' Kenneth Zohore in numbers '

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:24 pm

10 goals in 17 games between January and May 2017

4 goals in 25 games between August and February last season

0 goals in the Premier League

1 competitive goal since March 30 2018

21 Cardiff goals in 71 league appearances

The story about Warnock threatening to send Zohore "back to Belgium" when the veteran manager first arrived at Cardiff is famous. It was a brutal ultimatum but one that inspired some sensational form.

We may have reached that point again. An exit in January or a scintillating return to form, no half-measures.

And while one scenario looks much more likely than the other at the moment, Kenneth Zohore has made a habit out of proving people wrong. His situation is still recoverable but, as Warnock says, there's only one person who can do it.
Attachments
0_Norwich-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Carrow-Road.jpg
0_Norwich-City-v-Cardiff-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Carrow-Road.jpg (30.86 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Kenneth Zohore in numbers '

Postby Savigma » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Yet Gary Maxine who has 0 goals in 20 games is starting ahead of him. I’m sorry but Zohore is still one of my favourite players, really want to see him. Wish we could root for him and not witch hunt him every time we don’t win and he fails to score
Savigma

Postby fred keenor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:48 pm

If the guy is just not doing it in training playing the big I am , he deserves not to be picked.
fred keenor

Postby Jonny88 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Gary Madine has had 5 starts in a year the rest of his appearances are in around the 80th to 85th min he has never been given a chance at the club Zahore is overrated and lazy if you actually watched him play lately you'd be amazed that he's somehow a professional footballer lazy lathargic and don't look interested Ward is our best striker right now
Jonny88

Postby RV Casual » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Savigma wrote:Yet Gary Maxine who has 0 goals in 20 games is starting ahead of him. I’m sorry but Zohore is still one of my favourite players, really want to see him. Wish we could root for him and not witch hunt him every time we don’t win and he fails to score

Not sure how you work that out or why you have brought Madine into it, who as it goes scored more goals last season in the Championship than Zohore but let's pretend that never happened.

Madine has played about 25 minutes of Football this season in 5 appearances off the bench. Thats an average of 5 minutes per game. Not sure what he's meant to achieve with that but it makes his stats look shit which is unfair.

I'm not suggesting Madine is the answer to our prayers or Premier League standard but if there's one player who hasn't had a fair crack of the whip it's him.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Jonny88 wrote:Gary Madine has had 5 starts in a year the rest of his appearances are in around the 80th to 85th min he has never been given a chance at the club Zahore is overrated and lazy if you actually watched him play lately you'd be amazed that he's somehow a professional footballer lazy lathargic and don't look interested Ward is our best striker right now

Beat me to it ;)
RV Casual

Postby Jonny88 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Really grips me when armchair fans tear into Madine when the guy hasn't even been given a chance the kind of striker we cry out for right now the battering ram up front suits Madine perfectly but he don't get given a chance even Messi would struggle to make an impact getting 5mins here and there it's a joke why did we sign him for £6m in the first place he was happy and one of the top scorers in the league when we bought him just to destroy his career playing a player like Zahore that's been at the club what about 4 years he had a good 6 month spell about 2 years ago nothing before nothing after Ward looked the best option so far but Madine needs to be given a chance before being wrote off
Jonny88

Postby Savigma » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Really grips me when stuck up fans call actual fans Armchair when I’ve been to every home game since I’ve supported them, season ticket etc.

Mate, reality check. Zohore hasn’t put a shift in yet this season. But Madine has been terrible every time he plays. He’s had about 5 starts as someone has pointed out and his substitute appearances when we’re losing don’t make us a threat. I would much rather Zohores potential than Madines LACK of ability to come off the bench. Don’t attack my opinion you sound like douches
Savigma

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:49 am

I don't like to say it because I've been very supportive of both these players and very surprised that Ken has failed to perform , but at this point we can't afford either of them in a limited squad and we're in such a serious situation. Neither is able to do what they'd paid for and that's clear at this point because they've both had plenty of opportunities to try.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby montyblue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 pm

SIR JIMMY SCHOULAR
100% agree with you i have said similar on other post a few days ago they are on the pay roll at cardiff city and playing in the best League in the world make a name for yourself.
montyblue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Savigma wrote:Yet Gary Maxine who has 0 goals in 20 games is starting ahead of him. I’m sorry but Zohore is still one of my favourite players, really want to see him. Wish we could root for him and not witch hunt him every time we don’t win and he fails to score

Madine adds more to the team at the moment unfortunately.

Zohore is a waste of time. Doesn't do anything at all.
Atleast Madine wins the odd header.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Savigma wrote:Really grips me when stuck up fans call actual fans Armchair when I’ve been to every home game since I’ve supported them, season ticket etc.

Mate, reality check. Zohore hasn’t put a shift in yet this season. But Madine has been terrible every time he plays. He’s had about 5 starts as someone has pointed out and his substitute appearances when we’re losing don’t make us a threat. I would much rather Zohores potential than Madines LACK of ability to come off the bench. Don’t attack my opinion you sound like douches

Learn more football.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:34 pm

The untimely demise of Kenneth Zohore and how Cardiff City can resolve a head-scratching problem

November 2018

By Dominic Booth

What on earth has happened to that player who destroyed Leeds United last season?

What on earth has happened to that player who destroyed Leeds United last season?

Let us park relegation concerns for a moment and rewind to March and the game Neil Warnock remembers as the most pivotal to Cardiff City's promotion last season.

Brentford fans bore witness to perhaps the most dramatic turnaround of Cardiff's season, as a listless opening 25 minutes gave way to a performance of pace, power and physicality to secure a vital 3-1 win.

At the heart of it all, especially in the second half, was Kenneth Zohore — who must love Griffin Park, given it was where he opened his Bluebirds account back on Boxing Day 2016.

Earlier this year, it was vintage Zohore again. He bullied the Brentford back line and clinched a deserved goal to seal the victory late on. It was reaffirmation of his role as Cardiff's No.1 striker after a barren run in January persuaded Warnock to splash £6million on Gary Madine.

From February to May, Zohore proved as crucial to promotion as anyone, scoring five goals in victories that inspired Cardiff to second place.

Jump forward and the calls for Cardiff to sign a striker in January are now deafening, given Danny Ward's header against Arsenal is the only goal their forwards have mustered in the Premier League.

But those calls weren't so loud back in the summer; in fact many believed Zohore could make the step up with ease.

Cardiff City's Kenneth Zohore celebrates his last competitive goal — against Norwich in April (Image: PA)
What's gone wrong?

Let's start with some personal circumstances that may be taking their toll.

Zohore's wife gave birth to their first child in July, meaning the 24-year-old returned later than planned for pre-season, missing the games against Tavistock and Bodmin.

He didn't look at his sharpest and leanest in any of his pre-season outings and scored only once, in a 5-1 win over Burton Albion.

But a slow start to pre-season — understandable in the context — usually has little or no bearing on what happens when the real action commences.

As an explosive and powerful striker you would actually expect Zohore to save his best for the big games.

His performances against Leeds (at home), Norwich (away) and that Brentford game certainly suggested he could make an impact in a higher division, despite a modest 2017/18 goal tally of nine. After all, this is a player who was linked with a £17million move to the Premier League in the summer of 2017.
Attachments
8BFE1306-0C4B-4A19-8554-55D0EAF1839B.jpeg
8BFE1306-0C4B-4A19-8554-55D0EAF1839B.jpeg (130 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Savigma » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Savigma wrote:Really grips me when stuck up fans call actual fans Armchair when I’ve been to every home game since I’ve supported them, season ticket etc.

Learn more football.

Mate you’re so cheeky. Neither of us are football managers so that’s your reality check. I don’t actually believe your profession has anything to do with football, and I’m sure as hell you haven’t had any ‘lessons’ in football. My opinion is as valid as yours, but I should learn more football, why? Because if anyone sees something differently to you (who’s clearly a mastermind in football with your Degree in Football Manager 2014) then you’re much smarter than me. “Learn more football” f**k me the absolute ignorance of Football fans.
Savigma

Postby RV Casual » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:44 am

Savigma wrote:

Learn more football.

Mate you’re so cheeky. Neither of us are football managers so that’s your reality check. I don’t actually believe your profession has anything to do with football, and I’m sure as hell you haven’t had any ‘lessons’ in football. My opinion is as valid as yours, but I should learn more football, why? Because if anyone sees something differently to you (who’s clearly a mastermind in football with your Degree in Football Manager 2014) then you’re much smarter than me. “Learn more football” f**k me the absolute ignorance of Football fans.

Mate, you lost your way in this thread by posting an inaccuracy in the very first line.

In a post about Zohore you brought Madine in to it and claimed Madine is starting in front of him which is total bollocks.

Madine hasn't started a game this season and has had 25 minutes off the bench yet you claim to go to games. If that was the case I don't know how you could get something so wrong which is probably why your taking a hammering from other posters tbf.
RV Casual

Postby nubbsy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:08 am

Not sure if Madine "adds" anything to the team if I'm honest. But Zohore has been woeful
nubbsy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Savigma wrote:

Learn more football.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: Calmed down yet ?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Savigma wrote:

Learn more football.

Mate, you lost your way in this thread by posting an inaccuracy in the very first line.

In a post about Zohore you brought Madine in to it and claimed Madine is starting in front of him which is total bollocks.

Madine hasn't started a game this season and has had 25 minutes off the bench yet you claim to go to games. If that was the case I don't know how you could get something so wrong which is probably why your taking a hammering from other posters tbf.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:26 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Not sure if Madine "adds" anything to the team if I'm honest. But Zohore has been woeful

Not much but he tries.. Zohore looks like what Bothroyd looked like after his England call up.
Blokes miles ahead of Madine talent wise but it doesn't look like he wants to be here.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Savigma » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:57 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Savigma wrote:

Learn more football.

? I didn't say Madine has started any games. My point was CLEARLY that Madine is now ahead of Zohore because Madine was on the bench last game and Ken wasn't. Unless you know any differently I don't think Zohore was injured either. So Madine IS infact ahead of Zohore... I don't understand what you don't get about that and why you think I don't go to games because of it? You're just not reading what I'm saying properly. Just to re-iterate I Haven't said Madine was in the 11, but based off Warnocks selection last week Madine is ahead of Zohore. Obviously you've got confused by my use of "Starting" ahead. I obviously didn't mean he started the game because he didn't lmao.

I haven't got anything "so wrong" mate.
Savigma

Postby RV Casual » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Savigma wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Savigma wrote:

Learn more football.

? I didn't say Madine has started any games. My point was CLEARLY that Madine is now ahead of Zohore because Madine was on the bench last game and Ken wasn't. Unless you know any differently I don't think Zohore was injured either. So Madine IS infact ahead of Zohore... I don't understand what you don't get about that and why you think I don't go to games because of it? You're just not reading what I'm saying properly. Just to re-iterate I Haven't said Madine was in the 11, but based off Warnocks selection last week Madine is ahead of Zohore. Obviously you've got confused by my use of "Starting" ahead. I obviously didn't mean he started the game because he didn't lmao.

I've tried to be polite but you're not the brightest spark in the fire clearly.

I read what you wrote, not what you wanted me to read.

So you didn't get anything wrong but didn't didn't mean he actually started in your term 'starting'

To coin your'e own phrase, lmao.

Whopper.
RV Casual

Postby Savigma » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:08 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Savigma wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Savigma wrote:

Learn more football.

So you didn't get anything wrong but didn't didn't mean he actually started in your term 'starting'

Whopper.

CBA after this post mate. Alot of you are just rude that's all.
whatever I said or didn't say, I'm giving my opinion on the team we support. Some of you just need a grip when we've got people telling passionate fans to learn more football, or making out they're less of a fan in some way, and accusing me of not going to games. I'll admit I've been replying a few times immediately after reading things implying I'm not a proper fan and it does frustrate me and it's like the most annoying thing on this bloody forum when people start trying to make someones opinion less than their own opinion by saying they're less of a fan (which is a lazy way of trying to win a debate)...

Anyway, I'm a bit less irritated with that while writing this, so all I'll say is all these replies now are me defending myself and you attacking me, I don't mean that in a Over the top way because you're not being horrible or anything obviously, but it's petty. Let's just drop it really.:/ it's gone from talking about Cardiff City Strikers, to insults.
<3. City As One and all that.
Savigma

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:38 am

Savigma wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Savigma wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Savigma wrote:

Learn more football.

Whopper.

CBA after this post mate. Alot of you are just rude that's all.
whatever I said or didn't say, I'm giving my opinion on the team we support. Some of you just need a grip when we've got people telling passionate fans to learn more football, or making out they're less of a fan in some way, and accusing me of not going to games. I'll admit I've been replying a few times immediately after reading things implying I'm not a proper fan and it does frustrate me and it's like the most annoying thing on this bloody forum when people start trying to make someones opinion less than their own opinion by saying they're less of a fan (which is a lazy way of trying to win a debate)...

Anyway, I'm a bit less irritated with that while writing this, so all I'll say is all these replies now are me defending myself and you attacking me, I don't mean that in a Over the top way because you're not being horrible or anything obviously, but it's petty. Let's just drop it really.:/ it's gone from talking about Cardiff City Strikers, to insults.
<3. City As One and all that.

Oh Savigma before you go ... Learn more football. :sleepy2: :wave:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat