7.45PM TONIGHT “ WALES v SPAIN “ MATCH THREAD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Wales host Spain tonight at the Principality Stadium. Kick off is at 7.45pm.

You can watch the game live on Sky Sports Football and S4C.

Gareth Bale out injured.

Wales squad

Wayne Hennessey (Crystal Palace), Danny Ward (Leicester City), Adam Davies (Barnsley), Ashley Williams (Stoke City), James Chester (Aston Villa), Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Gunter (Reading), Connor Roberts (Swansea City), Christopher Mepham (Brentford), Jazz Richards (Cardiff City), Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea), Joe Rodon (Swansea City), Declan John (Swansea City), Joe Allen (Stoke City), Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal), Andy King (Leicester City), David Brooks (Bournemouth), Matthew Smith (FC Twente), Gareth Bale (Real Madrid), Ben Woodburn (Sheffield United), Harry Wilson (Derby County), Tom Lawrence (Derby County), Sam Vokes (Burnley), George Thomas (Scunthorpe United), Tyler Roberts (Leeds United).

Spain squad

David De Gea (Manchester United), Kepa Arrizabalaga (Chelsea), Pau Lopez (Real Betis), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Jonny Otto (Wolves), Marcos Alonso (Chelsea), Jose Gaya (Valencia), Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Marc Bartra (Real Betis), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Saul Niguez (Atletico Madrid), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Suso (AC Milan), Rodri (Atletico Madrid), Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Dani Ceballos (Real Madrid), Alvaro Morata (Chelsea), Paco Alcacer (Borussia Dortmund), Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo), Rodrigo Moreno (Valencia)
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 7.45PM TONIGHT “ WALES v SPAIN “ MATCH THREAD

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Should be on the red button sky 401 :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby Bananas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:03 pm

It's like a library. Awful atmosphere, shame on you Giggs u knob and Shem on the FAW. TERRIBLE ATMOSPHERE FROM PART TIME TOURISTS. NEVER EVER AGAIN.
Bananas

Postby Taff on the Mersey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Poor defending in any game. Dreadful.
Taff on the Mersey

Postby TommyP » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Bananas wrote:It's like a library. Awful atmosphere, shame on you Giggs u knob and Shem on the FAW. TERRIBLE ATMOSPHERE FROM PART TIME TOURISTS. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Coming across as pretty alright on my stream :?
TommyP

Postby norms76 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Shit atmosphere and a massive pitch, handed Spain a massive advantage playing here (not that they need any advantages.)
norms76

Postby Bananas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

TommyP wrote:
Bananas wrote:It's like a library. Awful atmosphere, shame on you Giggs u knob and Shem on the FAW. TERRIBLE ATMOSPHERE FROM PART TIME TOURISTS. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Coming across as pretty alright on my stream :?

It's like an egg game, a morgue. Giggs out.
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Giggs out ASAP
Bananas

Postby thomasblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 pm

The feel good factor and connection around this welsh team is draining game by game.

Giggs was a poor choice to carry on the fantastic work of Coleman.

His team selection in this match is sunday league standard, Four full backs and only one recognised Centre back ?

Absolute joke this will end up a beating by 7/8 goals.
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Playing 3 at back not working and very poor defending to say least.
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Frightening by Spain! Wales are being ripped apart. Back three just not working. Not even certain Gareth Bale would make a difference here. Plenty of work for Ryan Giggs at half time - any score possible here!!! HT0-3
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Gareth Bale award

Gareth Bale comes on to the pitch at half time to receive his Golden Boot award after breaking Ian Rush’s goalscoring record against China in March!

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Not sure what people expected didn't they beat Croatia 6-0 recently, a team who got to the final of the world Cup that we couldn't even qualify for under Coleman despite being a top seed.

Fully back Giggs, like I did Tosh as I can see he is trying to do the right thing and bring on the new generation which is needed now.
2blue2handle

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not sure what people expected didn't they beat Croatia 6-0 recently, a team who got to the final of the world Cup that we couldn't even qualify for under Coleman despite being a top seed.

Fully back Giggs, like I did Tosh as I can see he is trying to do the right thing and bring on the new generation which is needed now.

Agree was never an easy game especially as trying to give youngsters more experience because won't always have bale/ ramsey in team. Hopefully he's learned 3 at back is not working. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Subs

Ashley Williams is replaced by James Chester and Harry Wilson is replaced by David Brooks.

For Spain, De Gea is replaced by Kepa while Sergio Ramos is replaced by Marc Bartra. Saul Niguez comes off for Koke.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby thomasblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Not sure what people expected didn't they beat Croatia 6-0 recently, a team who got to the final of the world Cup that we couldn't even qualify for under Coleman despite being a top seed.

Agree was never an easy game especially as trying to give youngsters more experience because won't always have bale/ ramsey in team. Hopefully he's learned 3 at back is not working. :old:

3 at the back can work. But only if you play the right players, who in there right mind thinks playing 2 full backs in Chris Gunter and Ben Davies either side of a single Centre back is a good idea against one of the best sides in the world.

Add to that the fact hes playing another 2 full backs in midfield alongside a 17 year old kid.

I want to give Giggs a chance but his team selection tonight is a absolute joke.
thomasblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:02 pm

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

3 at the back can work. But only if you play the right players, who in there right mind thinks playing 2 full backs in Chris Gunter and Ben Davies either side of a single Centre back is a good idea against one of the best sides in the world.

Add to that the fact hes playing another 2 full backs in midfield alongside a 17 year old kid.

I want to give Giggs a chance but his team selection tonight is a absolute joke.

Gunter and Davies have played a lot in a back 3 especially for Wales, not to much of a concern in that.

It's a friendly, time to try new things. Problem is Spain are a class act.
2blue2handle

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 pm

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Didn't say couldn't work a back 3 just that its not tonight all 3 goals were mainly having 3 defenders which allowed Spain to much room, and give giggs a bit of leeway as needs to use youngsters regardless of the quality of opposition and quality Spain is. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Didn't say couldn't work a back 3 just that its not tonight all 3 goals were mainly having 3 defenders which allowed Spain to much room, and give giggs a bit of leeway as needs to use youngsters regardless of the quality of opposition and quality Spain is. :old:

Experimenting with younsters is fine, but when you play this type of quality you need to have a solid experianced defensive base. Experiment going forward not defensively against spain.

If he wanted to try a new defence/formation out he should have played a lesser team whilst doing it.
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:39 pm

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Experimenting with younsters is fine, but when you play this type of quality you need to have a solid experianced defensive base. Experiment going forward not defensively against spain.

If he wanted to try a new defence/formation out he should have played a lesser team whilst doing it.

Totally agree but now there are less friendlies due to nations cup so have to play who we can? But must say 2nd half lot better and deserved the goal so to me not a waste of time and no need to castgate giggs for trying different ways ready for serious games :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 pm

4-1 and plenty learned ready for the important games.

Obviously not first 11 but lessons learnt. Looking forward to the Ireland game now.
2blue2handle

Postby snoopystorm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:4-1 and plenty learned ready for the important games.

Obviously not first 11 but lessons learnt. Looking forward to the Ireland game now.

Biggest lesson to be taken from that from on the pitch is we can’t play on a rugby pitch
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Return to General Chat