Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPURS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Video: Warnock / CITY APPEAL / JOE RALLS RED CARD / SPUR

Postby AladdinSane » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Had Ralls already been on a yellow do you think he would have just got a second or still the straight red? Just a thought.
AladdinSane

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:40 pm

AladdinSane wrote:Had Ralls already been on a yellow do you think he would have just got a second or still the straight red? Just a thought.

100% second yellow.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:50 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Never a red. f*cking soft the lot of you.

im gobsmacked at how many on here cant see the difference between a wreckless two footed studs showing tackle , and what Joe did..
worse is some of them have claimed time and time again to have played the game..
dogfound

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:51 pm

dogfound wrote:

im gobsmacked at how many on here cant see the difference between a wreckless two footed studs showing tackle , and what Joe did..
worse is some of them have claimed time and time again to have played the game..

Its shocking mate. It was a clear trip, not studs contact on the legs at all ( from what I seen).

Perhaps we seen a different tackle!? :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby castleblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Had another look at this and whilst I still believe Ralls should have just pulled the shirt off that Spurs player this is what FIFA says about the type of challange:

“Reckless” means that the player has made the move with complete disregard for danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeve ... ct_557.pdf
Slide 4.

Now I think that perfectly sums of that challange by Ralls in my opinion and FIFA say the sanction should be a YELLOW card.

Maybe it is worth an appeal after all.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby danielrees17 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:19 pm

It wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity so not a red on that basis and it wasn't a dangerous tackle as he actually took him out with his calf muscle chopping him down don't get me wrong it's borderline cynical but is there any other laws I'm missing for it to be a red card? If I shield the ball when it's yards away from me should obstruction now be a yellow card because it's the same without the force of a tackle?
danielrees17

Postby trotskie » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:33 pm

Would he have sent him off it was a Tottenham player? Mmmmmm
trotskie

Postby montyblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Ref playing to the baying crowd and all those spurs players and the basking shark big mouth kane how anybody thinks thats a leg braker or a clear goal oppurtunity is beyond me as DOGFOUND said do peoole know the rules on red and yellow refer to manual.
montyblue

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:53 pm

montyblue wrote:Ref playing to the baying crowd and all those spurs players and the basking shark big mouth kane how anybody thinks thats a leg braker or a clear goal oppurtunity is beyond me as DOGFOUND said do peoole know the rules on red and yellow refer to manual.

Not one person is saying it was leg breaker or goal opportunity! As for rules on cards they are open to interpretation by the officials hence get different decisions on same type incident! like ralls one was it reckless yes it was, was it dangerous possibly as he came from behind and at thigh High is that how ref saw it probably! Refs always been influenced by players actions and even crowds reaction city players no exception so cannot complain about spurs. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Its shocking mate. It was a clear trip, not studs contact on the legs at all ( from what I seen).

one poster saw a thigh high two foot studs up wreckless tackle from behind....and suggested maybe he should have gone for his ankles which would have just got a yellow, :laughing5: :laughing5:
whats shocked me on this is not people saying its red, but that they seem to have heard certain phrases on TV and totally misinterpreted whats meant by those phrases..he DELIBERATELY aims himself infront of and not at the spurs player which I think takes away the wreckless the rest is fiction
Last edited by dogfound on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfound

Postby PtB » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

one poster saw a thigh high two foot studs up wreckless tackle from behind....and suggested maybe he should have gone for his ankles which would have just got a yellow, :laughing5: :laughing5:
whats shocked me on this is not people saying its red, but that they seem to have heard certain phrases on TV and totally misinterpreted whats meant by those phrases..he aims himself infront not at the Spurs player and i think in doing so takes away wreckless, as for the other stuff its fiction.

Spot on.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby danielrees17 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:13 pm

Just had a look on spurs forum and even their fans are 50/50 surely the rules need to be cleared up because it's confused everyone whether it was a 'reckless' tackle or not
danielrees17

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm

We can all argue about was a it a red or not but at end day the ref makes the decision rightly or wrongly he interpretes what he sees and acts accordingly? Incident in pool man c game saw foul probably worse than ralls tackle result no card at all , get same with handball get 2 same incidents one was a pen other wasn't all because ref interpretes what he sees despite there being clear rules on handball! Guarantee if city lose appeal fans be saying it's bias agains Welsh clubs ect ect not that the ref was correct? :old:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby CFRed » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 pm

avondaleblue wrote:If you watch the You tube clip at about 1 min 20secs you can see Mike Dean going to his left back pocket to show a yellow card. But after Harry and his England chums confront him he goes to his right back pocket to show a red card. Don't tell me he was not influenced by the Spurs players. I think that is why Warnock is appealing it because he was about to show a yellow card, unless of course Dean might say "Oh I forgot which pocket was yellow and red, and Harry and his chums reminded me". I agree with Warnock, Lord Harry of England IS a tw*t.

It was a red & to appeal against it is really embarrassing !
Booooooo they’re all against us because we’re Welsh booooooooo !!
CFRed

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:50 pm

I’ve had a lot worse tackles on me on the parks without anybody even being booked :laughing6:
But in today’s modern game I think this a red card and we’ll lose the appeal. Worth a go though!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 pm

Even when I first saw it in real time I though it could be a red and was not surprised as like someone else said the ball was long gone so you can't even argue it was badly timed.It was taking one for the team.
Sneggyblubird

Postby krabb » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Even when I first saw it in real time I though it could be a red and was not surprised as like someone else said the ball was long gone so you can't even argue it was badly timed.It was taking one for the team.

This :ayatollah:
krabb

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:54 am

PtB wrote:
dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:

whats shocked me on this is not people saying its red, but that they seem to have heard certain phrases on TV and totally misinterpreted whats meant by those phrases..he aims himself infront not at the Spurs player and i think in doing so takes away wreckless, as for the other stuff its fiction.

Spot on.

Dogfound - You're spot on here as the above poster says.
To many people listen to some of these clueless pundits/commentators - its opinion from them and they aren't always right ( hardly ever in fact )

It was a tactical foul and nothing more :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:56 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’ve had a lot worse tackles on me on the parks without anybody even being booked :laughing6:
But in today’s modern game I think this a red card and we’ll lose the appeal. Worth a go though!

I make these kind of tackles every week ( sunday league ) :laughing6: But I would be furious if I had a red for this.
Reffing standard is miles and miles ahead of parks football so they SHOULD know the rules better.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I’ve had a lot worse tackles on me on the parks without anybody even being booked :laughing6:

I make these kind of tackles every week ( sunday league ) :laughing6: But I would be furious if I had a red for this.
Reffing standard is miles and miles ahead of parks football so they SHOULD know the rules better.

I take in about 4 games a week and see players walking across opponents and nudging them into touch or over, tripping opponents to fast for them, shirt pulling to the extent the shirt gets ripped and slide tackling after the ball but ahead of the player {have to say most don't look as clumsy as Ralls doing it }etc regular...yellow all day every day...
most peoples take is the ball was gone and Ralls wasn't even looking at it...duh , the reason any player makes a pro foul is because he can no longer actually win the ball surely....Ralls ,had he chosen to could easily have gone straight through him but instead chose to aim himself ahead ..

the appeal will be interesting though,
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat