DECLAN JOHN JOINS THE JACKS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: DECLAN JOHN JOINS THE JACKS

Postby Carlossus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:22 am

RV Casual wrote:Declan is one that has certainly split the fan base in their opinions of him.

Want him to do well but that means our friends down the road doing well :banghead:

:lol: :laughing6:
Carlossus

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 am

He got plenty of chances from our club and a lot of support from us fans.

Makes me think would that the case if he wasn’t Welsh? If he wasn’t Welsh, I think he would have been slated by the majority on here.

Don’t rate him as a player, and don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for the Championship.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 am

Good luck to him, he never had a song - maybe the jacks will make him a song
Cardiffcitymad

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:Good luck to him, he never had a song - maybe the jacks will make him a song

Where did it go wrong,
Where did it go wrrrrrrrrong,
Declan John,
Where did it go wrong... :lol:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:17 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:He got plenty of chances from our club and a lot of support from us fans.

Makes me think would that the case if he wasn’t Welsh? If he wasn’t Welsh, I think he would have been slated by the majority on here.

Don’t rate him as a player, and don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough for the Championship.

Agree... I've got a mate who's a Rangers ST holder and he's said he was ok... That shouldn't fill the jacks with confidence.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He got plenty of chances from our club and a lot of support from us fans.

That''s not how I see it, but I respect your opinion although I think its harsh.

There's a systematic problem at Cardiff City when it comes to youngsters, the fact that nobody has come through since god knows when tells it's own story.

I think the lad has been unlucky, I don't see how you can say he's had plenty of chances, what has he done wrong when he played for us? Malky obviously liked him and I thought he had the potential to go on and develop into a decent player, he was the best player on the Park at Stoke away bombing up and down the left flank in the Premier League Season, Slade came in didn't play him loaned him out to Barnsley and Chesterfield where he did fine.

Trollope comes in puts him in the team, first game of the season Man of the Match. Trolloppe sacked Warnock comes in and is happy to let him go so he moves to Rangers on Loan and does well until they sign him, he's unlucky again that Rangers have changed managers and Gerrard has brought in woman beating fellow scouser Flanagan.

Declan can take comfort in the fact that he's only just turned 23 and when Ken Zohore was his age he was branded a donkey not worth £50 who most fans would pay to have leave, now a few years on under maybe benefiting from some good guidance some will tell you he is superman and worth £25 Million.

Seriously though, Declan may or may not come good but you have to admit there must be something wrong, are we really saying that in the entire South East Wales Region we can't nurture and develop a single player to be good enough to play for us at the top level ?

I honestly believe Declan or others have the talent, its just we mis-manage them.
RV Casual

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 pm

I agree if he wasn’t a young welsh local lad nobody would rate him at all.
Can somebody please let me know what he’s done that’s been so good I must of missed it.
Llan_Blue

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Can somebody please let me know what he’s done that’s been so good I must of missed it.

Made his debut against West Ham when he was 18 years Old and held his own.

Made 20 appearances for us in the Premier League and never really did anything wrong and was at times (like Stoke away) the best player on the pitch.

Came back into the fold after two loan spells away and had Man of the Match in first game of the season against Birmingham.

That's a few things he's done good, can you tell me something he's done bad, other than not being properly developed and happening to be a youngster who's come through into a Cardiff City environment that has failed to bring through a single youngster (Ramsey aside) since Earshshaw and Collins, almost 20 Years ago.

One player in 20 years to come out of Cardiff and go on to play at the top level, Really?

Rather than constantly say our players ain't good enough I think we need to stop and think, actually maybe we just ain't very good at developing them.

Unless of course you think there's not a single player in South East Wales apart from Ramsey (and Bale) who had the talent to play at the top.

Yorkshire had half the England squad sewn up, surely we can do better.
RV Casual

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Think he’s taken a lot of unnecessary stick off some of our fans. Thrown in at the deep end in the prem,
and did ok, then played under poor managers after that. Under Trollope I don’t think any player deserved to wear the city shirt but he took quite a lot of shit for the performances.

Whether he isn’t good enough/ didn’t reach his potential just highlights how poor our youth system and management of young players has been, as he is the only player to make the step up in a long time. Hopefully that will change in the next few seasons!

Regular football has definitely helped his welsh career. Wish him all the best / hope he doesn’t play to well for the jacks!
Escott1927

Postby dogfound » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 am

i was never sure either way tbh..both runs he had in our first team were our two worse runs in the last 10 years or so.. difficult to judge a young boy in those circumstances..
personally i have a bit of sympathy with him, added to being in poor teams he was a regular with one manager, not remotely involved with the next {repeat } ..managers seem as split as us fans.?
anyway he has a chance to prove you wrong about not being up to it in the championship..we will find out either way shortly
dogfound

Postby Aramore » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:51 am

RV Casual wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Made 20 appearances for us in the Premier League and never really did anything wrong and was at times (like Stoke away) the best player on the pitch.

Came back into the fold after two loan spells away and had Man of the Match in first game of the season against Birmingham.

That's a few things he's done good, can you tell me something he's done bad, other than not being properly developed and happening to be a youngster who's come through into a Cardiff City environment that has failed to bring through a single youngster (Ramsey aside) since Earshshaw and Collins, almost 20 Years ago.

One player in 20 years to come out of Cardiff and go on to play at the top level, Really?

Rather than constantly say our players ain't good enough I think we need to stop and think, actually maybe we just ain't very good at developing them.

Unless of course you think there's not a single player in South East Wales apart from Ramsey (and Bale) who had the talent to play at the top.

Declan John was statistically the worst player in the league in 2013/14.
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:14 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:Good luck to him, he never had a song - maybe the jacks will make him a song

Where did it go wrong,
Where did it go wrrrrrrrrong,
Declan John,
Where did it go wrong... :lol:

:laughing6:
Cardiffcitymad

Postby dogfound » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:35 am

Aramore wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Declan John was statistically the worst player in the league in 2013/14.

that has to be the most rediculous thing i have ever seen a stat for tbh....
shocked anyone could read that and not think...well..just dont think just repeat it :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat