' HARRY ARTER SIGNED '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' HARRY ARTER SIGNED '

Postby Bluesman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:24 am

CARDIFF CITY SIGN HARRY ARTER :thumbright: :bluebird:

Bournemouth agree deal with Cardiff City.

UPDATED

Cardiff City are still optimistic they can land Bournemouth and Ireland midfielder Harry After, despite After turning down a move to the Welsh club after Bournemouth had a agreed a deal with Cardiff.

The midfielder travelled to Cardiff Thursday lunchtime for a medical with the Bluebirds.

It is unclear at this stage whether Arter would come to Cardiff on a season's loan or a permanent transfer.

Sky Sports

It is unclear at this stage whether Arter would come to Cardiff on a season's loan or a permanent transfer, with Bournemouth said to want £10m for their man.

UPDATED:

Exclusive: Harry Arter set to reject move to Cardiff despite Bournemouth accepting offer

Thursday 9th August 2018

Bournemouth have given Harry Arter the green light to move to Cardiff City, but Yahoo Sport understand the Republic of Ireland international is not keen to link up with the Premier League new-boys.

Watford are also in the mix to sign Arter, but they have failed to meet the asking price on the financial package required to strike a deal, with the possibility of the player staying at Bournemouth until January at least now increasing.

' Harry Arter '

Cardiff City have made an approach to take Harry Arter on loan from Bournemouth.

Daily Mail

The 28-year-old midfielder also has interest from Premier League rivals Fulham.

Arter has been at the Cherries since 2010, making 255 appearances in eight years.

The Republic of Ireland international would give the top-flight newcomers experience in the middle of the park.

Arter has racked up 69 Premier League appearances, scoring three goals and providing four assists.

The Premier League transfer window closes at 5pm on Thursday.
Attachments
4ECECD7400000578-6041345-image-a-91_1533768564634.jpg
4ECECD7400000578-6041345-image-a-91_1533768564634.jpg (46.72 KiB) Viewed 17180 times
Bluesman

' HARRY ARTER SIGNED '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Harry Arter

Postby Igovernor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:57 am

Surely sky have got that wrong, seems a bit late in the day to be asking for him on loan, on the day before the window closes, seems to me we are a lot further along than just asking :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:10 am

Really hope this one gets over the line.
jimmy_rat

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 am

Let's hope we get it done.
2blue2handle

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:19 am

Just seen the official approach on Sky. I don’t know much about him.
What’s his midfield position? Will he suit our ‘long ball’ type of style?
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:47 am

Bournemouth now apparently want a cash deal. Just hope that City pay the £10m figure quoted as we could do with his experience in the middle of the park. A workhorse that would give energy to midfield.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Dahboy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Bournemouth now apparently want a cash deal. Just hope that City pay the £10m figure quoted as we could do with his experience in the middle of the park. A workhorse that would give energy to midfield.

I agree. He and ralls would be great.
Dahboy

Postby Bluebina » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 am

Dahboy wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Bournemouth now apparently want a cash deal. Just hope that City pay the £10m figure quoted as we could do with his experience in the middle of the park. A workhorse that would give energy to midfield.

He has a good attitude, I could see him doing really well here !!!
Bluebina

Postby blemmy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am

Bluebina wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Will chip in with a few goals too - we need this one in the bag today!!

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
blemmy

Postby Dahboy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:20 am

blemmy wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Will chip in with a few goals too - we need this one in the bag today!!

:bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Great shot on him too.
Dahboy

Postby bluemun » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:57 am

Can't see this happening. Tan doesn't want to spend any more and Warnock has constantly talked about loan signings. Camarasa and a young striker on loan will probably be it.
bluemun

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

bluemun wrote:Can't see this happening. Tan doesn't want to spend any more and Warnock has constantly talked about loan signings. Camarasa and a young striker on loan will probably be it.

I can. Reports are he’s want away to play more - can’t blame him. He’s a NW type player, and it’s likely a loan as BAFC are reluctant to sell, but they've just signed a big time charlie. Can see the Betis lad joining too. There might even be a few surprises today, Neil has always done deadline day deals. Also, there is money, but the policy is to be frugal which has always been a Warnock trait.
#1ScouseBluebird

Re: ' Harry Arter '

Postby fred keenor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 am

Radio wales stating Arter is only available to buy.
fred keenor

Postby Igovernor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am

fred keenor wrote:Radio wales stating Arter is only available to buy.

Yes its who blinks first though!
Igovernor

Postby pengamblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 am

Get it done, Neil plus a striker BLOOBIRDS
pengamblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 am

Exclusive: Harry Arter set to reject move to Cardiff despite Bournemouth accepting offer

Thursday 9th August 2018

Bournemouth have given Harry Arter the green light to move to Cardiff City, but Yahoo Sport understand the Republic of Ireland international is not keen to link up with the Premier League new-boys.

Watford are also in the mix to sign Arter, but they have failed to meet the asking price on the financial package required to strike a deal, with the possibility of the player staying at Bournemouth until January at least now increasing.

Arter signed a new contract at Bournemouth last summer making him one of the highest earners at the club, but he fell out of favour with manager Eddie Howe and did not play for the first team in the second half of last season.

After striving to prove his worth once again during the pre-season programme, Arter was frustrated by Bournemouth’s decision to sign Colombia international Jefferson Lerma, further reducing his hopes of regular first team football.

“Playing football is my only goal this year and while I have worked hard to get to the Premier League, being at a club where I am not playing is not something I am interested in doing,” said Arter last week.

“I’m doing everything I can to get back into the Bournemouth team, but if the manager comes to me in the next few days and says I will not be part of his plans this season, then we will look at it.

First-team opportunities dried up for Harry After last season

“The manager and I may need to have that conversation before next Thursday, but I hope he has seen the best of me in the pre-season games. I have done all I can to get back into his thoughts for the first game the season.

“I feel in a lot better shape mentally and physically than I did a year ago. Maybe in the past I didn’t deal with disappointment too well, but I realise now that football is my everything and I want to make the best of what is a short career. I don’t want to be wasting my time by not playing.”

While Cardiff are offering an attractive package to Arter, we understand the player and Bournemouth are content for him to remain at the south coast club and battle for a first team place if he rejects the chance to link up with Neil Warnock.

Premier League 2018-19 profile: Bournemouth

A look at the profile of Premier League side Bournemouth ahead of the new season.
Attachments
9090d139c2b505f9e90d1afdde010433.jpg
9090d139c2b505f9e90d1afdde010433.jpg (37.8 KiB) Viewed 13600 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: Updated: ' Harry Arter '

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:03 am

Sounds as if hopeing for another club to come in? Why reject 1st team action no matter what team it's for just to sit on bench at best at bournmouth ?
pembroke allan

Postby pengamblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:33 am

He better make his mind up, sit on the bench or play not a hard choice eh Harry BLOOBIRDS
pengamblue

Postby Crayfish » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:49 am

Grujic had the choice of sitting on the bench at Liverpool or playing regularly in the premier league for us and chose the bench. If Arter has the same attitude he is not worth signing. It is a bit much if the bench at Bornemouth is preferable to us.
Crayfish

Postby Igovernor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 am

Crayfish wrote:Grujic had the choice of sitting on the bench at Liverpool or playing regularly in the premier league for us and chose the bench. If Arter has the same attitude he is not worth signing. It is a bit much if the bench at Bornemouth is preferable to us.

2 premier clubs have come in for him
Igovernor

Postby wez1927 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 am

Crayfish wrote:Grujic had the choice of sitting on the bench at Liverpool or playing regularly in the premier league for us and chose the bench. If Arter has the same attitude he is not worth signing. It is a bit much if the bench at Bornemouth is preferable to us.

Agree we should move on ,only want players who want to play for us
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Blueboys1927 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:20 am

10 mil to Watford. He doesn’t want a relegation scrap at Cardiff apparently :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Gringo22 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 am

The only teams he will able to sign for in the prem will be fight for survival. He's not top 10
Gringo22

Postby TrueBlue99 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:28 am

Conflicting reports about Arter right now.
Attachments
Camarasa and Arter.png
Camarasa and Arter.png (86.73 KiB) Viewed 11643 times
TrueBlue99

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:30 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:10 mil to Watford. He doesn’t want a relegation scrap at Cardiff apparently :bluebird:

Not sure Watford will be too far away from us this season !!
piledriver64

Postby joeywills98 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:47 am

Apparently it’s back on now, I can’t handle deadline day :lol:
joeywills98

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Cardiff City are still optimistic they can land Bournemouth and Ireland midfielder Harry After, despite After turning down a move to the Welsh club after Bournemouth had a agreed a deal with Cardiff.

Sky Sports

It is unclear at this stage whether Arter would come to Cardiff on a season's loan or a permanent transfer, with Bournemouth said to want £10m for their man.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Igovernor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Arter

From Wales online
Cardiff City are still optimistic they can land Bournemouth and Ireland midfielder Harry Arter, WalesOnline understands.

Reports from elsewhere this morning claimed Arter had rejected the prospect of a move to join Neil Warnock's side.

However, our own understanding of the situation is completely different and we're told a deal is actually close to being done.

Harry Arter could be joining

Yahoo Sport had reported this morning Arter wasn't keen to join Cardiff. Even if that were true, things can change quickly on the final day of the transfer window.

We're told Cardiff are locked in talks with Arter and believe they can get him.

Warnock had prioritised mi
Igovernor

Postby Bluesman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:14 pm

This is just like the Grujic fiasco.
Looks like Arter does not want come to City. So don't miss out on others.
Bluesman

Postby goats » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 pm

I always feel if you hear sky reporting on it, but it’s not confirmed as a deal done, then inevitably it won’t happen. The agent will be using our approach as advertising his player to others, which not surprisingly has happened here it seems.
Just move on.... :bluescarf:
goats

Next

Return to General Chat