Ralls Red Card

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ralls Red Card

Postby BluebirdNorth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Did anyone else think ralls' challenge was not worthy of a red?

Was the type of cynical challenge whittingham used to make when getting get caught out and always received a yellow. The commentators were very surprised when Mike Dean showed a red. Were not Not having any luck at all this season.
BluebirdNorth

Ralls Red Card

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ralls Red Card

Postby danielrees17 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Disgraceful decision to send him off, no doubt that will be rescinded
danielrees17

Postby fred keenor » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Im sure the club will appeal and this will be overturned.
Awful and cynical but never a red.
VAR surely is needed asap
fred keenor

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:18 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Disgraceful decision to send him off, no doubt that will be rescinded

Your joking,Clumsy but not malicious but still took him out.Not worth apealing in my view.
Sneggyblubird

Postby BluebirdNorth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Reading some posts online you'd think ralls took his head off even some pundits were saying clear red, no idea where they are coming from, wasn't even that high of a challenge.
BluebirdNorth

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:28 pm

BluebirdNorth wrote:Reading some posts online you'd think ralls took his head off even some pundits were saying clear red, no idea where they are coming from, wasn't even that high of a challenge.

He went in with two feet from behind halfway up his body! Letissier thinks either lino or 4th official made the call as ref seemed to go for yellow card, but at end day it was a totally unnecessary tackle and cannot argue about red as was reckless however way you look at it . :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Llan_Blue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
BluebirdNorth wrote:Reading some posts online you'd think ralls took his head off even some pundits were saying clear red, no idea where they are coming from, wasn't even that high of a challenge.

He went in with two feet from behind halfway up his body! Letissier thinks either lino or 4th official made the call as ref seemed to go for yellow card, but at end day it was a totally unnecessary tackle and cannot argue about red as was reckless however way you look at it . :thumbup:

It wasn’t unnecessary spurs were away and would of scored.

Never a two footed tackle half way up his body either :lol:

He basically tripped him up to stop play. It was a yellow card.
Llan_Blue

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Quite clear that Red card offence is one that ‘impedes the progress of an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.’

Plus it was knee high.
maccydee

Postby theclaw » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:20 pm

I know it cost us a possibly point but that was a terrible tackle in my book and deserved a red card.As been posted elsewhere just needed a to grab his shirt or arm to stop him and a yellow card.
Stupid,stupid mistake.
theclaw

Postby danielrees17 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:36 pm

It's funny how we all saw the incident and there are very mixed feelings, I don't understand how that is a red card to anyone if that was one a cardiff player I'd be chanting off off off but I'd never expect it to be given I'd laugh if it was, to me has to be appealed and should win the decision
danielrees17

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 pm

danielrees17 wrote:It's funny how we all saw the incident and there are very mixed feelings, I don't understand how that is a red card to anyone if that was one a cardiff player I'd be chanting off off off but I'd never expect it to be given I'd laugh if it was, to me has to be appealed and should win the decision

Watch it again the ball is 10 yards away you can not justify sliding in studs raised its 100% a red regardless of contact as mug as I hate to say it

I said red when he done it in ground I’ve watxhed replay and whilst it’s not malicious it’s even worse a foul to watch again cos there’s no need for it at all defenders are covering
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Seriously? Not a high challenge?
He took him out around the kness with both feet ffs.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:01 pm

I don't know how anyone can say it was anything other than a red. There's being cynical by shirt pulling for a yellow and then there's being blatantly cynical by launching yourself across the man with the ball a good 5 yards ahead. A ridiculous decision by Ralls and the referee had no alternative in my opinion.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I don't know how anyone can say it was anything other than a red. There's being cynical by shirt pulling for a yellow and then there's being blatantly cynical by launching yourself across the man with the ball a good 5 yards ahead. A ridiculous decision by Ralls and the referee had no alternative in my opinion.

Spot on
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I don't know how anyone can say it was anything other than a red. There's being cynical by shirt pulling for a yellow and then there's being blatantly cynical by launching yourself across the man with the ball a good 5 yards ahead. A ridiculous decision by Ralls and the referee had no alternative in my opinion.

was a professional foul which until today ive never seen anything but a yellow given at any level....yes he launched HIMSELF across the player deliberately bringing his run to an end...but there was no two footed studs up tackle which some are claiming.....
dogfound

Postby trotskie » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:30 pm

If it was a Tottenham player it would have been a yellow given
trotskie

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:43 pm

trotskie wrote:If it was a Tottenham player it would have been a yellow given

You may be right, but if it was a Spurs player all those on here claiming Ralls was a yellow card offence would be saying red card all day long. It is common on this forum that identical fouls are yellow if committed by a City player, but definite reds if committed by the opposition.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:45 pm

dogfound wrote:

was a professional foul which until today ive never seen anything but a yellow given at any level....yes he launched HIMSELF across the player deliberately bringing his run to an end...but there was no two footed studs up tackle which some are claiming.....

If Ralls just pulled his shirt or tripped him, it's a yellow, but Ralls totally wiped him out. Now if Ralls actually went for the ball and got close to the ball, it would have been a yellow card for that foul. The problem is there was absolutely no attempt by Ralls to play the ball.

Put it this way, if a player lashed out and kicked an opponent off the ball, he would get a straight red. The ball was so far away and the foul was so cynical with Ralls flying into Lucas, I think it's fair to say that Ralls deliberately targeted Lucas and took him out off the ball. Ralls targeted Lucas and it was such a deliberate foul, I think he fully deserved the red.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Dazzy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm

It’s a difficult one. At first sight I thought a red was very harsh.

However I think you can get away with EITHER not going for the ball OR diving in (so long as your studs are not up or there’s no obvious intent to injure a player) but not both.

Having watched the game, I took a look at BT score and the panel were split but they did make the point that Ralls could’ve pulled his shirt or simply tripped him. To me that makes sense. Harry Kane was our of order all the same. Hopefully Ralls will learn
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby dogfound » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

If Ralls just pulled his shirt or tripped him, it's a yellow, but Ralls totally wiped him out. Now if Ralls actually went for the ball and got close to the ball, it would have been a yellow card for that foul. The problem is there was absolutely no attempt by Ralls to play the ball.

Put it this way, if a player lashed out and kicked an opponent off the ball, he would get a straight red. The ball was so far away and the foul was so cynical with Ralls flying into Lucas, I think it's fair to say that Ralls deliberately targeted Lucas and took him out off the ball. Ralls targeted Lucas and it was such a deliberate foul, I think he fully deserved the red.

no he didnt go for the ball, it wasnt there to be won, which is a profesional foul...seen Whitts do it a hundred times mostly got yellows ,sometimes got nothing...Ralls was a bit more whole hearted but two footed tackle..from behind..wreckless no just no..of course he targeted the bloke running through and of course it was deliberate all pro/cynical fouls are deliberate...there was no intent to injure and the ref defo went for yellow initially.
dogfound

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:24 pm

My issue is the professional foul by the spurs player earlier on only got a yellow. Similar area of the pitch, if not slightly more dangerous. Just wasn't the after party with our players!!

Ralls should've just pulled his arm or barged him. To dive across was a bit silly.
jimmy_rat

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:23 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:My issue is the professional foul by the spurs player earlier on only got a yellow. Similar area of the pitch, if not slightly more dangerous. Just wasn't the after party with our players!!

Ralls should've just pulled his arm or barged him. To dive across was a bit silly.

Actualy there foul on paterson was more a red as he was the last man that took him out ffs no consistancy by the ref as usual where we are concrrned
troobloo3339

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:32 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:My issue is the professional foul by the spurs player earlier on only got a yellow. Similar area of the pitch, if not slightly more dangerous. Just wasn't the after party with our players!!

Actualy there foul on paterson was more a red as he was the last man that took him out ffs no consistancy by the ref as usual where we are concrrned

Yup. Exactly my point. Just cos Ralls' foul looked more like he smashed him. Didn't have as much of as an effect on the game.

Maybe our players need to start acting like babies?! Maybe that's the premier league experience required! Cos we matched them at football today.
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

Yup. Exactly my point. Just cos Ralls' foul looked more like he smashed him. Didn't have as much of as an effect on the game.

Maybe our players need to start acting like babies?! Maybe that's the premier league experience required! Cos we matched them at football today.

thats more likely to succeed im premiership there's so many babies think need to have nurseries for the players?
:laughing6: pens are bought by players making the foul as apposed to being fouled, and contact is about making a 6 course meal out of it for maximum effect. :o ;)
pembroke allan

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:

thats more likely to succeed im premiership there's so many babies think need to have nurseries for the players?
:laughing6: pens are bought by players making the foul as apposed to being fouled, and contact is about making a 6 course meal out of it for maximum effect. :o ;)

Again agree Allan. Need to be more streetwise. Or 'nurserywise'
jimmy_rat

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:

I think that was more a collision and Paterson wasn’t past the Spurs player so clearly.

The issue isn’t about being last man it was about being at least 10 yards away from the ball and kicked half way up his leg.
maccydee

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Just seen it on MOTD.

It’s a clear red, referee made the right decision.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Shocking tackle ( if that ) - Spurs players may have played a part from Yellow or Red .
TopCat CCFC

Postby maccydee » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 am

fred keenor wrote:Im sure the club will appeal and this will be overturned.
Awful and cynical but never a red.
VAR surely is needed asap

It will not be over turned nor should it be.
maccydee

Postby Walinoz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:40 am

Spurs players going down at the slightest touch all game but in fairness I thought it was a red
Last edited by Walinoz on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walinoz

Next

Return to General Chat