Did anyone listen to the phone in BBC Wales ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:25 pm

Yesterday. Some guy rang up and said straight away he was a Wales fan. Then he preceded to trash Cardiff in there performance yesterday. Now that’s fine and is his opinion but this is what he said.
I watched the Wales game as it’s my number one sport but my Dad played centre forward For CCFC in the 30s and there performance was shocking. I am a PONENTIAL season ticket holder and if they want me to part with my money they have to do better.

So the presenter said Kevin Ratcliffe can you reply ? Long silence and Kev said I don’t quite know what to say then said to him. “You said you are a potential season ticket holder so what you are saying is you are an armchair fan ?”

So the guy retorted back look not everyone lives in the south of England earning between 40 and 50K a year.
My god the bloke was or is a grade A tw*t he commented on a game he never saw, he will only come and watch if we win most games, I know people on minimum wages that have a season ticket. £300 for a season ticket on interest free ain’t gonna break the bank ffs.

But fair play heard a couple of City come on after and destroy the bloke. What a prize tool he was
Rant over !!
Nuclearblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Did anyone listen to the phone in BBC Wales ?

Postby City Slicker » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Yesterday. Some guy rang up and said straight away he was a Wales fan. Then he preceded to trash Cardiff in there performance yesterday. Now that’s fine and is his opinion but this is what he said.
I watched the Wales game as it’s my number one sport but my Dad played centre forward For CCFC in the 30s and there performance was shocking. I am a PONENTIAL season ticket holder and if they want me to part with my money they have to do better.

So the presenter said Kevin Ratcliffe can you reply ? Long silence and Kev said I don’t quite know what to say then said to him. “You said you are a potential season ticket holder so what you are saying is you are an armchair fan ?”

So the guy retorted back look not everyone lives in the south of England earning between 40 and 50K a year.
My god the bloke was or is a grade A tw*t he commented on a game he never saw, he will only come and watch if we win most games, I know people on minimum wages that have a season ticket. £300 for a season ticket on interest free ain’t gonna break the bank ffs.

But fair play heard a couple of City come on after and destroy the bloke. What a prize tool he was
Rant over !!

Egg supporter, nuff sed! Egg on his face
City Slicker

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:39 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Yesterday. Some guy rang up and said straight away he was a Wales fan. Then he preceded to trash Cardiff in there performance yesterday. Now that’s fine and is his opinion but this is what he said.

Rant over !!

I heard him. What a plonker.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby RICK+CCFC » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:14 am

I also heard him while driving back from his he match. He said that he was from Dinas Powys,,, and I wonder if I s the same person from that area that once told me that he Supported Man Utd, but would buy a season ticket at City if Cardiff City were ever promoted???
RICK+CCFC

Postby fred keenor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:58 am

Also accused the players of not giving 100%.
Lots of callers ripped into him.
Adrian Hadley threw his two pence worth in,' did you really think they were going to stay up'
Dont think he said another word in the show as nearly all the calls were about football.
fred keenor

Postby Bluesman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:22 am

I heard the fool on the way home from the game, he claimed he was low paid and could not afford to follow football. If he is that poor why waste money on a phonecard to the programme.Rob Phillips and the other presenters should have ripped him apart.
Bluesman

Postby Bluebina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 am

There are a few like him on here, new fans who expect us to win more games and easily beat teams like Leicester who won the League two or three seasons ago :roll:
Bluebina

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:34 am

so he watched the rugby....his Dad played for us 80 years ago..is poor and doesn't have enough money to watch football but would possibly buy a season ticket if the players tried harder...

how come he wasmt just cut off.
dogfound

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Yes, preferably at the neck!!! :laughing5:
BLUE54

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:55 pm

In the words of Del Boy...... what a plonker

I’d buy a season ticket if I didn’t have to work Saturdays, I still get to plenty of home games though when I can
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:44 pm

As you mention BBC Wales did anyone watch tonight's news bulletin at 630pm? I don't usually because its either taken up with items about our Senedd freeloaders down the Bay or a cat stuck up tree in Treorchy.

They're quite a predictable bunch the producers if this third rate newscast - usual big piece on the egg which is fair enough but for the life of me how can they justify completely ignoring City's clash against the Foxes particularly given the blanket coverage from every other UK news channel (online/ TV / press)?!

My question to BBC Wales Today is: if it was our friends down West who were playing Leicester in the aftermath of such tragic circs, would there have been a 10 minute slot on your shoddy excuse for a news bulletin? I'm sure it would have gleefully been covered.
REMINDER: The Bloobirds are a capital city Premier League club! No coverage of their weekend games is a complete disgrace and shameful from a publicly funded broadcaster.
Tuna Pasta Bake

Postby rhondda 1015 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:As you mention BBC Wales did anyone watch tonight's news bulletin at 630pm? I don't usually because its either taken up with items about our Senedd freeloaders down the Bay or a cat stuck up tree in Treorchy.

They're quite a predictable bunch the producers if this third rate newscast - usual big piece on the egg which is fair enough but for the life of me how can they justify completely ignoring City's clash against the Foxes particularly given the blanket coverage from every other UK news channel (online/ TV / press)?!

My question to BBC Wales Today is: if it was our friends down West who were playing Leicester in the aftermath of such tragic circs, would there have been a 10 minute slot on your shoddy excuse for a news bulletin? I'm sure it would have gleefully been covered.
REMINDER: The Bloobirds are a capital city Premier League club! No coverage of their weekend games is a complete disgrace and shameful from a publicly funded broadcaster.

What colour was the cat in Treorchy, as mine has been out a long time, scared by the fireworks. Genuine question.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Tuna Pasta Bake » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Black mate so don't worry (unless of course your moggy is black!) :-)
How the heck do you use emoticons on this forum!? Feel as if I'm posting with one arm behind my back!
Tuna Pasta Bake

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:As you mention BBC Wales did anyone watch tonight's news bulletin at 630pm? I don't usually because its either taken up with items about our Senedd freeloaders down the Bay or a cat stuck up tree in Treorchy.

What colour was the cat in Treorchy, as mine has been out a long time, scared by the fireworks. Genuine question.

I'm more interested in the fact that there are apparently trees in Treorchy now. Is this true ?
SirJimmySchoular

Return to General Chat