' FOUR CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS READY TO LEAVE '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Neil Warnock will name a 25-man squad for the 2018-19 campaign on Friday morning, having spent a busy final day of the transfer window landing midfielders Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa.

There could be a number of players the Bluebirds will seek to get off the wage structure as they look to balance the books.

Warnock is ready to send four players out on loan - Lee Tomlin, Anthony Pilkington, Stuart O'Keefe and Rhys Healey.

Although Cardiff can't bring in any new faces any more, they are able to send players out on loan to Championship, League One or League Two clubs until the Football League loan window closes on August 31.
Attachments
JS139119379.jpg
JS139119379.jpg (40.7 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
JS142595261.jpg
JS142595261.jpg (43.84 KiB) Viewed 6602 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' FOUR CARDIFF CITY PLAYERS READY TO LEAVE '

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:11 pm

How in gods name does Connolly stay?? I don’t understand what he offers? Surely Pilkington who has scored goals offers more than Connolly. He has done nothing for 2 seasons.
Mr Potato

Postby DEANO » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Four players ready to leave then it’s four players COULD leave
DEANO

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm

How in gods name does Connolly stay?? I don’t understand what he offers? Surely Pilkington who has scored goals offers more than Connolly. He has done nothing for 2 seasons.

I don’t hate Connolly that much, just not sure how or why I posted this twice. :?
Last edited by Mr Potato on Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Potato

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Wouldn't surprise me to see pilks make the 25 now.
2blue2handle

Postby castleblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Wouldn't surprise me to see pilks make the 25 now.

I'm with you on this as I can see us keeping Pilks and sending Harris out on loan.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Jonny88 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Would you play Pilkington in defence? No, that's why Connolly stays he's 4th choice centre back
Jonny88

Postby Llantwit Blues » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:34 pm

If we only submit a list of 24 players are we able to then sign a striker out of contract taking us to the 25?
Llantwit Blues

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Mr Potato wrote:How in gods name does Connolly stay?? I don’t understand what he offers? Surely Pilkington who has scored goals offers more than Connolly. He has done nothing for 2 seasons.

What it is mate ones a defender and ones a midfielder.

Connolly offers cover over the whole of the defence.

Pilkington offers nothing to the squad there’s much better players that play in his position.

To be honest I’m surprised you’ve even compared them.
Llan_Blue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Llantwit Blues wrote:If we only submit a list of 24 players are we able to then sign a striker out of contract taking us to the 25?

Good question although I would guess that once the squad is submitted on Friday it can't be changed until January. We could sign an out of contract player but could only play him in Cup games.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:How in gods name does Connolly stay?? I don’t understand what he offers? Surely Pilkington who has scored goals offers more than Connolly. He has done nothing for 2 seasons.

Pilkington offers nothing to the squad there’s much better players that play in his position.

Right back is going to be a weak spot and I can see Connolly getting a call to play there at some stage.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 pm

I’d have thought the answer is obvious.
Connolly is a great pro, a great squad player who doesn’t moan, gets on with it and is excellent cover along the back 4.
A rare player these days. He’s a decent player as well.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby llangainbluebird » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:16 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I’d have thought the answer is obvious.
Connolly is a great pro, a great squad player who doesn’t moan, gets on with it and is excellent cover along the back 4.
A rare player these days. He’s a decent player as well.

Spot on.
llangainbluebird

Postby Carlossus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

I like the two of them,Pilkinton is a good impact player, while I prefer Connolly as cover at right back from Manga. No disrespect to Manga as I think he is going to play a huge part in our overall game plan.
Carlossus

Postby Mr Potato » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 am

I know where Connolly plays - what’s he done in the last 2 years to warrant a new contract? He is dire, he is costly in terms of mistakes and has rarely featured for us. It’s another way of keeping it cheap, let’s just hope he isn’t needed.

At least Pilkington can do what is asked of him, has helped us get where we are by adding goals, Connolly is a liability.
Mr Potato

Postby Danny Says » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am

It's pretty obvious actually. City did not buy any central defenders or a right back so they need cover. the manager reckons he can do a filling in job. Whether he is good enough is a moot point.

Comparing Connolly to Pilkington is not the point; you don't compare apples to pears.
Danny Says

Postby rontom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Llantwit Blues wrote:If we only submit a list of 24 players are we able to then sign a striker out of contract taking us to the 25?

Good question although I would guess that once the squad is submitted on Friday it can't be changed until January. We could sign an out of contract player but could only play him in Cup games.

But lets say a player was sold to a European team, [I know it is very unlikely with us but a player like Saha of Palace could attract some attention] would they be able to change then
rontom

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Annis is this from an article or your own information? I have heard from a reporter at a conference and I don't know how it hasn't been released by WalesOnline that Tomlin is very much part of Warnocks plans and he wants to play a part this season.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:02 am

We will have injuries and we are vulnerable in squad depth. Need to keep player who can cover multiple positions. Like Connolly and Pilks.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby fred keenor » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:37 am

Think pilks will stay
fred keenor

Postby Wayne S » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:39 am

fred keenor wrote:Think pilks will stay

I'm wondering if the fact we did not bring in another striker is the reason for Warnocks' change of heart on one decision.

Pilkington survives at the expense of Harris.
Wayne S

Postby City Slicker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:42 am

Carlossus wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

I like the two of them,Pilkinton is a good impact player, while I prefer Connolly as cover at right back from Manga. No disrespect to Manga as I think he is going to play a huge part in our overall game plan.

Both Manga and Connolly are AWFUL at full back. Both are Central defenders with Manga being much better. I personally would keep Pilkington, he's useful to have around.
City Slicker

Return to General Chat