Newcastle and Arsenal games going to be sell outs

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:41 am

As we know e-ticketing is not the most reliable but just looked on their site and only about 200 tickets left for Arsenal and maybe 400/500 for Newcastle

If this is correct both games going to sell out
oohahhPaulMillar

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Newcastle and Arsenal games going to be sell outs

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Not many left for Man City,Burnley or Fulham either,all will be sellouts as not yet open to general public?
HarriRhys22

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:33 pm

There were many that thought that we wouldn’t get 25k because prices had been increased after the early season offer finished. I think that the club got it spot on in that it’s a business not a charity.

Clearly everyone wants cheaper prices but when the demand is there you have to expect prices to go up. We are now playing in the Premiership so undoubtedly there was going to be increased demand.

Everyone had the opportunity to take advantage of the cheaper prices prior to the rises. All the top games will undoubtedly sell out and I wouldn’t expect to see many empty seats in the other games. Good business & marketing by the club.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:There were many that thought that we wouldn’t get 25k because prices had been increased after the early season offer finished. I think that the club got it spot on in that it’s a business not a charity.

Clearly everyone wants cheaper prices but when the demand is there you have to expect prices to go up. We are now playing in the Premiership so undoubtedly there was going to be increased demand.

Everyone had the opportunity to take advantage of the cheaper prices prior to the rises. All the top games will undoubtedly sell out and I wouldn’t expect to see many empty seats in the other games. Good business & marketing by the club.

i thought they got it wrong { didnt see anyone predict less than 25k though } and will be chuffed to bits if proved wrong.
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 pm

I said that once promoted we will average over 31,000 for this coming season, it won't matter if prices are higher,tickets hard to buy, or even if it rains :lol: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Yes sadly we barely got 16,000 for some promotion games last season and 100 plus excuses were made, no excuses now.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:There were many that thought that we wouldn’t get 25k because prices had been increased after the early season offer finished. I think that the club got it spot on in that it’s a business not a charity.

i thought they got it wrong { didnt see anyone predict less than 25k though } and will be chuffed to bits if proved wrong.

Have a look at the ‘£599’ thread which was started on 6th June.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:57 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

nobody on that thread says anything about getting less than 25k apart from you when you totally missed what pembroke Allen was saying..
25 or 26k for the smaller games was the closest..opening game v Newcastle and then Arsenal are by no means smaller games.
and it was not about anyone wanting cheaper prices for themselves.....it was about the club selling all STs and having a waiting list and forcing demand..
if the demand is there without it...great ,because my concern was that it wouldnt be..
dogfound

Postby bluecityblue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:33 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Not many left for Man City,Burnley or Fulham either,all will be sellouts as not yet open to general public?

I couldn’t get tickets yesterday for Newcastle because I don’t have the correct privileges? I bought tickets last season no problem with my fan number. My mate had to get me one with his ST number.
bluecityblue

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 pm

bluecityblue wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:Not many left for Man City,Burnley or Fulham either,all will be sellouts as not yet open to general public?

I couldn’t get tickets yesterday for Newcastle because I don’t have the correct privileges? I bought tickets last season no problem with my fan number. My mate had to get me one with his ST number.

Currently you can only by game tickets if you have a ST, a Flexi Ticket or a membership.

General sale starts 7 to 10 days before kick off.
Wayne S

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I said that once promoted we will average over 31,000 for this coming season, it won't matter if prices are higher,tickets hard to buy, or even if it rains :lol: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Yes sadly we barely got 16,000 for some promotion games last season and 100 plus excuses were made, no excuses now.

Im going to go 1k more our average will be 32 this season :lol: 24k season ticket holders ,4k away fans leaves only 5 k general sale i think most games we will sell out
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

nobody on that thread says anything about getting less than 25k apart from you when you totally missed what pembroke Allen was saying..
25 or 26k for the smaller games was the closest..opening game v Newcastle and then Arsenal are by no means smaller games.
and it was not about anyone wanting cheaper prices for themselves.....it was about the club selling all STs and having a waiting list and forcing demand..
if the demand is there without it...great ,because my concern was that it wouldnt be..

At no time have I had said that we will get less than 25k. I certainly didn’t miss what Pembroke Allen was saying in fact he states “RV agree better selling maximum seats to leave minimum seats to match day sales a 26+ crowd is better than 20K” ( inference that we will get 20k crowds?) Also another says “21,200 ST sold so far...I don’t see them shifting many more”. Another says “ I can see crowds of 25-26k for everyone other than the top 6”. Another says “ It will be embarrassing if for some games we only get 25-26k next season and have 8k empty seats”.

There is also another thread which was started on 10th May.

The point that I am making is that it looks like crowds will be bigger than what some expected and that’s why I think the club have done a good job. Opening game yes but Newcastle are not a top 6 team so if it is a near sell out then that’s an excellent result.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

At no time have I had said that we will get less than 25k. I certainly didn’t miss what Pembroke Allen was saying in fact he states “RV agree better selling maximum seats to leave minimum seats to match day sales a 26+ crowd is better than 20K” ( inference that we will get 20k crowds?) Also another says “21,200 ST sold so far...I don’t see them shifting many more”. Another says “ I can see crowds of 25-26k for everyone other than the top 6”. Another says “ It will be embarrassing if for some games we only get 25-26k next season and have 8k empty seats”.

There is also another thread which was started on 10th May.

The point that I am making is that it looks like crowds will be bigger than what some expected and that’s why I think the club have done a good job. Opening game yes but Newcastle are not a top 6 team so if it is a near sell out then that’s an excellent result.

you can make these statements after we have played smaller clubs mate...i genuinely hope you do
dogfound

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm

RV Casual being one hasn’t stopped moaning for two months straight that we wouldn’t sell out and prices should be dropped :lol: Clueless.
BobbyBlue

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Only tickets left for Newcastle are the £38 Ninian Upper, which does seem a bit salty for a seat up there.
rumpo kid

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:26 pm

I think the top games will sell out no problem. Also the first and last home matches probably will and any significant games. There will be some I’m sure that won’t sell out but at least will give general public and chance to come and watch us and hopefully become a lifelong fan!
Once a blue always a blue44

Return to General Chat