Lee Tomlin

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee Tomlin

Postby vietaff » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:24 pm

No ones shown any interest in him which means he goes on loan again OR he’s in the 25.

With no strikers being brought in I really hope he is named, I really feel given a run of games he would do well for us. What position I’m not sure, just behind Ken or up front with Ken....but I’m hoping he gets an opportunity to stay and show us all what we know he can do on his day
vietaff

Lee Tomlin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Lee Tomlin

Postby AJ1927 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:30 pm

What shape is he in?
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Postby vietaff » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Sure someone said he was looking trimmer - even as an impact player he will have a part to play, I just feel he needs to stay given we only have Madine, Ward and Ken upfront as options
vietaff

Postby City fan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:23 pm

What shape is he in??? That disappoints me that we have to wonder what shape he’s in, he’s a professional footballer, he should be in peak condition. If he isn’t then he shouldn’t even be considered.
City fan

Postby dogfound » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:29 pm

City fan wrote:What shape is he in??? That disappoints me that we have to wonder what shape he’s in, he’s a professional footballer, he should be in peak condition. If he isn’t then he shouldn’t even be considered.

and shouldnt be paid...robbed our club tbh..
but a far better question than...what shape is he in...is ..what shape will he be in next month or Xmas or Easter..blokes a disgrace
dogfound

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:35 pm

It’s basicslly out of him Pilkington or Harris to get the last space
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:13 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:It’s basicslly out of him Pilkington or Harris to get the last space

It will be Harris.
Llan_Blue

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:It’s basicslly out of him Pilkington or Harris to get the last space

It will be Harris.

Yeah an easy decision for Warnock especially as Pilkington and tomlin got left to play with under 23s
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 pm

I expect Harris but Warnock has said he may have to have rethink which to me suggests pilks for the simple reason he missed out on a striker.
2blue2handle

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I expect Harris but Warnock has said he may have to have rethink which to me suggests pilks for the simple reason he missed out on a striker.

Maybe even Healey if he’s talking about strikers
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:40 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I expect Harris but Warnock has said he may have to have rethink which to me suggests pilks for the simple reason he missed out on a striker.

Maybe even Healey if he’s talking about strikers

Potetnailly but my gut is pilks. Knowing a champ club probably won't pay all his wages anyway.
2blue2handle

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:45 pm

What shape is he in?

This does my nut, as everybody is different.

There was a post on here after the Betis game saying Patterson looks unfit/overweight one of the two.

Seen a picture of him welcoming Camarasa and he don't look like he's got an ounce of fat on him.

Tomlin playing for Forest, he dont look in to bad shape to me and has natural talent, would be in my 25.

RV Casual

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:02 pm

RV Casual wrote:What shape is he in?

There was a post on here after the Betis game saying Patterson looks unfit/overweight one of the two.

Seen a picture of him welcoming Camarasa and he don't look like he's got an ounce of fat on him.

Tomlin playing for Forest, he dont look in to bad shape to me and has natural talent, would be in my 25.

I don’t think it’s so much to do with what shape he’s in he doesn’t fit in with warnicks plans at all and he’s currently with his family and I’m pretty sure I seen Pilkington up there with the boys in bournemouth
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Who would you leave out for a lazy luxury player who won’t be able to complete 90 minutes playing the way we play?
Llan_Blue

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

I don’t think it’s so much to do with what shape he’s in he doesn’t fit in with warnicks plans at all and he’s currently with his family and I’m pretty sure I seen Pilkington up there with the boys in bournemouth

And that is absolutely fine mate, but why Warnock felt the need to sign him in the first place then god only knows.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Who would you leave out for a lazy luxury player who won’t be able to complete 90 minutes playing the way we play?

Kadeem Harris

Smithies
Etheridge
Murphy

Cunningham
Peltier
Bennett
Morrison
Manga
Richards
Patterson
Bamba

Patterson

Ralls
Gunnarson
Arter
Murphy
Tomlin
Reid
Camarasa
Hoilett
Danour

Mendez Laing
Zohore
Madine
Ward
RV Casual

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 pm

RV Casual wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

And that is absolutely fine mate, but why Warnock felt the need to sign him in the first place then god only knows.

Very strange mate... probably come out one day why he really didn’t play him at all maybe to do with fitness but I reckon surely it’s more to it
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Very strange mate... probably come out one day why he really didn’t play him at all maybe to do with fitness but I reckon surely it’s more to it

My bet would be a falling out mate, Warnock comes accross to me as the type of bloke that if you dont toe the party line your out, works for some, not everyone. I'm not saying which I think is right or wrong ;)
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

he doesnt look in too good shape either..i agree different people are different builds but in your Tomlins build, all the more reason to be lean...if you google his pictures its pretty clear his weight has gone up and down hence my earlier question.
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:48 pm

dogfound wrote:

he doesnt look in too good shape either..i agree different people are different builds but in your Tomlins build, all the more reason to be lean...if you google his pictures its pretty clear his weight has gone up and down hence my earlier question.

He is lean, seriously? look at him, his arms are the size they are. His neck is the size of his neck, its not like he's got a double chin.

I can't agree with you sorry fella, he looks in good shape to me, he's only 5ft 11, he's the same height as me.

I used to run 7 miles a day, every day and I was probably never in as good a shape as Lee looks there.

I think your being very harsh, he's got a decent set of shoulders on him, he's quite broad, what do you want him to look like, he's a football player not a marathon runner.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

He is lean, seriously? look at him, his arms are the size they are. His neck is the size of his neck, its not like he's got a double chin.

I can't agree with you sorry fella, he looks in good shape to me, he's only 5ft 11, he's the same height as me.

I used to run 7 miles a day, every day and I was probably never in as good a shape as Lee looks there.

I think your being very harsh, he's got a decent set of shoulders on him, he's quite broad, what do you want him to look like, he's a football player not a marathon runner.

just flick through photos of him he looks a lot slighter in about half of them and was clearly carrying weight on day one of pre season.........and i dont want him to run 26miles either .just be first to the ball from 26inches now and again would be a start though..
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm

AJ1927 wrote:What shape is he in?

Circle
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:49 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

just flick through photos of him he looks a lot slighter in about half of them and was clearly carrying weight on day one of pre season.........and i dont want him to run 26miles either .just be first to the ball from 26inches now and again would be a start though..

Iv not seen the photo but I think your a fair poster so ill take your word for it, however, I will say Wez posted on here that he reckoned Patterson looked overweight against Betis, the club put a photo out of Patterson shaking hands with Camarasa on his first day and he looks in top shape, any skinnier and he would have looked ill.
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:00 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Iv not seen the photo but I think your a fair poster so ill take your word for it, however, I will say Wez posted on here that he reckoned Patterson looked overweight against Betis, the club put a photo out of Patterson shaking hands with Camarasa on his first day and he looks in top shape, any skinnier and he would have looked ill.

havent seen a patterson post so can not comment.
as for Tomlin , i stuck up for him initially but when Warnock came out and said we have tried everything i gave up.
dogfound

Return to General Chat