" Any Gem Strikers From Abroad? "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Anyone know of any gems from abroad who could be the man for us upfront to sign in january? Whos with in our budget?

More likely to get more bang for our buck shopping abroad rather on these shores surely?
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Any Gem Strikers From Abroad?

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Ive just found munas dabbur israeli striker worth 11.25m on transfermarkt, currently top scorer in the europa league and top scorer in the australian bundesliga. Go get him sir neil.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Re: " Any Gem Strikers From Abroad? "

Postby Lengee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

I am more concerned to maximise points over the next few weeks. The chances of finding a couple of players in January to completely change our season are minimal.
I said go for Abrahams when we got promoted. Later it transpired that Warnock was trying to get him But failed :( He went to Aston Villa :shock:

BUT I guess it's fun to come up with suggestions. We are are more likely to get value abroad. I'll throw in someone like....ENES UNAL. Young physical, wins headers and might suit our style of play.

However, I think that creating enough chances is a bigger problem - in fairness to Zahore and others, they are feeding off scraps.

Getting Mendez Laing back will be like having a new striker and a big boost :thumbup: He and Murphy can create more chances with their pace. I'd also be tempted to get Rhys Healey back. He's the only City forward scoring goals.... albeit for MK Dons! :thumbup: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Lengee wrote:I am more concerned to maximise points over the next few weeks. The chances of finding a couple of players in January to completely change our season are minimal.
I said go for Abrahams when we got promoted. Later it transpired that Warnock was trying to get him But failed :( He went to Aston Villa :shock:

BUT I guess it's fun to come up with suggestions. We are are more likely to get value abroad. I'll throw in someone like....ENES UNAL. Young physical, wins headers and might suit our style of play.

However, I think that creating enough chances is a bigger problem - in fairness to Zahore and others, they are feeding off scraps.

Getting Mendez Laing back will be like having a new striker and a big boost :thumbup: He and Murphy can create more chances with their pace. I'd also be tempted to get Rhys Healey back. He's the only City forward scoring goals.... albeit for MK Dons! :thumbup: :bluebird:

Yes mendez laing and murphy out wide sounds very good and we could be a lot more dangerous in attack, when is he back anyone know? Camarassa could move inside to a 10 role then and that would have enough pace out wide and creativity in the 10 role for us to create for whoevers up front then. Trouble is with zohore madine and ward is they are not clinical enough finishers to feed off the scraps and put the ball in the net. We need a clinical finisher who can put the little chances we get in the net when it comes. I get the feeling maupay could be a good fit for us mind
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Jones_1994 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Josef Martinez ,25, Atlanta United (5.85M Transf Mkt).
He's bagging them in for fun in MLS, could be worth a punt. :occasion5:
Jones_1994

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:28 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
Lengee wrote:I am more concerned to maximise points over the next few weeks. The chances of finding a couple of players in January to completely change our season are minimal.

Yes mendez laing and murphy out wide sounds very good and we could be a lot more dangerous in attack, when is he back anyone know? Camarassa could move inside to a 10 role then and that would have enough pace out wide and creativity in the 10 role for us to create for whoevers up front then. Trouble is with zohore madine and ward is they are not clinical enough finishers to feed off the scraps and put the ball in the net. We need a clinical finisher who can put the little chances we get in the net when it comes. I get the feeling maupay could be a good fit for us mind

Step forward Jermaine Defoe. :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby T1JMO » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:52 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Good idea, we can wheel him out on the pitch and hand him a zimmer...
T1JMO

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:14 pm

T1JMO wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Good idea, we can wheel him out on the pitch and hand him a zimmer...

Plonk him on the penalty spot and he'll do the rest :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby ajbr14 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Jones_1994 wrote:Josef Martinez ,25, Atlanta United (5.85M Transf Mkt).

He’d probably cost 20-25m at least and has already been linked with big European Clubs, along with his teammate Miguel Almiron. Can’t see City finding any gems due to Warnock’s lack of knowledge of non-british players and our poor scouting network. Personally, I’d go back in for Finbogasson but doubt he’d come to us, especially if it looks like we’re going down.
ajbr14

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 pm

ajbr14 wrote:

He’d probably cost 20-25m at least and has already been linked with big European Clubs, along with his teammate Miguel Almiron. Can’t see City finding any gems due to Warnock’s lack of knowledge of non-british players and our poor scouting network. Personally, I’d go back in for Finbogasson but doubt he’d come to us, especially if it looks like we’re going down.

Dont think you can count out foreign players or say warnock hasent got any knowledge of them, look at victor camarasa for a start, very good player too. And apparently warnock wanted and enquired about jefferson lerma before bournemouth signed him, but apparently was too expensive for us. Finbogosson would be a good shout yes. Id like us to sign 2 strikers really.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:31 pm

Emiliano Sala

Plays for my second team FC Nantes in Ligue 1.

10 goals so far, he's the highest scoring Argentinian in football so far above Messi haha
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby maltablue » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:04 pm

Agree with Caerphilly Defoe would be a great shout guaranteeing him 1st team football would be tempting.
Just read an article in the mail which said Zlatan made 1.1 million over 27 games in America that can not be right surely if so offer him 1 mill for jan to march, i,d be suprised if it,s right thou.
maltablue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:23 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

Dont think you can count out foreign players or say warnock hasent got any knowledge of them, look at victor camarasa for a start, very good player too. And apparently warnock wanted and enquired about jefferson lerma before bournemouth signed him, but apparently was too expensive for us. Finbogosson would be a good shout yes. Id like us to sign 2 strikers really.

2 Strikers? now you're really pissing in the wind
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby phildavies » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:40 pm

These threads always amuse me with how unrealistic some of the choices are anyway here’s a few suggestions from me

Ayoub El Kaabi
Sebastien Haller
Emiliano Sala
Nemanja Nikolić
Nils Peterson
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm

phildavies wrote:These threads always amuse me with how unrealistic some of the choices are anyway here’s a few suggestions from me

Ayoub El Kaabi
Sebastien Haller
Emiliano Sala
Nemanja Nikolić
Nils Peterson

Where is Messi & bale in the list ? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:02 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

2 Strikers? now you're really pissing in the wind

One on loan and one for money. Or one for a cheap bargain gamble and another for tidy money.

We need 2 new strikers really because none on our books are currently up to it, competition for places and if one didnt come off or come good maybe the other would. Thats my thinking anyway and what i would do.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Llantwit Blue » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:31 pm

I still think Warnock should sit Camarasa down and ask him who he thinks we could tap up in the Spanish league and bring in on loan.

He is bound to know of a striker/strikers who may be not getting a game not in the first team squad there is so much talent in the Spanish league and for years Swansea did well out of it.

Offer a loan spell with the carrot being you bang the goals in and keep us up you will get EX amount of bonus.

Victor could tell him how wonderful a club and supporters we have and how he loves life in Cardiff.

Certainly better value than what we will find or be able to afford in the English leagues.
Llantwit Blue

Postby Kypros ble » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Matt Derbyshire?? Been top goals scorer over here the past 2 seasons and he’s played under Warnock before at Rotherham. Cheeky little loan bid maybe.
Kypros ble

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:I still think Warnock should sit Camarasa down and ask him who he thinks we could tap up in the Spanish league and bring in on loan.

He is bound to know of a striker/strikers who may be not getting a game not in the first team squad there is so much talent in the Spanish league and for years Swansea did well out of it.

Offer a loan spell with the carrot being you bang the goals in and keep us up you will get EX amount of bonus.

Victor could tell him how wonderful a club and supporters we have and how he loves life in Cardiff.

Certainly better value than what we will find or be able to afford in the English leagues.

This isn't actually a bad idea
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby actionman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Kenwynn Jones would be perfect in this team
actionman

Postby dogfound » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:13 pm

ajbr14 wrote:

ive read this comment about Warnock not having any knowledge of players outside of the UK and our poor scouting network before..is this fact or something that just fits with a general opinion of him being old school .?
dogfound

Postby TAP_Sheep » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:55 am

dogfound wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

ive read this comment about Warnock not having any knowledge of players outside of the UK and our poor scouting network before..is this fact or something that just fits with a general opinion of him being old school .?

I could be wrong but can only think of 2 players he's signed from abroad. Damour and Camarasa. Damour cost nothing and was on small wages so has done well based on value. And Camarasa looks a hell of a player. We obviously don't scout much abroad.
TAP_Sheep

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:25 am

I've been saying for years we should be tapping into the Spanish market. So much talent in that country it's unreal. Saying that's there's alot of talent in South Wales too!
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby TAP_Sheep » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:32 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I've been saying for years we should be tapping into the Spanish market. So much talent in that country it's unreal. Saying that's there's alot of talent in South Wales too!

Like most of the foreign market (most notably French, Spanish) it's a bit 50/50. It's tough to transition into the Premier League from La Liga. It's a cliche but the physicality of the Premier League is considerably higher. Players like Suso, Iago Aspas, Depay, Cuadrado, etc. (many more but these are most high profile and recent) were p*ss poor in the Prem but are tearing it up abroad.
TAP_Sheep

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:26 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

I could be wrong but can only think of 2 players he's signed from abroad. Damour and Camarasa. Damour cost nothing and was on small wages so has done well based on value. And Camarasa looks a hell of a player. We obviously don't scout much abroad.

He said he wanted to sign jefferson lerma too
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby TAP_Sheep » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:53 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ajbr14 wrote:

He said he wanted to sign jefferson lerma too

Don't know how he scouted him but wasn't much talk of him prior to the World Cup so fairly certain he was spotted from that but I really couldn't tell you. We obviously didn't scout him extensively if we were going to bid £5m for him and Bournemouth signed him for like £25m. Bit naive.
TAP_Sheep

Postby maccydee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
phildavies wrote:These threads always amuse me with how unrealistic some of the choices are anyway here’s a few suggestions from me

Ayoub El Kaabi
Sebastien Haller
Emiliano Sala
Nemanja Nikolić
Nils Peterson

Where is Messi & bale in the list ? :laughing6:

Look for a post from Sam Rean linking us to them.
maccydee

Postby riley1951 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Not abroad but been wondering about Chris Woods at Burnley, was he at Leeds same time as Mr Warnock
riley1951

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:23 pm

riley1951 wrote:Not abroad but been wondering about Chris Woods at Burnley, was he at Leeds same time as Mr Warnock

Nope, Warnock 2 years before
TAP_Sheep

Postby aberdare-blue » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:44 pm

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2018/11/ ... uka-jovic/

Just seen this on a football page on Facebook that Liverpool are looking at 20 year old serb luka jovic who has 9 goals in bundesliga with Frankfurt this season on loan from benfica but option to buy for 5.3mill. Could be a option as I doubt Liverpool r seriously looking at him, but a big strong striker with eye for goal maybe s shout and cheap too. Think bundesliga is best place to look for a young quality player for good price outside Dortmund and Munich

:bluescarf:
aberdare-blue

Next

Return to General Chat