What are your views on this man sat in the canton originally

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:30 pm

thomasblue wrote:I dont see a problem with it.
I think its good that fans mix, actually have a good laugh with away fans before games in the pubs why not in the ground ?

People should be able to buy and sit where they want. Segregation seems to be a football thing most other sports are mixed stands and it works

you don't see a problem but most do...including clubs, the police, the football authorities { nationally and internationally } and successive governments...the bloke got to be pretty brain dead or a real tw*t to be ignoring all of that and its only been like this for 50 odd years..
must add.....there is absolutely no way he walked into the Canton with that shirt visible and should never have been re seated in another home end...its certainly not the treatment id expect .
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:54 pm

I think its good that fans mix, actually have a good laugh with away fans before games in the pubs why not in the ground ?

People should be able to buy and sit where they want. Segregation seems to be a football thing most other sports are mixed stands and it works

This is either a wind-up, or a naive post from somebody who does not go to games. Or, worse still, an egg-chaser.
llangainbluebird

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 pm

brickyblue wrote:This is football not rugby its a traditional game with fans separated.
Football is banter and when fans sit together emotions and the banter only ever tend to end in a bust up .only takes one in 33k for it to kick off .
So he should of been booted out for fear he would be booted.
How stupid can you be.
I also see it as disrespectful to home fans.

Spot on!
llangainbluebird

Postby thomasblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:36 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:

This is either a wind-up, or a naive post from somebody who does not go to games. Or, worse still, an egg-chaser.

30 years a season ticket holder
Travel 4 hours to every game + 8/9 aways per year. But hey ho anybody with a different opinion to you must not go to games.

Some people are not into chanting and abusing oposition fans. Some people just like to go and enjoy a game of football. They have as much right to sit in that stand as anybody else and wear whatever they like.
thomasblue

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:51 pm

thomasblue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

Travel 4 hours to every game + 8/9 aways per year. But hey ho anybody with a different opinion to you must not go to games.

Some people are not into chanting and abusing oposition fans. Some people just like to go and enjoy a game of football. They have as much right to sit in that stand as anybody else and wear whatever they like.

No they don't.
llangainbluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:58 pm

thomasblue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

they don't have the right actually but eh oh....why don't you try it yourself in your 8/9 away games this season and keep us updated on how much football you get to see... :lol: :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Postby thomasblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:40 am

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

they don't have the right actually but eh oh....why don't you try it yourself in your 8/9 away games this season and keep us updated on how much football you get to see... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Show me anywhere advertised by Cardiff city stadium that only Cardiff fans are allowed in the ninian stand !
I agree that groups of boistrous away fans should be in the away end but single fans like the guy in the picture who is sat next to a girl enjoying a game of football should not be a issue.
The problem is the people who say things like he should have had a slap or taken a kicking.
People live in the old days the world and football has moved on from the 80s.
thomasblue

Postby RV Casual » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:48 am

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

Show me anywhere advertised by Cardiff city stadium that only Cardiff fans are allowed in the ninian stand !
I agree that groups of boistrous away fans should be in the away end but single fans like the guy in the picture who is sat next to a girl enjoying a game of football should not be a issue.
The problem is the people who say things like he should have had a slap or taken a kicking.

It's more than likely on the T&Cs of the ticket I would imagine, usually is anyway.

What your suggesting is not unreasonable but Football isn't a unique game, the vociferousness of fans in Football outweighs any other sport and that's why fans in the main are separated as things can spill over quite quickly with even though most mild mannered of people.
RV Casual

Postby Birminghamnewby27 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:40 am

I agree with Thomas blue ..We have moved on from the dark days of football hooliganism thank god . .Love the passion football fans engender but there are boundaries .Hes not deserving of being physically assaulted or aggressively abused .hust because he's wearing an arsenal shirt in the home end .. Prob deserves a bit of light hearted banter ...Home and away Fans mixing together in pubs before and after the game and sharing jokes , stories and even a beer together is much more of an enjoyable experience than having some brain dead numpties taking a more primitive approach to away fans ..
Birminghamnewby27

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:19 am

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

the club have the right to deny entry to anyone it chooses …which has meant away fans for 50 years..

also its a bit naive to think you can pick and choose what away fans are and are not allowed in home ends..
20 people going into a ground as individuals could be a group of 20 boisterous away fans once inside...{I cant believe im explaining this to someone that has made the claims you have }
tbh your posts sound nothing like anyone who even has a distant relative that once considered going to football let alone be a ST holder for THIRTY YEARS....30 years and you dont get how wrong it can go.?

like i said buy a CCFC home top and try going about the country sitting in other teams home ends..
i doubt you will or have because its pretty stupid.
\
dogfound

Postby montyblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:16 am

Can't believe some people saying everybody has the right to sit where they choose should we have had swansea and cardiff fans all mixed together having a bit of friendly banter d..k heads.
montyblue

Postby fred keenor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:34 am

If the guy was a youngster, he may have not known any better :banghead:
If he was older he was very lucky indeed!
The last liverpool home game, there was a guy in the Ninian who disclosed he was a liverpool supporter when they scored :lol:
He was quickly led out by the stewards, avoiding the blows and that was in the centre Ninian block!
fred keenor

Postby stickywicket » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am

ban the shirts full stop.it could lead to trouble
stickywicket

Postby maccydee » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:05 am

Guy is a tool. But no one deserves a slap or violence for going to a game no matter what they wear. That doesn’t make someone silly to think that. If you think they deserve a slap you are the daft one.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:08 am

maccydee wrote:Guy is a tool. But no one deserves a slap or violence for going to a game no matter what they wear. That doesn’t make someone silly to think that. If you think they deserve a slap you are the daft one.

if your genuinely naïve enough to think you can rock up behind the Canton wearing an Arsenal top in full view you quite simply are not getting in..
if you've concealed the top under a coat and then expose it within the stadium the naïve bit goes out the window and you are a trouble maker..
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:10 am

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:Guy is a tool. But no one deserves a slap or violence for going to a game no matter what they wear. That doesn’t make someone silly to think that. If you think they deserve a slap you are the daft one.

if your genuinely naïve enough to think you can rock up behind the Canton wearing an Arsenal top in full view you quite simply are not getting in..
if you've concealed the top under a coat and then expose it within the stadium the naïve bit goes out the window and you are a trouble maker..

I said the guy is a tool. Definitely shouldn’t have been let in.

However in no way does he deserve violence.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:16 am

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

if i turned up at Stamford bridge decked out in our top/scalf etc...id accept being thrown out and tbh should i catch a few clouts for being a weapons grade tw*t id think i deseved it..its happened to me { minus wearing the shirt }
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 am

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

if i turned up at Stamford bridge decked out in our top/scalf etc...id accept being thrown out and tbh should i catch a few clouts for being a weapons grade tw*t id think i deseved it..its happened to me { minus wearing the shirt }

I don’t dispute that but I don’t think it makes it right.

Personally I wouldn’t go into an away end. Been offered tickets many times. Would struggle to keep quiet.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:32 am

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I don’t dispute that but I don’t think it makes it right.

Personally I wouldn’t go into an away end. Been offered tickets many times. Would struggle to keep quiet.

maybe not right but common sense. .might sound all civilised and ok but a few pints and a City goal and all thoughts about sitting on your hands go out the window...even Lord Kinnock got ejected at Fulham ..
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:25 pm

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

But we don't live in an ideal world where everyone hugs and kisses each other, do we?

I volunteer you to prove this next week. Wear a city top in the home end at Chelsea and see what happens.

Regardless of what you or I think (Totally different opinions btw), there is a thing in football called crowd control that PREVENTS potential violence at games. If you walk into a home end in an away top you're ASKING for trouble.

I spoke to a Cardiff based Arsenal fan the day before the game, he said he's going in the home end but wearing plane clothes and keeping his mouth shut. Why? because he wasn't a f*cking idiot. The guy in the OP was.
nubbsy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 pm

nubbsy wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:

But we don't live in an ideal world where everyone hugs and kisses each other, do we?

I volunteer you to prove this next week. Wear a city top in the home end at Chelsea and see what happens.

Regardless of what you or I think (Totally different opinions btw), there is a thing in football called crowd control that PREVENTS potential violence at games. If you walk into a home end in an away top you're ASKING for trouble.

I spoke to a Cardiff based Arsenal fan the day before the game, he said he's going in the home end but wearing plane clothes and keeping his mouth shut. Why? because he wasn't a f*cking idiot. The guy in the OP was.

My favourite poster today :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby stickywicket » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:56 pm

The last time we were in the premier one of the staff told me a family bought season tickets for the grandstand.
They came for one game only Man U .They turned up in full Man U gear and were turned away,
They had to go to asda to buy clothes,
The problem as I see it is you can bet your bottom dollar they were south wales based Arse anal fans
who bought on south wales post codes.
If it did kick off the City staff are to blame.
football is tribal stick with your own.Thats my view.
stickywicket

Postby Andysince76 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:33 pm

He was a few seats across and a row down from me in upper Ninian, I said to my old man fair enough, watch a game if you want, but wearing the shirt is either naive or a pisstake, he was youngish probably in his twenties with his girlfriend who was wearing an Arsenal scarf.
He went downstairs at half time but didn't come back. I hope he wasn't abused too badly but that someone pointed out his error and he left.
Whatever's comfortable.
Andysince76

Postby thomasblue » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:20 am

A lot of clubs now have neutral areas in the grounds.

Im not saying scrap home and away ends there is a good reason for it. Im saying its pretty pathetic when a guy and his girlfriend (probably) cant go to a game of football and support there team without a bunch of blokes wanting to give them a slap.

This club has moved on massively from the past its just a shame some of our fans have not.

Just look at canton before the games now. You see away shirts every week in the pubs, that would never have happened a few years ago.

We dont have bubble trips anymore, very rarely have ticket restrictions.

How is this any different to what forever blue on here does on spain with his city flags in a different ground ?
thomasblue

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:37 am

thomasblue wrote:A lot of clubs now have neutral areas in the grounds.

Im not saying scrap home and away ends there is a good reason for it. Im saying its pretty pathetic when a guy and his girlfriend (probably) cant go to a game of football and support there team without a bunch of blokes wanting to give them a slap.

This club has moved on massively from the past its just a shame some of our fans have not.

Just look at canton before the games now. You see away shirts every week in the pubs, that would never have happened a few years ago.

How is this any different to what forever blue on here does on spain with his city flags in a different ground ?

A good post summing up how the club has moved forward. :thumbup:

I always say if you want to fight, go and tear it up with the Taliban and put your anger to good use or have the balls to get in the ring or on the matts.

I’ve witnessed the horrific damage human beings can do to each other and it’s not big or clever. Personally, I’d rather have a pint and exchange football stories with opposing fans and think of myself as an ambassador of my country.

As for this Arsenal fan, he shouldn’t have been there, but no need for physical violence.
103 Barmy Army

Postby maccydee » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:17 am

Exactly.
maccydee

Postby bluuebird69 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:52 pm

i think its incredibly cheecky an he has no right to be in the home end and to the fans saying we 'have better standards let him be' get a grip city fans wouldnt be allowed to go in the away end i just think its disrespectful and they should be moved to an away end. surprised and disappointed city fans never dealt with him
bluuebird69

Postby JB1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:28 pm

He should be in the away end with the Arsenal fans.. simples.

I've watched city from a few home enclosures with mates who support other clubs. I didn't wear a Cardiff top and sat on my hands, because I knew I didn't belong in those stands. People would have known I was a city fan, but were okay with it because I wasn't being disrespectful.
JB1

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:45 am

you dont see any difference with an Arsenal fan in the home end of the club Arsenal are playing...and Annis turning up in a match between 2 spanish clubs with a flag for a team that doesnt play in that country let alone be on the pitch playing that day...? :o

yes the club has moved on as have all clubs ,but to the extent that we become the first club to intoduce mixed fans im not so sure..or am i sure bubbles being in the past.. ticket restrictions are with us every game though , they vary but we generally get smaller allocations than everyone else..
dogfound

Postby Bluesman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 am

ccfc set a policy for all of your stewards. No-one in away colours to be let into any area except for the away area. These people cannot be transfered to the away area as it could cause over crowding. They must be turned away.
Bluesman

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat