Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: First 6 Fixtures - Points?

Postby sgd66 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:09 am

4 points at best
sgd66

Postby Whistler » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:37 am

I have had a lot of time over the summer to think about how we will fare this season. It not about the first six games its about all thirty eight, however it pans out finishing 16th or above is the end goal.

I do think we will do a bit better than most people think, we have a number of factors in our favour for the start of the season such as :
1. All promoted sides have a "bounce" over their opening matches.
2. We spent most of last season operating with a low amounts of possession so life in the premier league against the big boys will not be so strange.
3. The World Cup showed that the "Cardiff Style" is in vogue so we could be well placed against a number of teams.
4. Our massive team ethic and togetherness is going to be worth a number of points over the course of the season.

My glass is half full and I think we will get the 36-38 points needed to stay up, we can then build on that for the future.
:bluescarf: :old:
Whistler

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:30 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I can see a win there somewhere. I’m going for 4 points total. If we get more that’ll be a good start even though we maybe in the bottom 3.

4 points from the first 6 games won't be a good start mate, its relegation form and means we will be playing catch up after 6.

We need 6/7 point's minimum, whether we get them or not is another matter.

I didn’t say 4 points would be good, I said more than that would be lol but no seriously I’m just trying to be realistic and can see 4 points but hope for more. We have got some tough teams there so may pick up some points after we’ve played them.

You are of course correct, my bad, I miss-read your post :thumbup:

I’m already right mate! :lol: if we can get a win and a few draws it will be a good start. Can’t wait and this season I have no expectations other than the team out there on the day of a match to give it their all.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Carlossus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:02 pm

Before this thread came on I reckoned on 6 points possible 7 that will be the average we will need for survival.
Carlossus

Postby murphy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:28 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:With the new season only 3 weeks away home do you see the first 6 games going?

Bournemouth A Draw
Newcastle H Draw
Huddersfield A Draw
Arsenal H Draw
Chelsea A Lose
Man City H Lose

4 points out of a possible 18.

WDDLLL = 5pts.
murphy

Postby MOZZER1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:05 pm

7 points please

newcastle and huddersfield 6 points
bournemouth draw
MOZZER1

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:18 pm

I think we will shock a few teams with the pace early on and they will struggle to work us out which should result in a good few points early on.

We will have a good start and i think the Arsenal & Chelsea games coming when they do is perfect for us given they have new managers who will not know the league, systems or players

I think we will get 11/12 points from the first 6 games. Then it will start to get harder as the season progresses
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:24 pm

7points will be good but settle for 5+ :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby ffs » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:16 pm

Bournemouth A Draw
Newcastle H Win
Huddersfield A Win
Arsenal H Win
Chelsea A Lose
Man City H Lose
ffs

Postby carldale mlord » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:31 am

8 pts. Beat bournmouth/Newcastle, get lucky against one of the better teams and a couple of draws.
We will take some getting used to then it will be interesting to see which way it goes
carldale mlord

Postby realblue82 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:27 am

I would be happy with 5 pts with a home win against Newcastle and a draw against Bmouth and Hudds.

I said it before the magic 40 is what we need to stay up and if we can have 24 points by New Year day then i be happy.
realblue82

Postby epping blue » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 am

I'd be happy with 4 or 5 points. Its the 6 game block following where we need to get some points on the board. Home games against Burnley, Fulham, Leicester and Brighton will hopefully see get a tidy haul. Anything at Spurs or Liverpool is very unlikely.
epping blue

Postby tonythomas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:33 pm

I know it's just a thread about people's opinions on a set amount of games, but the season won't be determined by the first six games.
Just felt the need to point out that at the end of September last season, Crystal Palace record was P7 W0 D0 L7 F0 A17.
They finished the season on 44 points in 11th place, so anything is possible.
What is pretty certain is that there will be more losses than victories.
The key will be taking maximum points at home from relegation rivals.
Feeling pretty positive that sell out crowds at the CCS will make a big difference to securing valuable points.
tonythomas

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Some wild predictions on this thread made earlier in the season. Some sensible ones as well, and fair play to Tonteg, has everything spot on with one game to go.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Some wild predictions on this thread made earlier in the season. Some sensible ones as well, and fair play to Tonteg, has everything spot on with one game to go.

I know, I just read it and thought, jeez he's spot on at the moment, think that "Bananas" guy looks like a fool now attacking him
bluebird04

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:42 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Some wild predictions on this thread made earlier in the season. Some sensible ones as well, and fair play to Tonteg, has everything spot on with one game to go.

I know, I just read it and thought, jeez he's spot on at the moment, think that "Bananas" guy looks like a fool now attacking him

Say what?
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Grangetown blue » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:58 pm

I hope he put money on his predictions coz he's been bang on lol
Grangetown blue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm

bluebird04 wrote:

I think that bananas guy has a very apt user name. :oops:
Steve Zodiak

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:

I think that bananas guy has a very apt user name. :oops:

You beat me to it, I was just waiting for our 6th game and then highlighting the fact or asking the question does “Bananas” know anything about football? There is supporting your team, being positive & obviously wanting City to do well but sometimes in life you have to be realistic. Although many predicted single figure points after 6 games he gave me continuous grief because I quoted 4. If they use the forum they should respect other fans opinions and not give them grief simply because they don’t live in their fantasy world. We are not a top 6 team.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby ReeseBluebird1927 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:20 pm

kimble wrote:2pts :o

Lotto numbers for next week please????????
ReeseBluebird1927

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Bournemouth A Lose
Newcastle H Draw
Huddersfield A Draw
Arsenal H Lose
Chelsea A Lose
Man City H Lose

Hopefully, we can get wins against Newcastle and Huddersfield.

Well done Tonteg Bluebird for getting the results and points total correct. You could have given the correct scores though! :laughing6: :notworthy:
bridgendbluebird30

Previous

Return to General Chat