allocation for Bournemouth and 7 away matches from previous season

For the next 4 aways (Huddersfield, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool) the criteria will be only 4 tickets away from last season

I think it's great that the more regular away travellers are getting the first opportunity :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 13969
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH SELLING CRITERIA

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Will it be dropped to 6 aways after a few days ?
CardiffCityBlue
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH SELLING CRITERIA

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Only 7 Away matches needed for a chance to see bournemouth, I only have 4 from last season so I am hoping to get better luck for future away matches
Check Out:
The ReaN Show Series 1
The ReaN Show Series 2
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
CardiffFanTV


Also You Can Show Your Love & Support By Subscribing To:
CardiffFanTV (2nd Channel)
Sam ReaN (Main Channel)
YouTube Channels
User avatar
Sam ReaN
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH SELLING CRITERIA

Postby Sven » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Will it be dropped to 6 aways after a few days ?


It will, subject to take up from those with 7 games under their belt :thumbright:

Like SamRean, I have four myself and I'm not holding out too much hope of going, if I'm being honest! :cry:
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 13969
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH SELLING CRITERIA

Postby Lawnmower » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:05 am

A couple of hundred are being held back to go on sale to those who don’t qualify.

I’ve no idea how they are going to decide who gets them though as from the demand I’ve had from people who want to travel we could sell our allocation 3-4 times over
Lawnmower
 
Posts: 8508
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Bournemouth selling criteria?

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 am

ThomasC wrote:they should give it to the best looking fans. I know it harsh on some, but it'll work for me :laughing6: :ayatollah:


My kids reckon I look like a mix of Creature from Harry Potter and Gollum from Lord of the Rings. I’m a plastic when it comes to away games with just 2 or 3 under my belt last season, but I’ll take my chance on that over some sort of looks competition. :lol:
103 Barmy Army
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH SELLING CRITERIA

Postby alexccfc » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:24 am

Lawnmower wrote:A couple of hundred are being held back to go on sale to those who don’t qualify.


Is this for Bournnouth do you mean mate?

If so how many actually qualify for the 7 games anyway ?
alexccfc
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby Jones_1994 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am

Any idea when these are going on sale ??
Jones_1994
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 am

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:07 am

No complaints about whos getting 1st choice but going forward it could end up a closed shop if most eligible with 7 or say 4 away game's will take up majority of allocation for other games how are others suppose to get enough games in to be eligible in subsequent games/seasons? Guess only answer is to go to midweek away games :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15499
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby bluebird58 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:21 am

How do people start to go to away games if the allocation goes to those who have been before. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 14 years now and now retired so away games are more accessible for me now . Will I be entitled to a Bournemouth ticket?
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: BARRY

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:55 am

bluebird58 wrote:How do people start to go to away games if the allocation goes to those who have been before. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 14 years now and now retired so away games are more accessible for me now . Will I be entitled to a Bournemouth ticket?



You need to book midweek away games but that will only qualify you for next season if you are lucky! as maybe 3/4 midweek games, so at moment wont meet the cryteria set welcome to the premiership :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15499
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:35 pm

The four aways following Bormuff may not sell out to those with 4 aways from last season as they're pretty big grounds. Those with less than four, will I think have a chance of a ticket.
Only have 2 myself from last year but am hopeful of a ticket to the new White Hart Lane
Gaynor Straight
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:25 am

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby TERRYB » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Bournemouth on the sunny South Coast in August is a great place for a football weekender, our first away game back in the Prem there will be a lot more than 1200 Bluebirds down there! :bluescarf:
TERRYB
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: UPDATED: BOURNEMOUTH TICKETS AWAY SELLING CRITERIA

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:No complaints about whos getting 1st choice but going forward it could end up a closed shop if most eligible with 7 or say 4 away game's will take up majority of allocation for other games how are others suppose to get enough games in to be eligible in subsequent games/seasons? Guess only answer is to go to midweek away games :old:

I agree with your point. However by the time we get to mid season there will be so many games on TV with awkward kick of times that demand will drop off- unless we do a Leicester!
JJ1927
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: angelis1949, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], JonBoy1982, MAESTEG BLUE, Majestic-12 [Bot], montyblue, oohahhPaulMillar, pontlliwblue, sgd66, TopCat CCFC, Welshman in CA, worcester_ccfc and 261 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.