CHELSEA PRESS CONFERENCE: SARRI AHEAD OF CARDIFF GAME

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:38 pm

On the Tammy Abraham situation, Sarri said striker Tammy Abraham "looked like he would be staying with Chelsea before opting to move on loan at the end of the transfer window."

Friday 14th September 2018

Sarri: "Now we are not a very solid team in a defensive phase. We need to improve and we can improve."

Sarri expects Cardiff to be "very difficult opponents" on Saturday. He described them as "very physical and aggressive" and said "all matches after an international breaks are difficult".

Aside from Cesc Fabregas being fit, other team news coming out of Maurizio Sarri's pre-match news conference revolved around Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who has a "little problem" while Davide Zappacosta and Emerson who are doubts.

The Chelsea boss could have Cesc Fabregas back on the bench for Saturday's match against Cardiff as Chelsea look to make it five wins from five in the Premier League.

Sarri ends his press conference by saying he is very open to John Terry returning to Stamford Bridge in a coaching role as he is "the history of the club". The Italian said he would welcome the Blues legend back to a club where he won "everything".
Attachments
Sarri.jpg
Sarri.jpg (54.63 KiB) Viewed 727 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CHELSEA PRESS CONFERENCE: SARRI AHEAD OF CARDIFF GAME

Postby davids » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:36 pm

I just don't get this "physical and aggressive" nonsense that every other manager seems to attach to us. I wonder how many of our games Sarri has watched?

I can't see how we are aggressive at all (except perhaps Harry Arter :lol: ) and Bournemouth and especially Newcastle kicked the shit out of us.

It's just lazy to label us in that way when it really isn't true. I assume it comes with the territory when you have Neil Warnock as your manager but I still can't understand why people think we play that way.

The wholesale slagging of us hasn't really started yet but once we start winning a few games we'll start getting absolute shit from all sides.

Oh well - f**k 'em all.
davids

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:39 pm

davids wrote:I just don't get this "physical and aggressive" nonsense that every other manager seems to attach to us. I wonder how many of our games Sarri has watched?

I can't see how we are aggressive at all (except perhaps Harry Arter :lol: ) and Bournemouth and especially Newcastle kicked the shit out of us.

It's just lazy to label us in that way when it really isn't true. I assume it comes with the territory when you have Neil Warnock as your manager but I still can't understand why people think we play that way.

The wholesale slagging of us hasn't really started yet but once we start winning a few games we'll start getting absolute shit from all sides.

Oh well - f**k 'em all.

Congratulation! I think you are the first to call Sarri lazy :laughing6:
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby dogfound » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
davids wrote:I just don't get this "physical and aggressive" nonsense that every other manager seems to attach to us. I wonder how many of our games Sarri has watched?

Oh well - f**k 'em all.

well ..there are no stats to back this up..so he is either lazy, a total beaut, or those words have a totally different meaning in his language.
dogfound

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am

dogfound wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:

Oh well - f**k 'em all.

well ..there are no stats to back this up..so he is either lazy, a total beaut, or those words have a totally different meaning in his language.

I think aggressive in this analogy means we look to press, and physical we are. What stats say or not. Butt Sarri is known for anything else than lazy. In fact he is so focused on details that he is closer to crazy :laughing6:
Scandinavianbluebird

Return to General Chat