New Player Shopping List

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New Player Shopping List

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 am

One of the few things we can take from the comments from Sir Neil this week was that Mr Tan is apparently prepared to buy some players in the window.
I think we all know which positions need bolstering , but it's not easy to think of candidates who'd be likely to be available and willing to join a team which everyone is predicting will get relegated.

Anyone got any tips or suggestions ?
SirJimmySchoular

New Player Shopping List

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: New Player Shopping List

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 am

Yeah, get some sleep
:lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby ThomasC » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:One of the few things we can take from the comments from Sir Neil this week was that Mr Tan is apparently prepared to buy some players in the window.
I think we all know which positions need bolstering , but it's not easy to think of candidates who'd be likely to be available and willing to join a team which everyone is predicting will get relegated.

Anyone got any tips or suggestions ?

How you feeling now? better I hope, we were all and still are worried about you.

Why not get up and enjoy the Sunday morning, it's beautiful out. In times of stress you can find me at an owl sanctuary or out yomping. Hope this helps :thumbup:
ThomasC

Postby City Slicker » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 am

Watch out Newport County, Tan's eyeing up some of your players in January.
City Slicker

Postby Grangetown blue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:19 am

City Slicker wrote:Watch out Newport County, Tan's eyeing up some of your players in January.

hahaha that sounds about right it's funny people actally think we will strengthen in Jan I can see Warnock saying like he said in the summer blaming the price of players and agents again we will look for lower end championship players again
Grangetown blue

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:27 am

We are not going to get a top proven striker from the Premiership or Championship if they are banging the goals in they won’t be prepared to sell.
What we need to do in my opinion is Sit Victor Cameras down and pick his brains on the Spanish league and players, players who for what ever reason are not in there teams plans bit like his situation.

He will know the Spanish league and players inside out, get him to tap the player up tell them how great a City it is to live in and offer the player a big incentive to score the goals we need to keep us up.

Watching Cameras it highlights the all round technical class/ability there is in the Spanish league.

Years gone by the Jacks had a lot of success in brining players in from Spain there must be better value in brining in a player or two on loan from Spain than the we would get in this country.
Llantwit Blue

Postby Grangetown blue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:45 am

Nobody will sign for us if we are still looking for are first win coming to January lol the media are doing a good job as it is now with the way they talk about us can you imagine what it be like if we still haven't won a game come January no player in there right mind would join us
Grangetown blue

Postby montyblue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:21 pm

LLANTWIT BLUE
totally agree i said in post the other day we should have a reliable scout and should employ a proven scout to look at players from south america, europe,the far east, african cotinent etc there will be plenty of strikers that want to come and play in the premier league even if we are bottom but we need to sort now not the last 10 mins of the transfer market like we did with arter and camarrasa.
montyblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:24 pm

If we are cut adrift then I don't predict much movement. Everything is more expensive in January. We need to be in touching distance.
2blue2handle

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Interesting that no one has come up with any actual suggestions. That doesn't surprise me because I'm a bit baffled about who exactly we could get myself.
I agree that we probably have to look outside the Premiership, whether that be abroad or not but even assuming that we've got the funds and that we're still in a position where we think it will make a significant difference, the actual availability of players is a potential problem which we need to be solving now rather than at the last minute.

What about that Russian guy who did so well in the World Cup and was being touted for £5million ?
SirJimmySchoular

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Interesting that no one has come up with any actual suggestions. That doesn't surprise me because I'm a bit baffled about who exactly we could get myself.
I agree that we probably have to look outside the Premiership, whether that be abroad or not but even assuming that we've got the funds and that we're still in a position where we think it will make a significant difference, the actual availability of players is a potential problem which we need to be solving now rather than at the last minute.

What about that Russian guy who did so well in the World Cup and was being touted for £5million ?

Thing is no one knows who will be available come January. Someone out of favour that maybe available now maybe back in the team come Jan. Managers may change etc

Also budget will depend on how we are doing. For me tho it's clear we need a right back, holding midfielder and striker but then we knew that over the summer.
2blue2handle

Postby montyblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm

2blue2handle

This is why we need a scout looking abroad and who will know who is going to be available and have a list ready and possibly some provisional's
montyblue

Postby montyblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:40 pm

ARSENAL HAVE STARTED THERE SHOPPING LIST SEE "ARSENAL POST"
montyblue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Interesting that no one has come up with any actual suggestions. That doesn't surprise me because I'm a bit baffled about who exactly we could get myself.

Thing is no one knows who will be available come January. Someone out of favour that maybe available now maybe back in the team come Jan. Managers may change etc

Also budget will depend on how we are doing. For me tho it's clear we need a right back, holding midfielder and striker but then we knew that over the summer.

Well I certainly agree that a right full back is almost as urgent as a Striker ( or two ). I didn't actually understand why that wasn't done in the closed season. Not sure whether , being practical, we can add to the midfield because that's pretty good at the moment and we know we'll only have so much money to spend.
Very intelligent post though
SirJimmySchoular

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:24 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Well I certainly agree that a right full back is almost as urgent as a Striker ( or two ). I didn't actually understand why that wasn't done in the closed season. Not sure whether , being practical, we can add to the midfield because that's pretty good at the moment and we know we'll only have so much money to spend.
Very intelligent post though

I think if we could get holding midfielder id do it over a right back. I think we could look so much balanced with someone holding and then two of Arter, Casemara and Ralls further forward. Everything just looks so disjointed at the moment.
2blue2handle

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:11 am

The first two definitely.
Yes in an ideal world you're quite right of course, but we urgently need people to find the net at one end ,and tighten up at the other end. In fact we could strengthen up in a few areas if we could afford it, and providing we can stay in this league I expect that we will.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:26 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:The first two definitely.
Yes in an ideal world you're quite right of course, but we urgently need people to find the net at one end ,and tighten up at the other end. In fact we could strengthen up in a few areas if we could afford it, and providing we can stay in this league I expect that we will.

That's why I wonder if a decent holding player can do both. No matter the quality of striker that comes in I don't see them scoring for fun the way we currently play. I'd hope a holding player can help provide the defence with some extra cover and allow the likes of Arter and Casmara to both play centrally and with some extra freedom.

Im concerned Warnock may just try and get more players to fit the system without addressing the fundermental problem which is the way we are setting up.
2blue2handle

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:The first two definitely.

That's why I wonder if a decent holding player can do both. No matter the quality of striker that comes in I don't see them scoring for fun the way we currently play. I'd hope a holding player can help provide the defence with some extra cover and allow the likes of Arter and Casmara to both play centrally and with some extra freedom.

Im concerned Warnock may just try and get more players to fit the system without addressing the fundermental problem which is the way we are setting up.

Yeah, once again you make a good point there and unlike a lot of people here you obviously understand what we're trying to achieve. It's a very very good idea actually, but we couldn't be certain that it'd work until we tried it - which I agree we should -and I therefore think that'll have to wait till we've got the other stuff sorted out. If we spent our limited money on a midfielder and it turned out for whatever reason not to work out in practise , then we'd be back to square one.
I think you've hit on a very important priority though ,which should be followed up on as soon as possible . Maybe Sir Neil is already thinking that, but I must admit I'd missed it and it's great thinking.
SirJimmySchoular

Return to General Chat