Patterson......should he be starting???

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Kraybald » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:07 pm

I know the new midfield signings Arter and Camarasa are looking quality, but I feel we have really missed the aerial ability and threat of Patterson so far this season. I always feel like hes got a chance of getting a goal when he starts.
I would love to see him get a few starts and think he should be given a go behind the striker or even crazy as it might seem upfront.

Anyone else missing Patterson? :(

:ayatollah: :bluebird:
Kraybald

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Patterson......should he be starting???

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Kraybald wrote:I know the new midfield signings Arter and Camarasa are looking quality, but I feel we have really missed the aerial ability and threat of Patterson so far this season. I always feel like hes got a chance of getting a goal when he starts.
I would love to see him get a few starts and think he should be given a go behind the striker or even crazy as it might seem upfront.

In the game time he has had it has been noticeable that his touch lets him down. At Prem level if you can't control the ball quickly it's gone, unlike the Championship.

I hope he can improve on that because his eye for goal would be valuable but, at the moment, I can't see him getting into the team in midfield. Warnock has already said that he can't defend so an impact player off the bench is the best he can hope for I'd guess.
piledriver64

Postby theclaw » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:01 pm

This year he’s an impact player when we are chasing the game,unless we have injuries of course.
theclaw

Postby Man of Harlech » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:01 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Kraybald wrote:I know the new midfield signings Arter and Camarasa are looking quality, but I feel we have really missed the aerial ability and threat of Patterson so far this season. I always feel like hes got a chance of getting a goal when he starts.

In the game time he has had it has been noticeable that his touch lets him down. At Prem level if you can't control the ball quickly it's gone, unlike the Championship.

I hope he can improve on that because his eye for goal would be valuable but, at the moment, I can't see him getting into the team in midfield. Warnock has already said that he can't defend so an impact player off the bench is the best he can hope for I'd guess.

I totally agree about his lack of control, and that he should not start in midfield. But I don't think it crazy to think that he might be most effective up front.
Man of Harlech

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:02 pm

No. Certainly not a Premiership player at this time but learning all the time. Does anyone know his best position? Where would you play him? good in the air but lacks pace, don’t see him splitting defences with passes and how often do you see him tackle? Did well last year in the Championship but a big step up to the top flight.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Stringfellow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Even in the championship it was clear he’s not a natural midfielder but is a natural in front of goal. I love his energy and determination but at this level need more than that. Will no doubt play a part.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby montyblue » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Againat city this weekend i would have zohore with reid first half second half patterson and reid or swap reid for ward experiment for the more winable games.
montyblue

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:04 pm

montyblue wrote:Againat city this weekend i would have zohore with reid first half second half patterson and reid or swap reid for ward experiment for the more winable games.

You’d experiment with forwards against a team who will dominate the match.

What would be the point.
Llan_Blue

Postby montyblue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:00 pm

LLAN BLUE
the point would be to experiment yes what would you suggest we keep it the same reid and ward again and burn them out or go with nobody upfront as i have said on other post we could fit 11 players in the goal line and take it in turn to jump up and down for 89 mins and perhaps venture into man city' s half in the 90th minute to see if we could do some damage.
montyblue

Postby northernbluebird » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:30 pm

given that we are largely a long ball team, it makes sense to play him next to a striker, especially at home.

him and zohore up front would cause problems for many defences. i don't see ward on his own up front as a threat.
northernbluebird

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:29 pm

No, put him on the bench. Then switch him for Gunnersson IF he starts.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby City Slicker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Not Premier quality for me
City Slicker

Postby Bluesman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am

He looked over weight in pre-season and still does which is causing him to lack pace for the Premier league
He give 100% but has to lose weight.
Bluesman

Return to General Chat