Joe Ralls Card - Red or Yellow?

Red
57%
Yellow
43%

Total votes : 87

Ralls Card -Poll

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:25 pm

With all the press coverage re Joe Ralls red card against Spurs & even different opinions between refs, simple question: Red or yellow?
bridgendbluebird30

Ralls Card -Poll

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ralls Card -Poll

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:56 pm

I went for red but it's clear the law/rule is flawed, for me a cynical foul is a cynical foul if you do what Ralls done or tug someones shirt back for me it's all the same.. you know you ain't getting the ball and stopping the opposition going on the attack.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:17 am

I voted red but very close.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby NyeBluebird » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 am

26 people are wrong.
NyeBluebird

Postby Paul Keevil » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:11 am

About 20 years ago I used to referee in the Welsh League and for me, without a shadow of doubt, it was a straight red.

If he had done the sensible thing and pulled his shirt he would have got a yellow

But what did it for me was the initial glance at the player, knowing he wasnt going to get the ball, and then in with the legs.

Ralls is a good player and he will learn from this - but in the Premier League you cant just chop players down who are quicker.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby NyeBluebird » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:26 am

Paul Keevil wrote:About 20 years ago I used to referee in the Welsh League and for me, without a shadow of doubt, it was a straight red.

If he had done the sensible thing and pulled his shirt he would have got a yellow

But what did it for me was the initial glance at the player, knowing he wasnt going to get the ball, and then in with the legs.

Ralls is a good player and he will learn from this - but in the Premier League you cant just chop players down who are quicker.

They let people with insufficient knowledge of the laws of the game ref in the Welsh League? :? :?
NyeBluebird

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:30 am

Paul Keevil wrote:About 20 years ago I used to referee in the Welsh League and for me, without a shadow of doubt, it was a straight red.

its called a profesional foul, where the player knows he is beaten and his team are in trouble so it now becomes stop your opponent, so yes its the player he is now looking/glancing at not the ball....and it was around 20 years ago not something new, infact people been doing it since the 19th century...the rule does not vary as you go up levels..and chopped down ?

personally i dont think Joe is a dirty /nasty player and believe his intention was to go across the front of the Spurs player to stop him { which is what i saw, he even put his arm around Moura to break the fall for christ sake}...not chop him down.

but as i said above..interesting that the refs that say not red refer to the rule book..
the ones that agree come up with a bunch of stuff that is not in any rule book..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:30 am

its called a profesional foul, where the player knows he is beaten and his team are in trouble so it now becomes stop your opponent, so yes its the player he is now looking/glancing at not the ball....and it was around 20 years ago not something new, infact people been doing it since the 19th century...the rule does not vary as you go up levels..and chopped down ?

personally i dont think Joe is a dirty /nasty player and believe his intention was to go across the front of the Spurs player to stop him { which is what i saw, he even put his arm around Moura to break the fall for christ sake}...not chop him down.

but as i said above..interesting that the refs that say not red refer to the rule book..
the ones that agree come up with a bunch of stuff that is not in any rule book..
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am

DandoCCFC wrote:I went for red but it's clear the law/rule is flawed, for me a cynical foul is a cynical foul if you do what Ralls done or tug someones shirt back for me it's all the same.. you know you ain't getting the ball and stopping the opposition going on the attack.

Classed as violent conduct i think. This is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.
maccydee

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:13 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:

They let people with insufficient knowledge of the laws of the game ref in the Welsh League? :? :?

:laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 pm

dogfound wrote:

You're my best pal since Sunday :thumbup: :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Red card for me. Ralls naive? Pull a players shirt to stop him getting away is a yellow card but to intentionally hack a player down at thigh/waist level when the ball is way gone steps over the mark. Needless dangerous play. Saw the player coming & intentionally took him out. Whether the current rules need to be tweaked is another thing but rightly sent off.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:13 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes seems so..
seems the panel went with excessive force, which although id don't agree with, i do sort of understand.
whats absolutely blown my mind is what some on here have come out with..ploughed through, chopped down, two footed, knee high..and loads of stuff about it being clearly a red card because .well what ever they felt like making up really...the best though is he GLANCED at him... :lol: :lol:

had the challenge been any of the above there would be no debate and certainly no qualified 1st class refs saying yellow and quoting the rule book..no appeal by our club especially having watched re runs...and almost certainly an extra game ban for making a frivolous appeal..
dogfound

Postby ThomasC » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Red card for me. Ralls naive? Pull a players shirt to stop him getting away is a yellow card but to intentionally hack a player down at thigh/waist level when the ball is way gone steps over the mark. Needless dangerous play. Saw the player coming & intentionally took him out. Whether the current rules need to be tweaked is another thing but rightly sent off.

hate to admit it, but found myself agreeing with Erik Dier, plenty of ways for Ralls to have stopped the attack and receive the yellow
ThomasC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:20 pm

dogfound wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes seems so..
seems the panel went with excessive force, which although id don't agree with, i do sort of understand.
whats absolutely blown my mind is what some on here have come out with..ploughed through, chopped down, two footed, knee high..and loads of stuff about it being clearly a red card because .well what ever they felt like making up really...the best though is he GLANCED at him... :lol: :lol:

had the challenge been any of the above there would be no debate and certainly no qualified 1st class refs saying yellow and quoting the rule book..no appeal by our club especially having watched re runs...and almost certainly an extra game ban for making a frivolous appeal..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Just leave this photo here for the people who are blind and think it was a two footed knee high studs showing chop.
Attachments
802FBABD-E258-45F9-9EDF-7CF0E2E4C343.jpeg
802FBABD-E258-45F9-9EDF-7CF0E2E4C343.jpeg (56.95 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
Llan_Blue

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:07 pm

maccydee wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I went for red but it's clear the law/rule is flawed, for me a cynical foul is a cynical foul if you do what Ralls done or tug someones shirt back for me it's all the same.. you know you ain't getting the ball and stopping the opposition going on the attack.

Classed as violent conduct i think. This is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

Obviously there is a law/ruling which is what you have stated but it is clearly flawed because it's not consistently followed as pundits/fans constantly call for a yellow for a 'cynical' foul when really it's deemed as a red card offence.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat