“ Pressure on Neil Warnock “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 pm

Should there be pressure on Neil Warnock?

F9B8E13F-ECBA-4F27-A5A2-40C0C720DD11.jpeg
F9B8E13F-ECBA-4F27-A5A2-40C0C720DD11.jpeg (33.05 KiB) Viewed 5338 times

Cardiff City are now second from bottom in the Premier League and level on points with bottom-placed Fulham.

So should there be pressure on Neil Warnock?

We have won just one out of our eleven league fixtures so far.

The bookies don’t seem to think there is any immediate pressure on our manager.

Neil Warnock is 14/1 to be sacked.

NEXT PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER TO LEAVE ODDS

Slavisa Jokanovic (Fulham) - 4/6
Mark Hughes (Southampton) - 3/1
Jose Mourinho (Man Utd) - 10/1
Mauricio Pochettino (Tottenham) - 10/1
Neil Warnock (Cardiff City) - 14/1
Rafa Benitez (Newcastle) - 16/1
Claude Puel (Leicester City) - 25/1
Roy Hodgson (Crystal Palace) - 25/1
Manuel Pellegrini (West Ham) - 33/1
Sean Dyche (Burnley) - 33/1
David Wagner (Huddersfield) - 40/1
Javi Gracia (Watford) - 50/1
Nuno Espirito Santo (Wolves) - 50/1
Marco Silva (Everton) - 66/1
Chris Hughton (Brighton & Hove Albion) - 66/1
Eddie Howe (AFC Bournemouth) - 66/1
Maurizio Sarri (Chelsea) - 100/1
Unai Emery (Arsenal) - 100/1
Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) - 250/1
Pep Guardiola (Man City) - 250/1

26F00A75-840F-49E5-B451-1323EC857E3C.jpeg
26F00A75-840F-49E5-B451-1323EC857E3C.jpeg (317.06 KiB) Viewed 5340 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Should there be pressure on Neil Warnock? “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Started this topic because I’ve seen a fair few on here and on social media suggesting that Warnock should be replaced.

I totally disagree because I don’t think anyone, within our budget, could do a better job with this group of players - and the squad are still giving 100% for the manager.

He could still keep us up. We are only one point off safety after eleven games, despite just having one win. Many thought we’d be further adrift than that by now, especially giving our first few fixtures.

No doubt the match on Saturday is huge. Things could look a whole lot better before the international break after that match.

But I can’t see any upside in Warnock leaving right now.

I’d be more worried if I was a Fulham fan right now, giving the money they were throwing around in the summer.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Re: “ Pressure on Neil Warnock “

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:13 am

Just looking at the list and the only 2 managers that will become available before Christmas would be Mark Hughes and possibly Rafa Benitez and neither of them would manage to do the job NW has and is doing.....
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:18 am

Unbelievable that fans can turn so quickly. Neil has done absolute miracles for the club. Promoted to the premier league with limited resources against all odds. If we were to be relegated ( I 100% believe we are staying up) like mentioned by someone else there is no better guy than warnock himself to get us back up again.

I think at the beginning of the season when Tan and Warnock had meetings to discuss futures that Neil would have been completely honest and said " look Vincent. It's highly likely that we are going to be relegated come the end of the season. I'm happy to sign a 2 year deal as the man to get us back up again. Expect a lot of losses on the way, but let's build a squad capable of coming back up by signing current players on long term deals and sign top players from the championship".

The money from promotion and possible parachute payments if we are relegated will and have helped the club more than we can imagine. This is a club with a long term plan, building for the future and doing it sustainably.

If we got rid of Warnock and brought in another manager and were still relegated there is no one better than Neil to get us back again.

As the best fanbase in the country we need to get behind the lads. We have had some brilliant performances but just need a little rub of the green. Our luck can't go against us forever. We also can't rely on the January sales to keep us up as it takes time for players to settle. The squad we have is going to be the core of our results this season. We will be in a relegation battle all season and it was never going to be easy so let's stop calling for warnocks head and give him and the squad the support they need.

Believe and never give up bluebirds.
Bambasbestbuddy22

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:06 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Unbelievable that fans can turn so quickly. Neil has done absolute miracles for the club. Promoted to the premier league with limited resources against all odds. If we were to be relegated ( I 100% believe we are staying up) like mentioned by someone else there is no better guy than warnock himself to get us back up again.

I think at the beginning of the season when Tan and Warnock had meetings to discuss futures that Neil would have been completely honest and said " look Vincent. It's highly likely that we are going to be relegated come the end of the season. I'm happy to sign a 2 year deal as the man to get us back up again. Expect a lot of losses on the way, but let's build a squad capable of coming back up by signing current players on long term deals and sign top players from the championship".

The money from promotion and possible parachute payments if we are relegated will and have helped the club more than we can imagine. This is a club with a long term plan, building for the future and doing it sustainably.

If we got rid of Warnock and brought in another manager and were still relegated there is no one better than Neil to get
As the best fanbase in the country we need to get behind the lads. We have had some brilliant performances but just need a little rub of the green. Our luck can't go against us forever. We also can't rely on the January sales to keep us up as it takes time for players to settle. The squad we have is going to be the core of our results this season. We will be in a relegation battle all season and it was never going to be easy so let's stop calling for warnocks head and give him and the squad the support they need.

Believe and never give up bluebirds.

Well said :notworthy: keep the faith,and if you're still a bit low,go over to friends of fulham,for a rip roaring laugh a minute :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby Welshman in CA » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 am

Thought it with Malky last time & still have the same view with Warnock this time, should be given the whole season regardless of results. It's not like we're getting hammered 6-0 every week.
Welshman in CA

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:00 am

Welshman in CA wrote:Thought it with Malky last time & still have the same view with Warnock this time, should be given the whole season regardless of results. It's not like we're getting hammered 6-0 every week.

Exactly stays with us hopefully stay up NW next season as well to get us back up :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:55 am

I honestly believe that if we’re relegated and NW leaves the next manager will struggle with the budget, the players and Tan, we’ll struggle in the Championship and may be mid-table or in relegation battle, it would take us a couple of seasons AND a couple of managers before we got back to the Prem

#InWarnockWeTrust
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 am

Whilst I am critical of our manager and rightly so this season, sacking him isn’t the answer. But, he can’t afford to have a poor window in jan, he has to address areas of the squad desperate for improvement. He says he hasn’t had a fair crack at managing in this division, well he is getting that now, so no I don’t think there is any pressure but he has to stop pushing square pegs in round holes.
Mr Potato

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 pm

The point is - When Warnock says,”We are not good enough to be in the Premier League”, those comments hardly inspire confidence throughout the club, he cannot keep on being negative, he must inspire belief with players and fans. If he keeps saying such comments as far as I’m concerned he has to go. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and as well as inconsistentency with team selection, and strange replacements off the bench , Warnock is starting to spread doubt and it’s not good for the club. Brighton will be the game that will be the desisive game for Warnock and the fans will hold Warnock to account.
Clubfortyfourer

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Ned, the worry for me is, only won win from 11 Prem games and it was against Fulham, plus the other 2 points v Newcastle/Huddersfield.

I will keep stressing even though some disagree, if we want to stay up, we have to beat clubs at home in the bottom half Brighton, Southampton, not a draws wins only :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Runman10m » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:44 pm

My biggest problem with the side is the type of football we are playing. It is park football , hump it up in the air to Patterson. Really not good enough .
Runman10m

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ned, the worry for me is, only won win from 11 Prem games and it was against Fulham, plus the other 2 points v Newcastle/Huddersfield.

I will keep stressing even though some disagree, if we want to stay up, we have to beat clubs at home in the bottom half Brighton, Southampton, not a draws wins only :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I think this is right.

The problem for me is that Warnock is now starting to make some strange decisions that don't seem to be helping.

He almost wrote off the Man City game by making 3 changes to the back four (1 positional) yet surely we should have used it as a game try things with little pressure ?
Why sub Arter on Saturday when we know he was suspended for Brighton so we could afford to run him into the ground ?
Why continue to play our best centre half, arguably best player, out of position at right back when our centre backs are certainly struggling ?
Why panic against Leicester when only one down with 15 minutes to go ? By putting Madine, Ward and Hoilett all on we lost shape and never looked like getting an equaliser. At one point Morrison was on the wing crossing for Bamba at centre forward !! That took me back to the bad old days of OGS :shock: :lol:
What has happened to Hoilett and Zohore ? Surely it's a motivational issue and calling somebody out in public (Zohore) isn't going to help ?
Is the constant "we shouldn't be here" mantra wearing a bit thin with you ? It is with me !?

I love Warnock and I'm not calling for his head, yet, but singing the fans praises at every opportunity shouldn't absolve himself of all accountability. I firmly believe that we have the players, and management team, to stay up as there are at least 3 teams worse than us. But to do that we need a change of attitude and to be more positive.
piledriver64

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:10 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ned, the worry for me is, only won win from 11 Prem games and it was against Fulham, plus the other 2 points v Newcastle/Huddersfield.

I think this is right.

The problem for me is that Warnock is now starting to make some strange decisions that don't seem to be helping.

He almost wrote off the Man City game by making 3 changes to the back four (1 positional) yet surely we should have used it as a game try things with little pressure ?
Why sub Arter on Saturday when we know he was suspended for Brighton so we could afford to run him into the ground ?
Why continue to play our best centre half, arguably best player, out of position at right back when our centre backs are certainly struggling ?
Why panic against Leicester when only one down with 15 minutes to go ? By putting Madine, Ward and Hoilett all on we lost shape and never looked like getting an equaliser. At one point Morrison was on the wing crossing for Bamba at centre forward !! That took me back to the bad old days of OGS :shock: :lol:
What has happened to Hoilett and Zohore ? Surely it's a motivational issue and calling somebody out in public (Zohore) isn't going to help ?
Is the constant "we shouldn't be here" mantra wearing a bit thin with you ? It is with me !?

I love Warnock and I'm not calling for his head, yet, but singing the fans praises at every opportunity shouldn't absolve himself of all accountability. I firmly believe that we have the players, and management team, to stay up as there are at least 3 teams worse than us. But to do that we need a change of attitude and to be more positive.

Pretty much how I see it.
2blue2handle

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Agree with that Annis. We have good opportunities to pick up points in the run up to Christmas but, as you say, they need to be wins.

Starting on Saturday. I think that’s a game we can and should win.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Danny Says » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Starting on Saturday. I think that’s a game we can and should win.

Er why?

What possible reason do you think a team with a leaky defence, a midfield shorn of Arter, and without a goalscoring centre forward and which has only won once this season "can and should win." :? :?

Brighton have shown they are a decent team at this level. Winning home games and the odd away win.

I'd aver that in fact it is a game that Brighton will realistically target as a game they "can and should win."
Danny Says

Postby Hopski » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Neil deserves a whole season to get things right, I can't believe the mutterings that he should go. however,I do question the coaching team's ability to give us something that works in the Prem. Every throw in within range of the box is a long throw, every corner is aimed at the big guys standing near the penalty spot, every free kick in opposition's half is a punt up to the big guys., all easily defended by teams who now know exactly what we do every match. Even Leicester nearly caught us out big time with a couple of well worked free kicks near the box.

Neil to stay but give him some additional backroom guys who have been there and done it. While on my soap box, when are we going to see some young talent emerge from our youth and development teams?
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Hopski

Postby dogfound » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:18 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Whilst I am critical of our manager and rightly so this season, sacking him isn’t the answer. But, he can’t afford to have a poor window in jan, he has to address areas of the squad desperate for improvement. He says he hasn’t had a fair crack at managing in this division, well he is getting that now, so no I don’t think there is any pressure but he has to stop pushing square pegs in round holes.

nobody was predicting we would go up even when we had been in the top 2 for months..
and pretty much every neutral predicts bottom place for us this year.
the budget was meagre
and he is having a fair crack....?
dogfound

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Agree with Piledriver and several others here. Warnock may not be totally serious when he makes comments about Salah helping himself to a few goals against us etc but what he says will sit at the back of his players minds and doubt may start to creep in.

As the man the players look up to start talking our chances up Neil and use the right words to give the boys confidence. Psychology is so important in sport. If you talk down even the most talented world beaters they would lose confidence too.
We're in the Prem on merit, let's be positive all the way. I can't think of any other promoted managerial rival talking down their teams chances (of survival).
I'm as realistic as the next man over City's prospects this season but it's so easy to talk us up rather than be negative (even though the negatives might end up ringing true).
Tuna Pasta Bake

Postby northernbluebird » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:30 pm

the problem we have is a lack of a decent right back, lack of a decent striker, and a general lack of discipline throughout the team. the lack of discipline is mainly because these are players who are not used to playing at this high level of football.

there shouldn't be pressure on warnock for me - i'd give him the season whatever happens. he has delivered a promotion that i don't think any other manager would have been able to do under the circumstances.

we are a poor team by PL standards, but there are teams down there with us that are also very poor / average, which means that despite the above, we are unlikely to be cut adrift by christmas.
northernbluebird

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I think any manager should be under pressure with the form we are on, the performance and work rate is there though.

I hate the whole 'No-one can do a better job under circumstances and with the squad we got' that is the biggest load of tosh.. any manager can come in and make a quick impact no matter the squad.. eg that Portuguese guy at Swansea he picked up results straight away all be it they did go down but to say another manager couldn't accumulate points is absloute nonsense and people are saying that in favour and being biased wanting Warnock to stay.

I think we should give him the full season no matter what happens but let him go if we go down then that way we don't have worry about going into a mess because the new manager could have a full pre season coming in which won't unsteady the club.

I didn't go Saturday so can't comment on how we played etc but in the home games and Spurs away I seen enough with a striker with experience we can actually stay up but we need to win ugly because we seem to be trying to win playing expansive and a way we don't usually associate with Cardiff.

I think Warnock gets away with a few things because of what he done since he first came in but I do think he should get the full season.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 pm

If we sacked warnock with the squad we got we will be good as down. The january window and warnock getting the best out of the below par premieship players in the same way he done last season is our only hope of staying up imo
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:29 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I think any manager should be under pressure with the form we are on, the performance and work rate is there though.

I hate the whole 'No-one can do a better job under circumstances and with the squad we got' that is the biggest load of tosh.. any manager can come in and make a quick impact no matter the squad.. eg that Portuguese guy at Swansea he picked up results straight away all be it they did go down but to say another manager couldn't accumulate points is absloute nonsense and people are saying that in favour and being biased wanting Warnock to stay.

I think we should give him the full season no matter what happens but let him go if we go down then that way we don't have worry about going into a mess because the new manager could have a full pre season coming in which won't unsteady the club.

I didn't go Saturday so can't comment on how we played etc but in the home games and Spurs away I seen enough with a striker with experience we can actually stay up but we need to win ugly because we seem to be trying to win playing expansive and a way we don't usually associate with Cardiff.

I think Warnock gets away with a few things because of what he done since he first came in but I do think he should get the full season.

Disagree with you there mate, didnt sean dyche keep his job when he got relegated with burnley, then he got them straight back up, and warnock would be our best bet to get promoted again imo in the sams fashion as burnley and sean dyche
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 pm

I agree that Warnock has made some strange decisions this season and giving negative statements is not helping and definitely not inspiring anyone.Wasn’t Warnock reluctantly persuaded to come back for one more season and he stated he wasn’t getting any younger, I think this his last season, even if he lasts to the end of the season. I don’t think his heart is in it this season,whether he’s distracted but we are not firing on all cylinders.I hope I’m wrong but our results tell the story.
Clubfortyfourer

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:41 pm

I agree that Warnock has made some strange decisions this season and giving negative statements is not helping and definitely not inspiring anyone.Wasn’t Warnock reluctantly persuaded to come back for one more season and he stated he wasn’t getting any younger, I think this his last season, even if he lasts to the end of the season. I don’t think his heart is in it this season,whether he’s distracted but we are not firing on all cylinders.I hope I’m wrong but our results tell the story.
Clubfortyfourer

Postby dogfound » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:01 am

Clubfortyfourer wrote:I agree that Warnock has made some strange decisions this season and giving negative statements is not helping and definitely not inspiring anyone.Wasn’t Warnock reluctantly persuaded to come back for one more season and he stated he wasn’t getting any younger, I think this his last season, even if he lasts to the end of the season. I don’t think his heart is in it this season,whether he’s distracted but we are not firing on all cylinders.I hope I’m wrong but our results tell the story.

and what story do the results tell...apart from the obvious one that if you used logic and reason to assess our chances this year we stood very little chance of being anywhere other than where we are now.

this idea that a team full of second tier players should be doing much better and its the managers fault they are not is nothing short of mental.
dogfound

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 am

dogfound wrote:
Clubfortyfourer wrote:I agree that Warnock has made some strange decisions this season and giving negative statements is not helping and definitely not inspiring anyone.Wasn’t Warnock reluctantly persuaded to come back for one more season and he stated he wasn’t getting any younger, I think this his last season, even if he lasts to the end of the season. I don’t think his heart is in it this season,whether he’s distracted but we are not firing on all cylinders.I hope I’m wrong but our results tell the story.

and what story do the results tell...apart from the obvious one that if you used logic and reason to assess our chances this year we stood very little chance of being anywhere other than where we are now.

this idea that a team full of second tier players should be doing much better and its the managers fault they are not is nothing short of mental.

To a point I agree but whilst he didn’t have too much to spend on transfers has he used that wisely ?

£6m on Madine, £8m on Reid, £3m on Cunningham all look risky at best. Only Murphy looks a decent signing.

So Warnock is not completely blameless.

I still think he can turn it around but the approach could do with changing in my eyes.
piledriver64

Postby Mr Potato » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 am

dogfound wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Whilst I am critical of our manager and rightly so this season, sacking him isn’t the answer. But, he can’t afford to have a poor window in jan, he has to address areas of the squad desperate for improvement. He says he hasn’t had a fair crack at managing in this division, well he is getting that now, so no I don’t think there is any pressure but he has to stop pushing square pegs in round holes.

nobody was predicting we would go up even when we had been in the top 2 for months..
the budget was meagre

He had money left and chose not to spend it, we had to be sensible I accept that but Warnock left us short as he failed to address right back, he waited for grujic, ok that worked out eventually, he waiterd for Abraham but that cost us, he didn’t learn from the grujic fiasco and just let it go. So yes, he’s had a fair crack. Had he been told he can’t sign players no budget fair enough, but Warnock said in a press conferece he had money to spend. And what he had he’s wasted on players that don’t actually play. Ok smithies I get, Cunningham though, he should have got a right back rather than £4m on a back up left back. Reid for £10 or £11m questionable it’s not as if we have played him week in week out.

He has left short of quality, I am sick of hearing we shouldn’t be here, we are here, no one predicted we’d go up, but we did go up. Our target was play offs to have a crack at going up so quite why we are so surprised is a mystery, ok we didn’t predict automatically but of the club targets play off it must have had a plan should we actually go up!! Obviously not.

Every week it’s same quotes, and it’s worn thin, every week we say we are mile behind whoever we play, and now Brighton will be the same and our excuses are ready as we shouldn’t be here. Arter is out, Brighton are established, we knew it would be tough but we can’t fault the effort.
Mr Potato

Postby Bluesman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 am

Should we get relegated I know which manager I would want in the Championship and that is NEIL WARNOCK.
Bluesman

Postby cityone » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 am

Mr Potato wrote:
dogfound wrote:

the budget was meagre

He had money left and chose not to spend it, we had to be sensible I accept that but Warnock left us short as he failed to address right back, he waited for grujic, ok that worked out eventually, he waiterd for Abraham but that cost us, he didn’t learn from the grujic fiasco and just let it go. So yes, he’s had a fair crack. Had he been told he can’t sign players no budget fair enough, but Warnock said in a press conferece he had money to spend. And what he had he’s wasted on players that don’t actually play. Ok smithies I get, Cunningham though, he should have got a right back rather than £4m on a back up left back. Reid for £10 or £11m questionable it’s not as if we have played him week in week out.

He has left short of quality, I am sick of hearing we shouldn’t be here, we are here, no one predicted we’d go up, but we did go up. Our target was play offs to have a crack at going up so quite why we are so surprised is a mystery, ok we didn’t predict automatically but of the club targets play off it must have had a plan should we actually go up!! Obviously not.

Every week it’s same quotes, and it’s worn thin, every week we say we are mile behind whoever we play, and now Brighton will be the same and our excuses are ready as we shouldn’t be here. Arter is out, Brighton are established, we knew it would be tough but we can’t fault the effort.

I couldn't have worded that better if i tried. :thumbup:
cityone

Next

Return to General Chat