Cardiff City Stadium for fans is one of the most expensive

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Cheap pints: The Guide

The good people at OddsMonkey have been trying to find which Premier League grounds offer value for money in terms of matchday pints — with Burnley and Huddersfield offering the cheapest pint of beer for Premier League football fans, with Chelsea the most expensive.

Cardiff City Stadium for fans is one of the most expensive for a pint of larger.

with Burnley and Huddersfield offering the cheapest pint of beer for Premier League football fans, with Chelsea the most expensive.

There’s a warning for Bluebirds fans heading to London this weekend Chelsea football club and surrounding areas is very expensive for a pint of lager.

But Cardiff City Stadium actually has the most expensive mark-up, with a pint in the stadium costing £4.30 – £1.30 more than the average price in the Cardiff city centre.

Every season City have put their prices higher behind their bars.

Arsenal home was £5 a pint in the Ninian Stand :shock: :shock:
Attachments
GettyImages-512617186.jpg
GettyImages-512617186.jpg (24.94 KiB) Viewed 3294 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City Stadium for fans is one of the most expensi

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Correct me if wrong annis but doesn't compass who run the outlets determine the prices not the club as being stated, Or do the club run the bar areas and compass the food outlets?
pembroke allan

Postby ThomasC » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:41 pm

piss water ....absolutely feel like a societies scivy drinking that. Captain Blackbeard gave his crew rum and we get this shite.
ThomasC

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 pm

ThomasC wrote:piss water ....absolutely feel like a societies scivy drinking that. Captain Blackbeard gave his crew rum and we get this shite.

:clap: :laughing6:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Bluebird Always » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheap pints: The Guide

The good people at OddsMonkey have been trying to find which Premier League grounds offer value for money in terms of matchday pints — with Burnley and Huddersfield offering the cheapest pint of beer for Premier League football fans, with Chelsea the most expensive.

Cardiff City Stadium for fans is one of the most expensive for a pint of larger.

with Burnley and Huddersfield offering the cheapest pint of beer for Premier League football fans, with Chelsea the most expensive.

There’s a warning for Bluebirds fans heading to London this weekend Chelsea football club and surrounding areas is very expensive for a pint of lager.

But Cardiff City Stadium actually has the most expensive mark-up, with a pint in the stadium costing £4.30 – £1.30 more than the average price in the Cardiff city centre.

I noticed it was £5 a pint at the Arsenal game.
Scandalous! Don't buy it, that's the answer.
Bluebird Always

Postby davids » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:15 pm

When I went into the ground before the Newcastle game I could hardly believe my eyes.

In the Canton End next to the catering place was a gin bar :o

A f*cking GIN BAR FFS! :o :o :o :o :o

Don't remember there being a gin bar next to the tea hut behind the Grange End at NP but perhaps I missed it.

There are so many places to eat and drink near the stadium that I always wonder why people spend so much on beer, burgers and now gin at the ground.

I suppose if enough people stopped paying the extortionate prices for food and drink at the ground the prices would have to come down.
davids

Postby thomasblue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:17 pm

If people stopped buying it they would be forced to drop the price.
Problem is people just pay whatever they ask

Used to have a pint before games and half time but now stay in canton a little longer and dont bother half time.

The food is the worst ive seen at any ground aswell both in price and quality
thomasblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Correct me if wrong annis but doesn't compass who run the outlets determine the prices not the club as being stated, Or do the club run the bar areas and compass the food outlets?

Allan, the original contract had expired and City did a new deal with them, so City will have had a big say in things this time as The Riddler was desperate when he did the original deal.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby grange_end1927 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:32 pm

f*cking scandalous by our so called club, me and my son eat,drink before we get there,due to the scandalous prices
grange_end1927

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:21 pm

davids wrote:When I went into the ground before the Newcastle game I could hardly believe my eyes.

In the Canton End next to the catering place was a gin bar :o

A f*cking GIN BAR FFS! :o :o :o :o :o

Don't remember there being a gin bar next to the tea hut behind the Grange End at NP but perhaps I missed it.

There are so many places to eat and drink near the stadium that I always wonder why people spend so much on beer, burgers and now gin at the ground.

I suppose if enough people stopped paying the extortionate prices for food and drink at the ground the prices would have to come down.

It could be worse you could be like Bournemouth. They have a champagne lounge!Worse still, the sign dominates one side of the outside of the ground.
JJ1927

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheap pints: The Guide

Arsenal home was £5 a pint in the Ninian Stand :shock: :shock:

I noticed that at the Newcastle game as well. I may be wrong as I have never bought a pint of that overpriced rubbish but I have have a feeling they put the price up after kick off on the basis that you cant go anywhere else.
JJ1927

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Correct me if wrong annis but doesn't compass who run the outlets determine the prices not the club as being stated, Or do the club run the bar areas and compass the food outlets?

Allan, the original contract had expired and City did a new deal with them, so City will have had a big say in things this time as The Riddler was desperate when he did the original deal.

Thanks annis thought things were changing! Tbh you either pay the prices or you don't, market forces will determine if prices to high as fans been saying they buy things outside club which is their prerogative. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird Always » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

No. It's the same rip off price before and during the game
Bluebird Always

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks annis thought things were changing! Tbh you either pay the prices or you don't, market forces will determine if prices to high as fans been saying they buy things outside club which is their prerogative. :thumbup:

I agree Allan, it is down to our own fans to decide what they do.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree Allan, it is down to our own fans to decide what they do.

Note some fans criticising club but that's unfair as it's a business and in fact more revenue the better for club,
especially as compass contract was ripping club off up to now! :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:26 pm

We had one of the cheapest season tickets in the league now people are complaining about the price of beer in the ground. Tastes of piss anyway just drink before the game.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Don't really think it's the worst thing because common sense tells you it's watered down piss in a plastic cup.. more than enough pubs around the area to get a decent priced pint that ain't watered down piss.

If you gonna have a pint in the ground then don't complain because you know what you're getting.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Bluesman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:40 am

I don't mind paying a fair price for things but I hate getting ripped off. I do not buy anything inside the ground as it is all sold at ridiculously inflated prices. Wales is the poorest paid area in the UK so come on ccfc find a franchise supplier who charge fair prices. You never know you could end up selling more and also make more money.
Bluesman

Return to General Chat