MADINE AND ZOHORE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MADINE AND ZOHORE

Postby montyblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 pm

They both have a chance now to see what they can do with a free run till january with the wingers we have now hopefully wipping some crosses madine has a chance to get his head on them.
montyblue

MADINE AND ZOHORE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MADINE AND ZOHORE

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:42 pm

montyblue wrote:They both have a chance now to see what they can do with a free run till january with the wingers we have now hopefully wipping some crosses madine has a chance to get his head on them.

Last Saturday we didn’t start either. I can see us starting with no recognised striker again this week
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby davids » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 pm

I really hope that Ken and the coaching staff have spent some considerable time over the summer working on his heading.

For such a tall player he is absolutely no attacking threat in the air and it's one area of his game that surely can be improved by coaching and practice.

I would also like to see him being a bit more aggressive and physical in his play. I don't mean that he should turn into a dirty, snarling player but he should be able to use his physique to make sure the opposition centre halves know that they've been in a game.

An nice early season goal or two would do wonders for his confidence as well.

Go on Big Ken!
davids

Postby maltablue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:06 pm

I wonder how many good free agents will be out there today uk and europe.
I hope ken proves alot of people wrong but if not a free agent might be the answear to keep him on his toes.
maltablue

Postby maltablue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:07 pm

I wonder how many good free agents will be out there today uk and europe.
I hope ken proves alot of people wrong but if not a free agent might be the answear to keep him on his toes.
maltablue

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Why do people keep saying we only have two strikers?

We have Gary Madine Ken Zohore Danny Ward and Bobby Reid.
Llan_Blue

Postby jon1959 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:14 pm

maltablue wrote:I wonder how many good free agents will be out there today uk and europe.

When do the 25 man squads have to be submitted to the Premier League. I've had a quick look but can't see the details.

It must be very soon (maybe tomorrow?) in which case it won't matter what free agents are out there (apart from for cup games).
jon1959

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:15 pm

jon1959 wrote:
maltablue wrote:I wonder how many good free agents will be out there today uk and europe.

When do the 25 man squads have to be submitted to the Premier League. I've had a quick look but can't see the details.

It must be very soon (maybe tomorrow?) in which case it won't matter what free agents are out there (apart from for cup games).

Tomorrow morning the league starts tomorrow night
Llan_Blue

Postby Bluesman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:17 pm

As we have not signed a goalscorer these 2 have to start scoring on a regular basis. The loan window is still open, hopefully we can get a striker in on loan. Or are we restricted with regard to how many loan players we can have.
Bluesman

Postby Llantwit Blues » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:23 pm

What happens on Friday we only submit a squad of 24 can we then sign a free agent taking our No to 25? Anybody know if this is possible
Llantwit Blues

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:37 pm

I have read posts on here saying that there is not much difference between the bottom half of the PL and the top half of the Championship. We managed enough goals to finish second last season, and I think our PL squad has more goal scoring potential than we had last season. We had Zohore as our main striker and we still finished runners up. If posters are correct about the difference between the top championship sides and the bottom half of the PL, some of you may be looking on the pessimistic side of things. We did ok last season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby montyblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:39 pm

LLAN BLUE. My opening post was about madine and zohore i know we have bobby reid as a sort of striker but he needs a step ladder to head a ball and he usally starts behind the striker and zohore's weakest skill is heading so our main heading striker is madine against these 6 ft plus prem defenders
montyblue

Postby dogfound » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Llantwit Blues wrote:What happens on Friday we only submit a squad of 24 can we then sign a free agent taking our No to 25? Anybody know if this is possible

the rule..a couple of years back { might have been changed }

a club can name less than 25 and compliment it at a later date with free agents...BUT if you have 25 or more contracted players you must name 25....going on that he will name 25 i think.
dogfound

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:47 pm

montyblue wrote:LLAN BLUE. My opening post was about madine and zohore i know we have bobby reid as a sort of striker but he needs a step ladder to head a ball and he usally starts behind the striker and zohore's weakest skill is heading so our main heading striker is madine against these 6 ft plus prem defenders

Why does he need to head the ball?

Those 6ft plus prem defenders aren’t going to have fun chasing after Reid and Zohore I can tell you.

An you still totally left out Danny Ward
Llan_Blue

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:57 pm

YouTube would suggest our 2 new midfielders can actually pass pretty well so that could be a new thing for us! <wishing I had a load of smiling and laughing/crying emojis>
welshrarebit

Postby Igovernor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 pm

WE can sign free players, but tomorrow we name our 25 man squad, so why would we sign players that will not be named in the squad so cannot play in the premier
Igovernor

Return to General Chat