Cardiff City team today

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City team today

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 am

Cardiff City team flew to Bournemouth today.

Personally what a waste of money as the coach still goes down there to meet them the other end and its not a long trip at all.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Cardiff City team today

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City team today

Postby wez1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City team flew to Bournemouth today.

Personally what a waste of money as the coach still goes down there to meet them the other end and its not a long trip at all.

They all fly ,it keeps them fresher
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby fred keenor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:38 am

30 minute flight?
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.
fred keenor

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 am

fred keenor wrote:30 minute flight?
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

By the time you drive down to Rhoose, check in and wait for take off its nearly two hours then.

We need to save money this time around in the Premier League :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby lockey1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am

Some teams fly on the day of the game now. I'd prefer them to fly. Keeps them fresh. Especially with the potential of being stuck in holiday traffic
lockey1927

Postby ReeseBluebird1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

By the time you drive down to Rhoose, check in and wait for take off its nearly two hours then.

We need to save money this time around in the Premier League :thumbright: :thumbright:

Not that far from the vale mun
ReeseBluebird1927

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

But it’s not about the time it takes to travel.

Being cramped up on a coach for three hours is a lot worse for your body compared to being sat on a plane for half hour.

We shouldn’t trying to be saving money on things that could be the difference between points being won and lost. We have one aim and that’s to be in the same league this time next year.
Llan_Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Not sure of the fuss.
Peanuts in the modern game.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Danny Says » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:18 pm

The old City players caught the bus with their boots tied round their neck with string. :old:

A plane :roll:
Danny Says

Postby T1JMO » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Don't think it's a waste of money at all, couple of grand for flights for a fresher team is money well spent when compared to the millions being played for.
T1JMO

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

3 hours to Bournemouth in peak holiday traffic :o You'll be lucky :lol:

Took me over 5+ hours a few years ago with no stops on a Friday in August a couple of years ago.

Absolutely justified in flying this time of year. In any event, if flying gives us just that extra 1-2% in games this year then it's surely a good investment to give us a fighting chance of staying up ? Very few of the other clubs would be bussing it for this type of trip in the Prem.

Just a question, surely they don't have to get to Cardiff Airport 2 hours ahead of flight time for this type of flight. It's only half an hour or so before the flight from Cardiff to North Wales and that's not even a private charter !!
piledriver64

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:55 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

Took me over 5+ hours a few years ago with no stops on a Friday in August a couple of years ago.

Absolutely justified in flying this time of year. In any event, if flying gives us just that extra 1-2% in games this year then it's surely a good investment to give us a fighting chance of staying up ? Very few of the other clubs would be bussing it for this type of trip in the Prem.

Just a question, surely they don't have to get to Cardiff Airport 2 hours ahead of flight time for this type of flight. It's only half an hour or so before the flight from Cardiff to North Wales and that's not even a private charter !!

I don’t think you need to be there two an a half hours before for a private charter flight
Llan_Blue

Postby ReeseBluebird1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

I don’t think you need to be there two an a half hours before for a private charter flight

UK to UK flight it’s not as bad as other flights
ReeseBluebird1927

Postby Tynantbluebirds » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:51 pm

It will take you 1hrs to get thru newport if your lucky lol :old:
Tynantbluebirds

Postby Aramore » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Fly to every game in the prem. It probably won't end costing much more than 100k come the end of the season. More than covered by premier league income.
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby davids » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

Being cramped up on a coach for three hours is a lot worse for your body compared to being sat on a plane for half hour.

We shouldn’t trying to be saving money on things that could be the difference between points being won and lost. We have one aim and that’s to be in the same league this time next year.

It's not as if they're getting straight off the bus and onto the pitch though is it?

They're travelling up more than 24 hours before the game kicks off. And have you seen the team bus? Believe me it is the height of luxury and they're certainly not "cramped up" on it.

Bunch of over pampered fannies. No wonder players struggle to live in the real world when they finish their playing days. I wonder if they can manage to wipe their own arse or does the club appoint someone to do that for them?
davids

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:35 pm

davids wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
3 hour bus journey
Flight every time.

It's not as if they're getting straight off the bus and onto the pitch though is it?

They're travelling up more than 24 hours before the game kicks off. And have you seen the team bus? Believe me it is the height of luxury and they're certainly not "cramped up" on it.

Bunch of over pampered fannies. No wonder players struggle to live in the real world when they finish their playing days. I wonder if they can manage to wipe their own arse or does the club appoint someone to do that for them?

Clearly mate if you think this way about our players your on the wrong forum.

Why even follow football?

Being on a bus for over three hours will be more tiring then being on a plane for half hour. The fresher the players the better or would you rather the club rented a mini bus from mikes mini buses got Warnock to drive an stopped on the side of the motorway for a piss if need be?
Llan_Blue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Absolutely right and I'd charge them for coffee and sandwiches :idea:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Stop moaning we are in the PL :ayatollah:

Catch a coach when you come back over :lol:
Pulisnewport

Postby arri potta » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 pm

yeah but you can't take alcohol on a football bus :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing6: :laughing6:
arri potta

Return to General Chat