Giggs out!!!!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Giggs out!!!!

Postby Bananas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Just so detached from Wales and the supporters. Just go now.
Bananas

Giggs out!!!!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Giggs out!!!!

Postby Ninianman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Playing Declan John who's had 30 minutes of 1st team football under his belt this season is shocking
Ninianman

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Vokes up front against a team who dominate the ball. No pace up front to hit them on the break. Declan John thrown in who hasn't started a competitive game at Championship Swansea. We got further than Spain in Euro 2016 only 2 years ago. How much further backwards will Giggs take us? We would have been much more competitive under Coleman tonight imo.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby thomasblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Vokes up front against a team who dominate the ball. No pace up front to hit them on the break. Declan John thrown in who hasn't started a competitive game at Championship Swansea. We got further than Spain in Euro 2016 only 2 years ago. How much further backwards will Giggs take us? We would have been much more competitive under Coleman tonight imo.

Any manager who thinks playing 4 full backs and 1 centre back against one of the best teams in the world at passing the ball is just showing he is out of his depth at this level.
thomasblue

Postby Birminghamnewby27 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Too early to judge Ryan Giggs ....Spain just battered Croatia 6-0 so we weren't expecting anything special tonight ...I still prefer the Mill stadium to ccs .. Love the atmosphere in town before a game and you virtually walk out of the pubs /restaurants into the ground instead of tedious walk to ccs :) ... But we do need to ramp up the atmosphere in mill stad I agree with that
Birminghamnewby27

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 pm

It is friendly and need to experiment a bit! judge on proper games remember Ireland game ? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Bananas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:It is friendly and need to experiment a bit! judge on proper games remember Ireland game ? :roll:

Yes when Scummy Ireland had half a team. GIGGS OUT ASAP
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Birminghamnewby27 wrote:Too early to judge Ryan Giggs ....Spain just battered Croatia 6-0 so we weren't expecting anything special tonight ...I still prefer the Mill stadium to ccs .. Love the atmosphere in town before a game and you virtually walk out of the pubs /restaurants into the ground instead of tedious walk to ccs :) ... But we do need to ramp up the atmosphere in mill stad I agree with that

It's a rugby stadium with a shocking rugby atmosphere. The CCS is 100 times better.
Bananas

Postby Ninianman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:23 pm

I want to switch off and go to bed but something inside me says wait for the Giggs post match interview
Ninianman

Postby avondaleblue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Birminghamnewby27 wrote:Too early to judge Ryan Giggs ....Spain just battered Croatia 6-0 so we weren't expecting anything special tonight ...I still prefer the Mill stadium to ccs .. Love the atmosphere in town before a game and you virtually walk out of the pubs /restaurants into the ground instead of tedious walk to ccs :) ... But we do need to ramp up the atmosphere in mill stad I agree with that

Trouble is there's not much point having a fabulous atmosphere outside the stadium, you need it INSIDE to cheer the team on ffs :banghead:
avondaleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:48 pm

avondaleblue wrote:

Trouble is there's not much point having a fabulous atmosphere outside the stadium, you need it INSIDE to cheer the team on ffs :banghead:

It's same if half full for rugby it needs 70k+ to have atmosphere we can associate with at ccs :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Vokes up front against a team who dominate the ball. No pace up front to hit them on the break. Declan John thrown in who hasn't started a competitive game at Championship Swansea. We got further than Spain in Euro 2016 only 2 years ago. How much further backwards will Giggs take us? We would have been much more competitive under Coleman tonight imo.

Your totally deluded if you have ever thought we are better then Spain or have been better then Spain.

Us getting to the euros semis is the same as England getting to the World Cup semis. Neither us or them were in the top four best teams in the competition.

Gone backwards for f**k sake :lol:

Some people on here are absolutely crazy.
Llan_Blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Spain recently beat croatia 6-0 to put it into perspective croatia we're world Cup finalists in a tournemeng we couldn't even qualify for under Coleman. If anyone set us back in the last year or so its Coleman who got lazy and complacent despite being top seeds.
2blue2handle

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

Your totally deluded if you have ever thought we are better then Spain or have been better then Spain.

Us getting to the euros semis is the same as England getting to the World Cup semis. Neither us or them were in the top four best teams in the competition.

Where did I say we are better than Spain? We would have at least been competitive if Coleman was still in charge. Tonights performance reminded me of the Bobby Gould days before Brooks came on to lift us!
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Birminghamnewby27 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 pm

avondaleblue wrote:

Read my post I said we do need to ramp up atmosphere in mill stadium !
Birminghamnewby27

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Where did I say we are better than Spain? We would have at least been competitive if Coleman was still in charge. Tonights performance reminded me of the Bobby Gould days before Brooks came on to lift us!

Spain beat Croatia 6-0 mate.

Stop talking out your ass.

Croatia are miles ahead of us as well.
Llan_Blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 pm

Hardly as if Coleman didn't get some thrashing either at the hands at much lesser opponents.
2blue2handle

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Where did I say we are better than Spain? We would have at least been competitive if Coleman was still in charge. Tonight's performance reminded me of the Bobby Gould days before Brooks came on to lift us!

I know Spain beat Croatia 6-0 and Croatia are currently miles ahead of us, although we got further than Croatia in Euro 2016 as well (that doesn't mean I'm saying we are better than Croatia).

I find you genuinely fail to grasp many points people make on this forum and you jump to your own absurd conclusions before trying (and more often than not failing), to ridicule the poster.

1) I never said we are better than Spain.
2) I said tonight's performance was a backwards step in comparison to our performances leading up to and within Euro 2016, a tournament where we got further than Spain and at that point, I think we could have competed with Spain if we played them.
3) Again, that doesn't mean I'm saying we are better than Spain.

How is my point so difficult for you to grasp? :?
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby nubbsy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 pm

I agree with what you're saying but are you honestly implying that because we got further than them in the euros we were better than them?

Come on theres probably not a time in the last 10 years where they couldn't have easily put 4 goals past us.
nubbsy

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:47 pm

nubbsy wrote:

I agree with what you're saying but are you honestly implying that because we got further than them in the euros we were better than them?

Come on theres probably not a time in the last 10 years where they couldn't have easily put 4 goals past us.

As I said above, I never said we have ever been better than Spain. I'm just saying during our Euro 2016 period, we were performing at a much superior level to our performance tonight. During Euro 2016, I'm not saying we would have beaten Spain if we got drawn against them, but we would have competed and given them a hell of a game.

Tonight's performance in comparison to the levels we reached during Euro 2016 was a massive backward step in my opinion. But of course, the stadium selection and Giggs' starting line up and tactics didn't help us one bit.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

As I said above, I never said we have ever been better than Spain. I'm just saying during our Euro 2016 period, we were performing at a much superior level to our performance tonight. During Euro 2016, I'm not saying we would have beaten Spain if we got drawn against them, but we would have competed and given them a hell of a game.

Tonight's performance in comparison to the levels we reached during Euro 2016 was a massive backward step in my opinion. But of course, the stadium selection and Giggs' starting line up and tactics didn't help us one bit.

How can you compare euro's to a friendly game? It was just an opportunity to try new players and formation and hopefully he will know bit more about his players ? There are very limited opportunities now to play friendlies and to experiment due to nations cup so tonight cannot be taken as giggs being crap ect ect as some suggest :old:
pembroke allan

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 pm

I think people are being a bit unrealistic about all this actually. Wales is a small place with a small population to find players out of. They've often done really well and punched above their weight but they can't buy in players or anything like that.
Some recent performances have been really good but you can't expect them to compete regularly with the big footballing countries.

Don't think it makes all that much difference who the manage is actually. Whoever he is, he isn't going to be working with the players often enough to form them into a unit. Just enjoy it when they do well and cheer them on to do their best.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:26 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Where did I say we are better than Spain? We would have at least been competitive if Coleman was still in charge. Tonight's performance reminded me of the Bobby Gould days before Brooks came on to lift us!

I know Spain beat Croatia 6-0 and Croatia are currently miles ahead of us, although we got further than Croatia in Euro 2016 as well (that doesn't mean I'm saying we are better than Croatia).

I find you genuinely fail to grasp many points people make on this forum and you jump to your own absurd conclusions before trying (and more often than not failing), to ridicule the poster.

1) I never said we are better than Spain.
2) I said tonight's performance was a backwards step in comparison to our performances leading up to and within Euro 2016, a tournament where we got further than Spain and at that point, I think we could have competed with Spain if we played them.
3) Again, that doesn't mean I'm saying we are better than Spain.

How is my point so difficult for you to grasp? :?

we lost 3 and drew 1 of the 4 friendlies going in to the Euros..3-0 to Sweden. and if honest we were not exactly on fire towards the tail end of the qualification campaign..beat Cyprus 1-0..lost to Bosnia..drew with Israel and made hard work of beating Andorra...
and after the Euros drew 5 out of 6 games against some pretty ordinary {in the grand scheme of things } opponents only beating Moldova

to base everything on 4 games in France { the ones we won } 2 years ago is insane.
it was the best time of my football supporting life but we were very ordinary prior to it and have been since.

im just so grateful i was there and that purple patch happened at precisely the right time.

your post suggests it was..far more than that..think your wrong.
dogfound

Postby Bluesman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:02 am

Was Gigs there. It was a friendly.
Bluesman

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 am

It looked like a friendly

We wuz skooled by a passing side

Kidz throw their toys out on a forum

Blame culture

Repeat :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby nubbsy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:07 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Mate it wasn't a huge competition though was it. It was a friendly, so hardly comparable. Pretty sure we had some absolute howlers under coleman
nubbsy

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:17 am

Why compare 2016? 2 years is a long time in international football. Compare to the last tournament while Coleman managed and then you can talk about a huge backwards step, we were awful and failed despite being top seeds.

Time to give Giggs a chance rather than throwing toys out the pram because of a friendly result where we tried something new against one of the best in the world.
2blue2handle

Postby Cardiff dyskinesia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:23 am

Bananas wrote:Just so detached from Wales and the supporters. Just go now.

Exactly the sort of rubbish Speed & Coleman had to put up with when they were establishing their presence as national managers
Cardiff dyskinesia

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:58 am

Bluesman wrote:Was Gigs there. It was a friendly.

You expect to get a laugh out of that? Move on it’s been done to death.

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:00 am

To all the drama queens out there ... it was a friendly, a few days before a ‘big’ game.
At least give Giggs a chance and if he fails so be it.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Next

Return to General Chat