Spurs star Harry Kane hits back at Neil Warnock

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Spurs star Harry Kane hits back at Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock in row over Joe Ralls' red card

The Bluebirds boss accused the England international of helping to get Joe Ralls sent off in the defeat to Tottenham at the weekend

Tuesday 9 Oct 2018

The Bluebirds boss accused the England international of helping to get Joe Ralls sent off in the defeat to Tottenham at the weekend

Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane has rubbished Neil Warnock's suggestion that he helped get Joe Ralls sent off during Cardiff City's narrow defeat at Wembley.

An eventful affair in the capital was ultimately settled by Eric Dier's early goal, but the game was largely overshadowed by the City midfielder's dismissal just before the hour.

Referee Mike Dean brandished Ralls with a straight red following a reckless lunge on Lucas Moura, which sparked an angry reaction from several Spurs players, including Kane.

The England captain was pictured rushing over to Ralls in the immediate aftermath, with Warnock suggesting in his post-match press conference that the striker was guilty of trying to influence Dean's decision.

NEIL WARNOCK:

He said at the time: "Why not give Harry Kane a red? He went in and pushed him (Ralls) didn’t he?

"He doesn’t need to do that. He was doing that to make an issue of it, make the referee think the challenge was worse than it actually was.

"He plays for England, is a top player, I love him, but I don’t think you should try and get other pros sent off. He's the England captain for goodness sake."

However, Kane has roundly rejected Warnock's accusations, adding that Ralls had little right to complain about the referee's decision.

HARRY KANE:

The striker responded: "He (Ralls) has kicked one of our players knee-height and the ref said to me that the fourth official helped him out, so it is what it is.

"I guess managers are going to get angry. It's part of the game. But their player has looked at our player and he has kicked him higher than he ever should. So for me, it was a red card and the right decision."
Attachments
0_Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League-Wembley-Stadium-2.jpg
0_Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League-Wembley-Stadium-2.jpg (75.57 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Spurs star Harry Kane hits back at Neil Warnock

Postby davids » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Interesting what he says about the fourth official.

My own feeling when the ref changed his mind from yellow to red was that either the linesman or the fourth official had said something in his earpiece which made him show a red instead of a yellow.

Regardless of that, Kane should not have run over and put his arms around Ralls in the way he did.

Having said all that, my own opinion for what it's worth is that it was a red and Ralls was stupid in the extreme to do what he did.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:16 pm

davids wrote:Interesting what he says about the fourth official.

My own feeling when the ref changed his mind from yellow to red was that either the linesman or the fourth official had said something in his earpiece which made him show a red instead of a yellow.

Regardless of that, Kane should not have run over and put his arms around Ralls in the way he did.

Having said all that, my own opinion for what it's worth is that it was a red and Ralls was stupid in the extreme to do what he did.

That's what I understood happened but people are convinced kane & spurs players caused ref to change mind? agree was stupid tackle asking for a red to be given . :old:
pembroke allan

Postby montyblue » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:30 pm

Kane is not the ref its his decision, so his argument falls on its arse he said nothing about running into bang into ralls and try and provoke ralls plain and simple for everybody to see trying to bring attention to the ref i 100% agree with warnocks statement about what kane was trying to do he also said ralls kicked him i thought he put his leg infront of the cry baby like obstruction but the question is what the f..k is kane sticking his rather large nose in for he was not trying to pull 2 players apart he was running over to confront ralls and that's what neil is referring to
montyblue

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:44 pm

montyblue wrote:Kane is not the ref its his decision, so his argument falls on its arse he said nothing about running into bang into ralls and try and provoke ralls plain and simple for everybody to see trying to bring attention to the ref i 100% agree with warnocks statement about what kane was trying to do he also said ralls kicked him i thought he put his leg infront of the cry baby like obstruction but the question is what the f..k is kane sticking his rather large nose in for he was not trying to pull 2 players apart he was running over to confront ralls and that's what neil is referring to

he is still at it....kicked him knee high ffs....yeah and salmon live in trees.
dogfound

Postby T1JMO » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Ralls clearly took him out with no intention of playing the ball - it's a red for me. Kane deserved the yellow too for his reaction. I don't think we will get it overturned either.
T1JMO

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 pm

T1JMO wrote:Ralls clearly took him out with no intention of playing the ball - it's a red for me. Kane deserved the yellow too for his reaction. I don't think we will get it overturned either.

Thats exactly how I see the whole situation.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
T1JMO wrote:Ralls clearly took him out with no intention of playing the ball - it's a red for me. Kane deserved the yellow too for his reaction. I don't think we will get it overturned either.

Thats exactly how I see the whole situation.

That's exactly what happened, no one can deny that.

The question is what is the law on that, if it was a pull doing the same thing its a yellow.

Warnock is a qualified referee so I'm hoping he knows what he is doing.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:26 pm

if this no intention to play the ball thing means a red card the rule needs changing.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:27 pm

if this no intention to play the ball thing means a red card the rule needs changing.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm

dogfound wrote:

trouble is even if someone attempts to play ball and misses its same result its the intent and the intent was to stop him not get the ball! and its the manner ralls made the tackle thats made it a red , you can go in 2 footed and miss player but its still a red card offence because of the intent, plus of course the refs interpretation of the foul one refs red is anothers yellow same with all decisions :old:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

trouble is even if someone attempts to play ball and misses its same result its the intent and the intent was to stop him not get the ball! and its the manner ralls made the tackle thats made it a red , you can go in 2 footed and miss player but its still a red card offence because of the intent, plus of course the refs interpretation of the foul one refs red is anothers yellow same with all decisions :old:

if that was a Ralls 2 footed tackle, he shouldnt even be playing subuteo
Last edited by dogfound on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfound

Postby Igovernor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Alan it was one foot across!
Igovernor

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Spot on Allan. ;) We rarely agree.
If he pulls his shirt the intent is to do just that and to stop him progressing- it’s a yellow.
If he tackles him knee high it’s also to stop him progressing but the intent could be interpreted as reckless and/or dangerous.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby montyblue » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Well that's cleared that up then?
montyblue

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 pm

I don't agree that we all think that the Spurs players changed his mind. The point many are making, and I include Neil Warnock in this, is that the Spurs players shouldn't react by pushing and shoving opposition players. Ralls didn't react at all. Just shrugged. Didn't exactly need to be pushed and held away from the player he just smashed. Maybe he should've reacted to Kane's shove and lamped him?! See how golden balls reacted to that?! He was going off anyway...
jimmy_rat

Postby montyblue » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 pm

JIMMY RAT
yes ralls should have elbowed him in the gob he could have claimed that kane was spitting at him when talking, or he could have bent that beak of his when kane called him an uckin anchor or thats what it sounded like.
montyblue

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:41 pm

montyblue wrote:JIMMY RAT
yes ralls should have elbowed him in the gob he could have claimed that kane was spitting at him when talking, or he could have bent that beak of his when kane called him an uckin anchor or thats what it sounded like.

I'm with you on that. If you're gonna get sent off... At least do it properly.
jimmy_rat

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:19 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

This is the strangest looking two footed tackle I’ve ever seen :lol:

It’s basically a trip.
Attachments
220B94AC-76BD-4876-A015-2C9C517013BE.jpeg
220B94AC-76BD-4876-A015-2C9C517013BE.jpeg (56.95 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
Llan_Blue

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 am

Facts are it’s a ridiculous challenge that didn’t need to be made

If it doesn’t get rescinded then there can’t be any argument in my mind

If that tackle is made 50 yards from the ball it’s a straight red

It might not look that bad in slow motion etc but if your tackling a player 10 yards from the ball at knee height you give the ref a simple choice in my opinion, any normal players grabs a shirt or runs across his path reason this is being debated so much is what Ralls has done is not normal at all, it’s a ludicrous decision and I’ve no idea what’s going through his head cos there’s players covering as well

I still think it’s a red based on the fact if that’s anywhere else on the pitch when the ball is not being played it’s a red, I don’t think there’s any malice in the challenge but it’s a silly one for no reason at al
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:38 am

dogfound wrote:
montyblue wrote:Kane is not the ref its his decision, so his argument falls on its arse he said nothing about running into bang into ralls and try and provoke ralls plain and simple for everybody to see trying to bring attention to the ref i 100% agree with warnocks statement about what kane was trying to do he also said ralls kicked him i thought he put his leg infront of the cry baby like obstruction but the question is what the f..k is kane sticking his rather large nose in for he was not trying to pull 2 players apart he was running over to confront ralls and that's what neil is referring to

he is still at it....kicked him knee high ffs....yeah and salmon live in trees.

Ralls should've snapped his ankle because below the knee is acceptable, apparently!?
Harry Kane is an absolute wanker.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:

This is the strangest looking two footed tackle I’ve ever seen :lol:

It’s basically a trip.

Basically, Lucas Ran into Ralls leg... ( he couldn't have stepped out of the way ) but the boot did not touch his leg.
FA are a joke.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby montyblue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Fa reviews are a waste of time for "cardiff" remember derby in the big fall, blizzard conditions , all that bo..cks the penny will drop one day to all the doubters, that cardiff and dare i say welsh, are looked upon by the english fa differently shall we say.
montyblue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:21 pm

montyblue wrote:Fa reviews are a waste of time for "cardiff" remember derby in the big fall, blizzard conditions , all that bo..cks the penny will drop one day to all the doubters, that cardiff and dare i say welsh, are looked upon by the english fa differently shall we say.

Perhaps we should start waving union jacks? :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat