MY VIEW: " ITS OUR ONLY CHANCE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am

My biggest concern is that we lack Premiership quality / BUT:

Let me explain : It will be foolish to expect us to beat many teams on skill , guile and passing ability. We are not going to win if we play them at their own game.
We've got to force them to play a different game - our game- the Warnock game- the Pulis game.

For me agree I it is our only chance & Warnock is being clever. We do not have the resources to play the more attractive tica taca football. So we stick with what works for us within our means.

Smallest budget in the Premier League, but Warnock loves it this way :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

IT IS OUR ONLY CHANACE !

We've got to : 1- "park the bus" and try not to concede 2-

We have the desire/will and tough battlers.

We have strength in our tall/tough/battling/hungry players.

RELY ON SET PIECES (also to hit them on the break).

This is the only way Warnok knows and it works!

Premiership quality That is my concern !!

Opinions?

Starting from tomorrow, we have a tough but exciting season ahead against some of the best clubs in the world :bluebird: :bluebird:

We must back Neil Warnock for every game and even when we are on bad runs, keep backing him as thats when Warnock comes out fighting :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
neil-warnock-kevin-blackwell-3.jpg
neil-warnock-kevin-blackwell-3.jpg (17.04 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
JS148885177.jpg
JS148885177.jpg (19.97 KiB) Viewed 5975 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MY VIEW: " ITS OUR ONLY CHANCE "

Postby Bananas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 am

We'll finish in the top 10 :old: bookmark this :bluebird:
Bananas

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 am

I think your right Annis, the difference between last time we went up and this time is we have a set way of playing. people say its ugly etc and at times it can be but it has been effective. Will it work in the prem? time will tell. I think if your solid at the back and have pace in the attacking areas then you always have a chance in a game.

The budget was small but I think that suited Warnock to be honest. If Tan had decided to invest heavily in the squad like say Fulham did then I think we would have changed managers anyway.

I would have liked another striker and a right back but its not to be so we go with what we got and give it a go.

A manager will always get my support as long as I can see they are giving it their all and the club are heading in the right direction.
2blue2handle

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am

This is a must win game we have to win! a point is good but from newcastle, bournemouth and huddesfield we need atleast 6 points
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby CityBlue93 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:37 am

worked well for us last season, we were able to contain teams in our own half, bring them on to us and then break effectively. big worry is our willingness to allow other teams the ball in the knowledge that we have a strong defence wont work so well this season, as if you're allowing prem teams the ball inside your half we will obviously concede a lot more than in champ.

either way agree we will stick to that general game plan, and even though it will need every defensive player to be playing a blinder week in week out and the midfield to be another line of defensive most of the time, i think its the only way to go. also no matter what anyone says about the style i personally love a good counter attacking goal so happy to watch it tbh!
CityBlue93

Postby Carlossus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:41 am

I think your spot on,we are good at doing what we do, I think we will surprise a few teams but Im not saying there will be any guarantees, take our foot off the pedal and we will get punished,play like we can and with the extra oomph we now have,we will be ok. What I like, is the different ways we can go about doing what we do best, if that makes any sense.
Carlossus

Postby Danny Says » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:45 am

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:This is a must win game we have to win! a point is good but from newcastle, bournemouth and huddesfield we need atleast 6 points

Why it is a must win game? What a daft thing to say. If we needed 3 points to stay up and it was the last game of the season, yes obviously but c'mon have a thought before posting such nonsense.

Bournemouth are a very decent team and will IMO be have way too much pace and quality in their midfield and attack for our defensive midfield and defence.

Parking the bus would be a suicide mission. Only way is to try and win/draw or at least be competitive is to be offensive.
Danny Says

Postby maccydee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:50 am

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:This is a must win game we have to win! a point is good but from newcastle, bournemouth and huddesfield we need atleast 6 points

No we don’t.

Must win? It’s the first game ffs
maccydee

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Jesus Christ :lol: :lol:
Llan_Blue

Postby soldierblue1880 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

I don't like the idea of us parking the bus when we play at home unless you meant when we play away,we must always respect the opposition no matter what level they play at but we must not be scared to express ourselves on the opposition,all sensible supporters know full well we are going to lose more games than win them but that doesn't mean to say that we have to go into all games with a defeatist
attitude
soldierblue1880

Postby TERRYB » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Just remember Bluebirds we have something that the other 19 Clubs don't and that's Neil Warnock and players that will roll up their sleeves and battle for us and we have the most passionate fans in the land. Let's enjoy the roller-coaster ride! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
TERRYB

Postby maccydee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Jesus Christ :lol: :lol:

I bet it will be people like him who get on Warnock’s back with a couple of bad results.
maccydee

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 pm

I think you're going to have a long, miserable season if you think we have to get 6 points from those 3 games :o

To expect to beat Bournemouth and/or Huddersfield away is sheer madness and unrealistic.

In reality all we need to do is get to 37/38 points.

Beat each of the 9 other teams in the bottom 10 once gets us to 27 points, then it's about what we can pick up elsewhere.

So it doesn't matter when we pick up the points as long as we do at some point !

I would, though, agree that Newcastle is quite important. Maybe not one that we HAVE to win but a good performance in front of a full house at home will build some momentum that will make us more difficult to beat.
piledriver64

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:23 pm

I don't think we will have to worry too much now. I think that the gaffer has addressed the problem we had when we were in possession,ie,looking after the ball a bit better than we do now.I think the 2 new midfielders will help in that department.
Sneggyblubird

Postby bluemun » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Depending on who we're playing our team selection could vary quite a lot. I was surprised by the first choice team for Real Bet is and, unless Gunnars is fit, I can see Sol doing a similar holding role. Wee can always play on the break though....we've got piles of pace, right down to subs Lad
bluemun

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We must back Neil Warnock for every game and even when we are on bad runs, keep backing him as thats when Warnock comes out fighting :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

This is the key part of your post for me Annis.

Whilst we may not match other teams in overall skill and experience, I don't think many teams will match us in sheer work-rate, commitment and unity. If we can stand together behind Warnock and our team, even through the rough spells, we may well surprise a few on the way. I have faith. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Dessy1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 pm

And seriously what gives us the right to expect to go to a seasoned premier league team and take 3 points?
Dessy1927

Postby Dessy1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:27 pm

And seriously what gives us the right to expect to go to a seasoned premier league team and take 3 points?
Dessy1927

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 pm

2 things that def will happen this season are that we will score goals from set-pieces and, with the pace we have in our front 4, we will catch teams on the break.
What I'm not so certain on us being able to do is to be patient in defence and that's what worries me.
Gaynor Straight

Postby Bay Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

I agree we need to drag teams to our level, some are close to our level so it won’t be difficult.
Teams sorted so there’s no use complaining we should have bought this 1 or that 1, gonna be interesting.

Bring it on :ayatollah:
Bay Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:36 pm

To be fair to harry1927 he’s only 14 - or so he claims - so obviously a little naive.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby JJBluebird98 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:43 pm

I don't necessarily think we can count the first game in a 'must win category' and panic if we don't win, its way too early in the season for that (although it would be a great start to win). We could lose against Bournemouth, Newcastle, Huddersfield and pick up points against arsenal, Spurs, Utd. You never know in football and its important to take one game at a time with the one requirement from the lads that they give '100%' each time.
JJBluebird98

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm

If its a must win for anyone then it's Bournemouth not us.
Last edited by Gaynor Straight on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaynor Straight

Postby JJBluebird98 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm

I don't necessarily think we can count the first game in a 'must win category' and panic if we don't win, its way too early in the season for that (although it would be a great start to win). We could lose against Bournemouth, Newcastle, Huddersfield and pick up points against arsenal, Spurs, Utd. You never know in football and its important to take one game at a time with the one requirement from the lads that they give '100%' each time.
JJBluebird98

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Often see some strange results on opening day. Teams fielding new players who are yet to gel, and new overseas players getting used to the pace of the PL often means it can take two or three games before sides hit their true form. We could win or lose by four tomorrow, and it would'nt really tell us how the season will progress. We will have an idea of where we really stand after 10 or so games.

I am usually accused on this forum of being the most pessimistic fan here, but while I can see why we are most people's favourites to go down, I think we may surprise a few people. I can see us battling to the end, and right now I think we have a decent chance of having a few sides finishing lower than us. Certainly have not written this season off, and as a club, we are in the strongest position we have been in for over 50 years.
Steve Zodiak

Postby FloridaBluebird » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:08 pm

I’d be happy with a point at Bournemouth tbh. I think our biggest weapon is the team spirit and togetherness that Warnock has worked hard to maintain through the summer window. We have signed pace into the side which will give us serious counter attacking options, defensively we look good apart from right fullback but hopefully Jazz can stay fit.
I’m glad we didn’t spend obscene amounts like Fulham and Wolves - if their gamble fails they will be up to their necks in ffp debt and sanctions. We on the other hand have steadily built a squad that can carry us on regardless of the seasons result.
I would have loved us to have nailed down midfielders earlier in the window to gel with the team, but glad to have Arter’s experience and Camarasa’s potential. I know a lot of people wanted us to splash big money for a double figure scoring striker - but that was never a realistic option imo. As stated before, our goals will come from all over - set pieces, counter attacks and the fluid forward play with pace. More than the mythical striker, I had prayed for a Danny Simpson type RB to sure us up at the back and give us the chance to earn vital clean sheets. Time will tell of our weakest links RB or up top?
But now is the time to get behind all the boys and Warnock - we can reassess January!
Last edited by FloridaBluebird on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FloridaBluebird

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Ah well it's nearly here!! Everyone who thinks they are in the know puts us down to be relegated.

Personally I think we will survive and that's because our PL is against Bournemouth, Watford, Huddersfield, Palace, Southampton, Brighton who may struggle?

There is always a side that for some apparent reason has a terrible season so with that in mind I'd add Newcastle, Wolves and Fulham in that mix.

Spending stupid money does help however it takes a foreign player a year to adjust and when you fill a team up with a lot of them then it's asking for trouble.

This time around we look and feel settled and I'm happy with the 6 additions.

Let the rollercoaster begin and as always everyone else is against us but hey ho that's nothing new.

Enjoy it Bluebirds.
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Ah well it's nearly here!! Everyone who thinks they are in the know puts us down to be relegated.

Personally I think we will survive and that's because our PL is against Bournemouth, Watford, Huddersfield, Palace, Southampton, Brighton who may struggle?

There is always a side that for some apparent reason has a terrible season so with that in mind I'd add Newcastle, Wolves and Fulham in that mix.

Spending stupid money does help however it takes a foreign player a year to adjust and when you fill a team up with a lot of them then it's asking for trouble.

Let the rollercoaster begin and as always everyone else is against us but hey ho that's nothing new.

Enjoy it Bluebirds.

Karl,

A bit surprised at you.

Are us fans not allowed to discuss and have opinions about the coming season?

Or are we not allowed an opinion and say as fans how we feel we will do?

If that’s how you feel, then no point you coming on a Fans forum, that’s how football fans have been for 100 years, we are not in a dictatorship.

It had been a great discussion and difference of opinions so far :thumbright: but there’s always one to spoil it :roll:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Taking a bit of stick Harry but you won't be the last to set point targets this season :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:Ah well it's nearly here!! Everyone who thinks they are in the know puts us down to be relegated.

Enjoy it Bluebirds.

Karl,

A bit surprised at you.

Are us fans not allowed to discuss and have opinions about the coming season?

Or are we not allowed an opinion and say as fans how we feel we will do?

If that’s how you feel, then no point you coming on a Fans forum, that’s how football fans have been for 100 years, we are not in a dictatorship.

It had been a great discussion and difference of opinions so far :thumbright: but there’s always one to spoil it :roll:

TBH Annis I can't see what Pulis has said to upset you?
Tony Blue Williams

Next

Return to General Chat