Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team v Brighton

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:57 pm

After is not available. Please Neil Warnock .... No more square pegs in round holes. ie please don't try to get JH in the team by chopping and changing. He is not in good form anyway and it would mean Camaras a playing deeper, when he is much better going forward than defending.

Use Loic Damour as a like for like replacement. Otherwise what is the point in him being in the 25?

I personally would liked to have seen Manga at centre defence about 7 games ago. And Zahore upfront. But this is such an imp game, we probably can't afford to change too much.

We have lost 2 matches which I was hoping we might win or at least get something from (Burnley and Leicester home). We definitely cannot afford to get less than a WIN against Brighton :bluebird:
I think we will do it!
Come on Neil! Come on City! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Re: Team v Brighton

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Move patterson back to right back as he is probably our best option in that position.

Drop Etheridge for smithies ( his distribution frustrates the shit out of me )

Replace Bamba who is not good enough for this level with Bruno Manga

Get harris out wide with his pace and let him and murphy get in behind the defences.

Smithies

Patterson
Manga
Morrison
Bennett

Gunnarsson
Ralls

Murphy
Camarasa
Harris

Reid

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Lengee wrote:After is not available. Please Neil Warnock .... No more square pegs in round holes. ie please don't try to get JH in the team by chopping and changing. He is not in good form anyway and it would mean Camaras a playing deeper, when he is much better going forward than defending.

Use Loic Damour as a like for like replacement. Otherwise what is the point in him being in the 25?

I personally would liked to have seen Manga at centre defence about 7 games ago. And Zahore upfront. But this is such an imp game, we probably can't afford to change too much.

We have lost 2 matches which I was hoping we might win or at least get something from (Burnley and Leicester home). We definitely cannot afford to get less than a WIN against Brighton :bluebird:
I think we will do it!
Come on Neil! Come on City! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

My team would be

Etheridge

Richards Manga. Morrison. Bennett

Camarasa. Gunnarsson. Damour. Murphy
Reid
Paterson

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Etheridge

Jazz
Manga
Morrison
Bennett

Gunner
Demour
Camarasa

Reid
Ward
Murphy

If Ralls is available then him for demour but I think I read he was injured.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Yes I think the same as the above. That set up would be fine.The only area I might disagree is centre forward. i.e.whether we stick with Paterson or switch to Zahore or Ward. At the moment there is little to choose between them. On balance it might be best to go with Paterson so that the team is not chipped and changed too much. But ,if fit, I think KZ has most potential. To be honest I think he has been made a scapegoat ....he had very few starts.
:bluebird:

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Lengee wrote:Yes I think the same as the above. That set up would be fine.The only area I might disagree is centre forward. i.e.whether we stick with Paterson or switch to Zahore or Ward. At the moment there is little to choose between them. On balance it might be best to go with Paterson so that the team is not chipped and changed too much. But ,if fit, I think KZ has most potential. To be honest I think he has been made a scapegoat ....he had very few starts.

I read Zohore was injured for a few weeks otherwise I'd pick him.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:42 am

Lengee wrote:Yes I think the same as the above. That set up would be fine.The only area I might disagree is centre forward. i.e.whether we stick with Paterson or switch to Zahore or Ward. At the moment there is little to choose between them. On balance it might be best to go with Paterson so that the team is not chipped and changed too much. But ,if fit, I think KZ has most potential. To be honest I think he has been made a scapegoat ....he had very few starts.

I don't know whether he's had a breakdown or something because he just seems to jog round constantly grinning like a retard.
He used to be a really good player, but there's something very wrong there now

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:59 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

I don't know whether he's had a breakdown or something because he just seems to jog round constantly grinning like a retard.
He used to be a really good player, but there's something very wrong there now

It does make you wonder.
Or is it just a case of he’s got a 3 year contract and is made for life and he’s thinking I’m not busting s gut for anything or anyone

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:47 am

Can’t believe people would still start with Zohore.

If he wants to get in the team he has to work 100 times harder and show 100 times more desire whenever he steps foot on that pitch.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:52 am

Don’t always agree with 2blue2handle but defo do with his proposed team. Perfect. Strength guts and speed. Just what we need for Brighton. Damour is so underrrated. Ward played well when selected. He is a natural striker and will run his butt off.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 am

FFS get Leo back to sort it out mun :old:

Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:01 am

Really don't like the way our full backs have been playing, would switch Bennett for cuningham and put Patterson right back

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Etheridge

Richards (Cunningham if not fit) Manga Bamba Bennett

Camarrassa Gunnarsson Paterson

Hoilett Ward Murphy

Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Bluebirdaff wrote:Really don't like the way our full backs have been playing, would switch Bennett for cuningham and put Patterson right back

Good call re Cunningham. Not sure about CP at right back though.