Cardiff fans fighting yesterday; its not on

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Great away day yesterday but why do we still get Cardiff on Cardiff fighting in the ground I really don't understand it we are ccfc together as one, personal problems fine sort it out away from the ground not bring it to the game seen a few happen yesterday please we are all one ccfc family.

It makes my blood boil, three different fights our own fans :o :shock:
grange_end1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff fans fighting yesterday its not on

Postby wakey77 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Surely they should be identified and banned
wakey77

Postby englishbluebird » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm

One happened behind me, seems like a heated argument rather then a fight. Sadly there was kids nearby though
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby TERRYB » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:58 am

grange_end1927 wrote:Great away day yesterday but why do we still get Cardiff on Cardiff fighting in the ground I really don't understand it we are ccfc together as one, personal problems fine sort it out away from the ground not bring it to the game seen a few happen yesterday please we are all one ccfc family.

Sad to say but at our away games you are more likely to see fights with Cardiff v Cardiff and it's happening regularly.
TERRYB

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:09 am

Seemed to be a lot of drunk (or maybe high) supporters at the game and a bit of a pack mentality amongst the younger element; particularly near the bars but didn't see too much in the way of trouble other than one guy 'challenging' another from about 100 yards knowing he wouldn't get anywhere near him! :oops:

Was more disturbed that at least two complete dunderheads thought it was 'fair game' to throw cigarette lighters at the Chelsea payers after they scored their goal!

Whilst I agree that the Chelsea players goaded our very vocal support (we'd never dream of such a thing, would we?) by celebrating in front of us after the goal, there are some things you just don't do and which could have cost this club a fine or worse!

Thankfully, the Chelsea players didn't make too much of it and I'm not sure it went into the referees report!

Grow up, people before you cause a major problem! :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: Cardiff fans fighting yesterday; its not on

Postby billy ronson » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:48 am

With the travel restrictions based on attending games last season , why do we suddenly have an increase in the throwing of coins,lighters, etc ?? Just because we are in the Premier League, people have suddenly started throwing things at players ?? even if Chelsea players celebrated in front of our fans , it doesn’t condone throwing !!

Don’t they know they could be identified by CCTV and we will get reduced tickets for away games if it doesn’t stop and that doesn’t help anyone !
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby Bluesman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:53 am

These are the fans who never normally go to away games. They get their tickets from friends who are eligible to go but do not go. Tighten up on ticket sales and the passing on of tickets.
Bluesman

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:38 am

TERRYB wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Great away day yesterday but why do we still get Cardiff on Cardiff fighting in the ground I really don't understand it we are ccfc together as one, personal problems fine sort it out away from the ground not bring it to the game seen a few happen yesterday please we are all one ccfc family.

Sad to say but at our away games you are more likely to see fights with Cardiff v Cardiff and it's happening regularly.

How feck in embarrassing :banghead: :banghead:
bluesince62

Postby nubbsy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:46 am

Yeah some jumped up fat wanker giving it the big one.

Worst part of it was what looked like his son (maybe 18 years old) following him around looking petrified trying to keep him out of trouble!

Probably his first away game in 5 years.
nubbsy

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:38 am

It's a problem you can't solve. A lot of it is to do with our strange society where young men have no legitimate outlet for their natural aggression or competitive nature.

They face constant vilification and marginalisation from the establishment and the media and have little chance of personal achievement in a country which has ceased all productive activity, abandoned family structures, and rejected morality and religion .

Now, even in a sane and decent society we couldn't have them jumping about like angry chimps in public places, and of course we therefore need to come down hard on such behaviour , but let's not forget that these are the same sort of young men who have fought and died over a thousand years for this country and its former values before we allowed greedy lunatics to take control. As such they represent any lingering hope of a more wholesome and civilised future, and they deserve as their birthright to be included in society instead of being constantly scapegoated by the media and establishment.

In short, whilst we must in the short term try to prevent this sort of ridiculous and actually criminal behaviour, we can't be surprised if these people feel deeply angry and resentful , or that these frustrations come bursting out on the rare occasions ,such as football matches, when they are allowed to behave naturally and speak freely in the company of other young men.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby davids » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:27 pm

wakey77 wrote:Surely they should be identified and banned

Haven't you heard that encouraging song that breaks out whenever some lout is being frogmarched out of the ground?

Because apparently "You'll never ban....a City fan"!

:roll: :roll:
davids

Postby jon1959 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:38 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:It's a problem you can't solve. A lot of it is to do with our strange society where young men have no legitimate outlet for their natural aggression or competitive nature.

They face constant vilification and marginalisation from the establishment and the media and have little chance of personal achievement in a country which has ceased all productive activity, abandoned family structures, and rejected morality and religion .

Now, even in a sane and decent society we couldn't have them jumping about like angry chimps in public places, and of course we therefore need to come down hard on such behaviour , but let's not forget that these are the same sort of young men who have fought and died over a thousand years for this country and its former values before we allowed greedy lunatics to take control. As such they represent any lingering hope of a more wholesome and civilised future, and they deserve as their birthright to be included in society instead of being constantly scapegoated by the media and establishment.

In short, whilst we must in the short term try to prevent this sort of ridiculous and actually criminal behaviour, we can't be surprised if these people feel deeply angry and resentful , or that these frustrations come bursting out on the rare occasions ,such as football matches, when they are allowed to behave naturally and speak freely in the company of other young men.

Total tripe.

There are plenty of 'legitimate outlets' for young men (and young women) to test their 'competitive nature', but the way you talk about 'natural aggression' (and the space to speak and act aggressively) makes them sound like wild animals. That is crass and insulting. I agree that many people feel excluded by the loss of industrial jobs, weaker family ties and a breakdown in the support that communities gave to earlier generations, and you could argue that governments and shadowy elites have allowed that to happen, but I hope the answer is something different (for most people) to the army or religion.

You seem to be condemning and excusing at the same time drunken or drugged up violence by a minority of our away fans!

Out of interest, when do you think greedy lunatics did not control this country? I don't mean governments or Prime Ministers (plenty of scope to argue about most of them - and they are important), but the people with real power who own the money, own the land, the media, the major employers.... From the robber barons of the middle ages to the zero hours employers today there was never a golden age of benevolent, enlightened people calling the shots.
jon1959

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Some people just need to grow up
2blue2handle

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Bluesman wrote:These are the fans who never normally go to away games. They get their tickets from friends who are eligible to go but do not go. Tighten up on ticket sales and the passing on of tickets.

How do you know that or are you just speculating?
1980s Bluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:27 pm

I can honestly say don't blame the youngsters, I met some youngsters (youngsters to me and I am 52), who could not have been more polite, well behaved and quite well spoken and respectful even though they had downed a few themselves and Valleys boys and from further West.

The biggest dick heads where a few middle aged idiots who clearly cannot handle their booze when they on it all day.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Blueboys1927 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:13 pm

Bit of nonsense outside before the match, as about 20 old cardiff chased about 40 odd younger bouncing Chelsea, who soon bounced off into the distance :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby City Slicker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:24 pm

jon1959 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:It's a problem you can't solve. A lot of it is to do with our strange society where young men have no legitimate outlet for their natural aggression or competitive nature.

Total tripe.

There are plenty of 'legitimate outlets' for young men (and young women) to test their 'competitive nature', but the way you talk about 'natural aggression' (and the space to speak and act aggressively) makes them sound like wild animals. That is crass and insulting. I agree that many people feel excluded by the loss of industrial jobs, weaker family ties and a breakdown in the support that communities gave to earlier generations, and you could argue that governments and shadowy elites have allowed that to happen, but I hope the answer is something different (for most people) to the army or religion.

You seem to be condemning and excusing at the same time drunken or drugged up violence by a minority of our away fans!

Out of interest, when do you think greedy lunatics did not control this country? I don't mean governments or Prime Ministers (plenty of scope to argue about most of them - and they are important), but the people with real power who own the money, own the land, the media, the major employers.... From the robber barons of the middle ages to the zero hours employers today there was never a golden age of benevolent, enlightened people calling the shots.

Too true; an astute post :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:28 pm

i was sat in the middle (upper) at chelsea and it looked to be a fight but didnt see any punches just agruments
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:48 pm

jon1959 wrote:

Total tripe.

Well I'm certainly not going to be rude enough to use your expression and say that your post is tripe.
Um... Having said that, if you think the robber barons were people in the Middle Ages then I somewhat doubt that your conclusions and opinions can be quite as definitive as you seem to be telling us.

You seem to be acknowledging the truth of my comments then telling us that we shouldn't care or complain about it. You are quite clear as to what wouldn't work - " the army and religion" , but like all your ilk you have no proposal for what would work.
For decades I've heard sandal wearing yogurt knitting trendies carping and gradually dismantling our culture and society without ever ever providing a working alternative to what generally worked.

It's both disingenuous and irrelevant to tell us the faults of the past which we can do nothing about at this point and note that the world has never been perfect, and I assume that's intended to divert us from the issues of today, which we could do something about.

I said quite clearly that I'd put a stop to disorderly behaviour very firmly, so don't tell me that I'm justifying it. What's more I'd know how to actually do that rather than talk bollocks on the subject. At the same time though , I'm not either having these boys talked of in the Emily Thornberry style as some sort of sh@t on the shoes of the liberal elite , who are the very ones who created this and other situations with their philosophy of self hate and empty rhetoric which destroys but does not create.

I can't see much sign that things will improve much in the foreseeable future for our youngsters, but at the same time I'm not going to shut up about it.

Incidentally, the hidden power brokers you mention are those who gradually developed the black art form of manipulating Kings and government by lending them money which doesn't actually exist and charging interest on it. Probably started with the Lombardi, then the Templars and more latterly huge bankers - saying which , people were doing much the same in Ancient Rome. Nothing whatever to do with land ownership and the other stuff you mention, which are only consequential areas of control which follow the basic methodology.

These people are undoubtedly inspired by a dark influence and they deal in lies and falsehoods , and it's probably true to say that we can never stop them plying their tricks upon those who are not capable of understanding what they're up to, but you know I still like to challenge their ploys and deceptions whenever possible. You never know , someone who reads it might just catch on . I don't suppose that's your intention, but your thing there of justifying it isn't really helpful to anyone who deserves to be helped.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby jon1959 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:16 pm

We are not going to agree, but before I go back to my 'ilk' to join the yoghurt knitting circle, I'll leave you with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robber_baron_(feudalism)
jon1959

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Sven wrote:Seemed to be a lot of drunk (or maybe high) supporters at the game and a bit of a pack mentality amongst the younger element; particularly near the bars but didn't see too much in the way of trouble other than one guy 'challenging' another from about 100 yards knowing he wouldn't get anywhere near him! :oops:

Was more disturbed that at least two complete dunderheads thought it was 'fair game' to throw cigarette lighters at the Chelsea payers after they scored their goal!

Whilst I agree that the Chelsea players goaded our very vocal support (we'd never dream of such a thing, would we?) by celebrating in front of us after the goal, there are some things you just don't do and which could have cost this club a fine or worse!

Thankfully, the Chelsea players didn't make too much of it and I'm not sure it went into the referees report!

Grow up, people before you cause a major problem! :oops:

We gave Eden Hazard stick so he had a right to give it back and he did when he scored. That’s banter and it’s football banter and I haven’t got a problem with it. Chucking things at the players ain’t on though.
Nuclearblue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:11 am

jon1959 wrote:We are not going to agree, but before I go back to my 'ilk' to join the yoghurt knitting circle, I'll leave you with this:

Well that link just says there's no entry for Robber Baron ( feudalism) which isn't surprising because it's got nothing to do with feudalism or ,as you originally suggested, the Middle Ages. It's a term used for 19th and early 20th century American tycoons who became immensely rich and attempted with varying degrees of success to exert influence on home and foreign policies.

Interestingly enough , since you touch upon the subject of such unseen influences upon public policy and government, one of these men was J.P Morgan and he was a pretty significant figure in this sort of thing, as is the company and organisation he left behind. However, the Barons , and aristocracy generally of feudal times with whom you seem to be confusing these characters were very much the victims of similar machinations.
During the 100 years war and for periods before and after it, these aristocrats were the legitimate governing group, but were subverted and undermined by the Lombards and other bankers / money lenders who provided the funds for their wars and weapons , often conspiring behind the scenes to create the wars and conflicts which creates their markets for this. We can see the same ideas being used today with the development of what ghastly been called the military industrial complex.

Look, don't be offended - it's a great thing that we can have such discussions and there's no requirement that everyone has to agree on every little bit of the conversation . Maybe a football forum isn't the place to do it exactly, but it's nonetheless interesting and makes a change from the offside rule .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:52 pm

It auto corrected something there to "ghastly", but I don't remember what it was so I can't edit it. Any amusing suggestions ?
SirJimmySchoular

Postby mogsyblue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:41 pm

nubbsy wrote:Yeah some jumped up fat wanker giving it the big one.

Worst part of it was what looked like his son (maybe 18 years old) following him around looking petrified trying to keep him out of trouble!

Probably his first away game in 5 years.

Unfortunately my friend your not far wrong there, that idiot was my brother and the young lad was my son(his nephew), I got parted from him on the other side of the of the upper tier with my 10yr old grandson. I’m just glad the true supporters around them could see he was totally out of it and my lad was trying to keep him safe.
mogsyblue

Postby jon1959 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
jon1959 wrote:We are not going to agree, but before I go back to my 'ilk' to join the yoghurt knitting circle, I'll leave you with this:

Well that link just says there's no entry for Robber Baron ( feudalism) which isn't surprising because it's got nothing to do with feudalism or ,as you originally suggested, the Middle Ages. It's a term used for 19th and early 20th century American tycoons who became immensely rich and attempted with varying degrees of success to exert influence on home and foreign policies.

Interestingly enough , since you touch upon the subject of such unseen influences upon public policy and government, one of these men was J.P Morgan and he was a pretty significant figure in this sort of thing, as is the company and organisation he left behind. However, the Barons , and aristocracy generally of feudal times with whom you seem to be confusing these characters were very much the victims of similar machinations.
During the 100 years war and for periods before and after it, these aristocrats were the legitimate governing group, but were subverted and undermined by the Lombards and other bankers / money lenders who provided the funds for their wars and weapons , often conspiring behind the scenes to create the wars and conflicts which creates their markets for this. We can see the same ideas being used today with the development of what ghastly been called the military industrial complex.

Look, don't be offended - it's a great thing that we can have such discussions and there's no requirement that everyone has to agree on every little bit of the conversation . Maybe a football forum isn't the place to do it exactly, but it's nonetheless interesting and makes a change from the offside rule .

Very odd. When I read and linked the article it was a full description of feudal 'robber barons' - the original source of the term - and also referred to nineteenth century industrialists acquiring the same tag because they were seen as showing similar ruthless traits. I don't know why it has since disappeared. Anyway - the original robber barons were from the European Middle Ages (800 - 1450 AD). The (mainly) American industrial magnates were named robber barons after them.

I have just looked on Wiki again (although there are loads of other sources) and the full article seems to be there. Maybe it won't disappear this time.

if not, this makes the same point:

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/ ... -of-c.aspx

However, this has drifted a fair way from your OP and a small number of our fans fighting at Chelsea. Maybe a course on 12th and 19th century bad people will take their minds off modern drink fuelled aggression?
jon1959

Return to General Chat