We have to beat Fulham

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We have to beat Fulham

Postby Dahboy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Don't care about you guys who continue to think we are doing fine and playing well etc etc. Simple we don't win against Fulham we are down.
Dahboy

We have to beat Fulham

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: We have to beat Fulham

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:42 pm

True but keep the faith mate :bluescarf:
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby Dahboy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:49 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:True but keep the faith mate :bluescarf:

My faith ends after the Fulham game :lol:
Dahboy

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:54 pm

We had to beat Burnley :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Dahboy wrote:Don't care about you guys who continue to think we are doing fine and playing well etc etc. Simple we don't win against Fulham we are down.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200996 :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Dahboy wrote:Don't care about you guys who continue to think we are doing fine and playing well etc etc. Simple we don't win against Fulham we are down.

I don't often predict things but I do predict this will not be the last..
we have to beat { whoever } thread from you this season no matter how we get on against Fulham.
dogfound

Postby Kingyccfc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:43 pm

dogfound wrote:

I don't often predict things but I do predict this will not be the last..
we have to beat { whoever } thread from you this season no matter how we get on against Fulham.

The longer we go without winning I suppose some fans will expect or think we should against our weakest opponents. The players and management no doubt target certain fixtures for points. Given our position the op should be expecting a victory here. We gotta start sooner rather than later mate. I hope we can, even for Warnock to say up yours to everybody that's doubting him, even me.
Then improve and do it again
Kingyccfc

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Dahboy wrote:
HARRYccfc1927 wrote:True but keep the faith mate :bluescarf:

My faith ends after the Fulham game :lol:

Your faith ended a long time ago. You are a proper turncoat.
maccydee

Postby thomasblue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:00 pm

We are about 2 points lower than where i thought we would be at this point in the season.

At the start of the season i never expected anything from :

Man city
Arsenal
Tottenham
Chelsea
Burnley
Bournemouth

I expected to beat Huddersfield and hoped for something against Newcastle.

Out points will come from the bottom half teams:

Huddersfield
Brighton
Fulham
Watford
Newcastle
West Ham
Crysyal Palace
Southampton
Leicester

We need to beat all of these teams at least once this season to give us around 30 points

Add in a few unexpected draws and the odd win elsewhere and survival is possible.

We are not far off given the teams we have played who most of will finish top half or top 6.

Fulham home is a huge game, not must win but must get something and must not lose.

Once we get that first win i believe November/December/January when we play the lower table teams is when our season will be decided.
thomasblue

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm

thomasblue wrote:We are about 2 points lower than where i thought we would be at this point in the season.

At the start of the season i never expected anything from :

Man city
Arsenal
Tottenham
Chelsea
Burnley
Bournemouth

I expected to beat Huddersfield and hoped for something against Newcastle.

Out points will come from the bottom half teams:

Huddersfield
Brighton
Fulham
Watford
Newcastle
West Ham
Crysyal Palace
Southampton
Leicester

We need to beat all of these teams at least once this season to give us around 30 points

Add in a few unexpected draws and the odd win elsewhere and survival is possible.

We are not far off given the teams we have played who most of will finish top half or top 6.

Fulham home is a huge game, not must win but must get something and must not lose.

Once we get that first win i believe November/December/January when we play the lower table teams is when our season will be decided.

A pretty fair assessment could be record low for staying up the gap from the top to the bottom is growing, I can see at least four teams from that list and us on very low points at the end of the season.

To have any hope of staying up we need a win very soon, Fulham are beatable, we just need to do a job on Mitrovic !!!
Bluebina

Postby Steve the Tea TM (c) » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:30 pm

I've got news for you all we need to beat every bottom 10 team at home and get a draw off them when playing them away to get 40 points this season. We needed to have got:

Bournemouth (a) ... 1 pt
Newcastle (h) ... 3 pts
Huddersfield (a) ... 1 pt
Burnley (h) ... 3 pts

We are already 6 pts adrift of that target. Those are the facts.

StT. <><
Steve the Tea TM (c)

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:38 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:I've got news for you all we need to beat every bottom 10 team at home and get a draw off them when playing them away to get 40 points this season. We needed to have got:

Bournemouth (a) ... 1 pt
Newcastle (h) ... 3 pts
Burnley (h) ... 3 pts

StT. <><

Facts, yes. But hardly news. Allrhough, we can afford loosing points as long as we aquiere it somewhere else.
Both highly unlikely, but don’t forget! We are here for “the ride”, so we can go back to dream of being where we are now. Ironically enough.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby Kingyccfc » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:I've got news for you all we need to beat every bottom 10 team at home and get a draw off them when playing them away to get 40 points this season. We needed to have got:

Bournemouth (a) ... 1 pt
Newcastle (h) ... 3 pts
Burnley (h) ... 3 pts

StT. <><

Steve you might not know me by name, but I have spoken to you dozens of times over the years. You usually are pretty positive about all things City. So are you happy with things right now?
Kingyccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Bournemouth (a) ... 1 pt
Newcastle (h) ... 3 pts
Burnley (h) ... 3 pts

StT. <><

It's not only about us you musnt forget other clubs will have same problems so its not over until the fat footballer sings! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Re: We have to beat Fulham [FAO Kingyccfc]

Postby Steve the Tea TM (c) » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:11 pm

"Steve you might not know me by name, but I have spoken to you dozens of times over the years. You usually are pretty positive about all things City. So are you happy with things right now?"

Hi again,

I try to be positive but I also try not to let an emotional attachment to City get in the way of making a realistic assessment of City 2018-19.

Warnock, remarkably, got us punching well above our weight to get us promoted. Once a PL team I believe we needed to have prepared accordingly. The amount spent this summer (and on Championship players) was never going to move us a tremendous amount forward to becoming a PL club. I feel sorry for Warnock in that after doing so well last season he has not really been backed in the transfer market. A princely sum of £28m would just about get you one above average PL player. That said it perplexed me that our manager has said he was happy with that budget.

There seems to be generally two camps of City fans:
- those who are almost suicidal and predicting City will be down by Christmas and
- those who are almost delusional and say, 'Enjoy it.'

I am neither suicidal or delusional. However what is disturbing is that when fans seek to give an honest appraisal of the situation there is a reaction directed to them of being, 'negative.' This City fan has had far more opportunity to be negative, if I wanted to, during my 60 years following the Bluebirds.

My over-riding feeling as I write is one of great sadness that an opportunity has not been grasped and Warnock, admittedly limited by PL standards, has not been able to have a go due to a limited transfer budget.

Whilst spending money will not guarantee success; not spending money will guarantee you failure at PL level; however it must be said spending money wisely will give you every opportunity of success.

StT.
<><
Steve the Tea TM (c)

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:"Steve you might not know me by name, but I have spoken to you dozens of times over the years. You usually are pretty positive about all things City. So are you happy with things right now?"

Hi again,

I try to be positive but I also try not to let an emotional attachment to City get in the way of making a realistic assessment of City 2018-19.

Warnock, remarkably, got us punching well above our weight to get us promoted. Once a PL team I believe we needed to have prepared accordingly. The amount spent this summer (and on Championship players) was never going to move us a tremendous amount forward to becoming a PL club. I feel sorry for Warnock in that after doing so well last season he has not really been backed in the transfer market. A princely sum of £28m would just about get you one above average PL player. That said it perplexed me that our manager has said he was happy with that budget.

- those who are almost suicidal and predicting City will be down by Christmas and

I am neither suicidal or delusional. However what is disturbing is that when fans seek to give an honest appraisal of the situation there is a reaction directed to them of being, 'negative.' This City fan has had far more opportunity to be negative, if I wanted to, during my 60 years following the Bluebirds.

My over-riding feeling as I write is one of great sadness that an opportunity has not been grasped and Warnock, admittedly limited by PL standards, has not been able to have a go due to a limited transfer budget.

Whilst spending money will not guarantee success; not spending money will guarantee you failure at PL level; however it must be said spending money wisely will give you every opportunity of success.

StT.
<><

Excellent post mate. I completely agree with your points here. The point of an opportunity has not been grasped is the perfect description of these matters.
Both Warnock but mainly Tan are culpable in not preparing us for a realistic survival bid. This league is ruthless, experience at this level is needed. We don't have it on and off the pitch.
Kingyccfc

Postby thomasblue » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:55 am

Bournemouth (a) ... 1 pt
Newcastle (h) ... 3 pts
Burnley (h) ... 3 pts

StT. <><

Bournemouth and Burnley are both top 10 teams.

Burnley finished 7th last season and made Europe.
Bournemouth only lost out on a top 10 finish on goal-difference.
Newcastle also finished top half.
I wouldnt have expected anything from those games.
The only team we needed to beat so far was Huddersfield

We have had a very tough start playing 6 of last seasons top 10 in our first 8 games.
thomasblue

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Bournemouth (a) ... 1 pt
Newcastle (h) ... 3 pts
Burnley (h) ... 3 pts

StT. <><

It's not only about us you musnt forget other clubs will have same problems so its not over until the fat footballer sings! :laughing6:

That's why he kept tomlin :laughing5:
bluesince62

Postby City Slicker » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:"Steve you might not know me by name, but I have spoken to you dozens of times over the years. You usually are pretty positive about all things City. So are you happy with things right now?"

Hi again,

StT.
<><

Excellent post and spot on Steve :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Bournemouth (a) ... 1 pt
Newcastle (h) ... 3 pts
Burnley (h) ... 3 pts

StT. <><

that's not really how football works.
the facts are NO club has ever avoided the drop purely on points gained against the bottom half..
Palace looked doomed season before last then went on a run and escaped eventually picking up 49% of their total points against top half clubs..

the year before winning the title Leicester pulled off a great escape picking up a 1/3 rd of their points against top half clubs...
and who is to say some of those clubs youve mentioned might not be bottom 10 clubs..

facts are facts...not things you squeeze in to make a point.
dogfound

Postby Bluebina » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:00 pm

We do really, no more time for conceding soft goals, we have to keep a clean sheet and go for it !!!
Bluebina

Postby angelis1949 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:26 pm

We have to beat Fulham full stop.....
angelis1949

Return to General Chat