Manga must be dropped

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Manga must be dropped

Postby Taylor made » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:58 am

I'm sorry as much as I hate slating people the man puts us into so much trouble and pressure. His first touch, passing and delivery is absolutely awful. Not just yesterday or this season but last season aswel. Even at centre back he doesn't cut it for me I'm sorry
Taylor made

Manga must be dropped

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Manga must be dropped

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Taylor made wrote:I'm sorry as much as I hate slating people the man puts us into so much trouble and pressure. His first touch, passing and delivery is absolutely awful. Not just yesterday or this season but last season aswel. Even at centre back he doesn't cut it for me I'm sorry

Tend to agree but who’s his replacement? Richards?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Wolfpac » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:09 pm

Pathetic post arguably or best defender and you nobby want him dropped behave ya clown

Jazz as RB and Manga as CB
Wolfpac

Postby mugsy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:12 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Pathetic post arguably or best defender and you nobby want him dropped behave ya clown

Spot on.
mugsy

Postby davids » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Taylor made wrote:I'm sorry as much as I hate slating people the man puts us into so much trouble and pressure. His first touch, passing and delivery is absolutely awful. Not just yesterday or this season but last season aswel. Even at centre back he doesn't cut it for me I'm sorry

Are you seriously suggesting that Morrison is a better centre back than Manga? :o :o
davids

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Pathetic post arguably or best defender and you nobby want him dropped behave ya clown

Marmite syndrome I suppose. I'd have to agree I'm afraid that neither of these two players can improve enough to play at this level. That's a pity since they both put so much effort in, but they're both mid championship level at best.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby RV Casual » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:48 pm

You can't blame Manga, we have a centre half being played at Right Back and a 4 million full back on the bench. One of Warnocks mistakes IMO, but hes got more right than wrong since he's been here so it is what it is for now
RV Casual

Postby thomasblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Manga is by far and away the best centre back at the club. He needs to go back into his main position.
His reading of the game and overall defensive play is streets ahead of Morrison and Bamba

I feel sorry for him being played out of position but in fairness to him he is giving it a go and doesnt seem to be moaning or spitting his dummy out he is doing his best for the team.

He is in a no win situation really and as much as i like him, Warnock has to take the blame for not addressing our right back issue in the summer.
thomasblue

Postby Man of Harlech » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Ridiculous.
Man of Harlech

Postby northernbluebird » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:49 pm

he's being played out of position - he's simply not a premier league standard right back.

he's not got the pace or ability to get forward and whip crosses in. we desperately need a proper PL right back.
northernbluebird

Postby phildavies » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:33 pm

He is our best right back end of story.

He had a crap game v Leicester as did most of our players as after the first half an hour they mostly seemed to stop even playing. In good news we have 3 nice home games coming up and also their are a lot of poor sides in this league. This best league in the world nonsense is just that nonsense.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Dahboy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Try dropping Morrison and move manga in his place. Manga in the circumstances has been brilliant.
Dahboy

Postby Dahboy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:06 pm

And people say I talk shit :lol:
Dahboy

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Yes let’s blame a centre half playing at full back for all our failings this season!! A centre half who has actually played very well most games, despite being played out of position. But, at no point are we to blame the manager, so far it’s manga and tans fault our manager hasn’t addressed the issues many people point out regarding the lack of quality, lack of a right back and striker. And of course it’s tans fault Warnock hasn’t spent his budget, it’s tans fault Warnock couldn’t find a better fullback than peltier.

Not to worry though, we are playing well and we shouldn’t be here so let’s sit back and enjoy getting beat week in week out. It’s time we big up Brighton now and congratulate them on becoming established after 1 season, they are miles ahead of us so we can’t compare us to them so by rights no point in turning up Saturday.

It’s all gotten a bit sickly for me, we are way short on quality, that lies with the manager, it’s his squad and he had faith that it was good enough. Connolly still baffles me, how he still gets wage is beyond me, Madine was and is a complete waste of money, we spent good money on Cunningham did we need him more than we needed a quality right back?

There are many players out of their depth in our side, manga isn’t one of them. All the blame lies with our manager, he knew the budget was tight, we lost targets waiting for players, and he didn’t address all areas of the squad, all well documented in various reports.
Mr Potato

Postby wez1927 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Agree with the op manga is not a right back he gets caught ball watching and drifts in field leting wingers and left backs get crosses in, burnley and Leicester manga didnt track his man and they scored we desperately need a decent right back ,manga is a geeat centre back but we cant keep playing him at right back
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:59 pm

Manga isn't a right back and struggled last season. Imo Peltier and Jazz ain't premier league level. I'd play him CB
2blue2handle

Postby Taylor made » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:22 pm

I've not said he can't intercept or tackle but once you've won the ball you must be able to distribute it aswel. He can't control or pass the ball. You need to be able to do that at this level
Taylor made

Postby Taylor made » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Just a little info to back up my case
Attachments
20181105_202344.jpg
20181105_202344.jpg (375.58 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
Taylor made

Postby Bluebirdaff » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:15 am

thomasblue wrote:Manga is by far and away the best centre back at the club. He needs to go back into his main position.
His reading of the game and overall defensive play is streets ahead of Morrison and Bamba

I feel sorry for him being played out of position but in fairness to him he is giving it a go and doesnt seem to be moaning or spitting his dummy out he is doing his best for the team.

He is in a no win situation really and as much as i like him, Warnock has to take the blame for not addressing our right back issue in the summer.

Spot on mate
Bluebirdaff

Postby BlueDredd » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:39 pm

He's the best centre half we've got.
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Taylor made wrote:Just a little info to back up my case

hes playing out of position you absolute weapon
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:52 pm

said this since the day we signed him. Rubbish
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm

davids wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that Morrison is a better centre back than Manga? :o :o

Morrison is better than Magna imo
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Taylor made wrote:I've not said he can't intercept or tackle but once you've won the ball you must be able to distribute it aswel. He can't control or pass the ball. You need to be able to do that at this level

You're spot on.
Takes far to long to make a decision, gets caught out a lot!
I honestly do not see what other see :roll:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:57 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
davids wrote:

Why not play both?

Yes I agree Manga gets caught our on the ball to often at Right back but that's because he isn't a right back. How do you think Morrison would cope at right back? whose passing and dithering on the ball is even worse.
2blue2handle

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:57 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:said this since the day we signed him. Rubbish

We will continue to disagree on this mate :thumbup:

I reckon we would be winning more games with Manga and Mozza CB, both have a good understanding, Bamba is way out of his depth and I think M and M combo would be a blessing for us.
Wolfpac

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Wolfpac wrote:

I reckon we would be winning more games with Manga and Mozza CB, both have a good understanding, Bamba is way out of his depth and I think M and M combo would be a blessing for us.

let's agree to disagree :laughing5:
I know i'm in the minority so i'm not trying to push my opinion on others.

I like a big tackling no nonsense centre half and Manga is the complete opposite to that for me.
I like a row Z type of player rather than a head up and pass :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
davids wrote:

Why not play both?

Yes I agree Manga gets caught our on the ball to often at Right back but that's because he isn't a right back. How do you think Morrison would cope at right back? whose passing and dithering on the ball is even worse.

I agree that Manga suits right back better than Morrison but at centre back.. not a chance for me :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Alan_in_China » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:30 pm

Wolfpac wrote:

I like a big tackling no nonsense centre half and Manga is the complete opposite to that for me.

Really? - That's been our problem, too many defensive players who don't have the ability to pick out a pass. We've had more than our fair share of "row z" type players.. it's why we struggle to keep possession.
Alan_in_China

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:

Really? - That's been our problem, too many defensive players who don't have the ability to pick out a pass. We've had more than our fair share of "row z" type players.. it's why we struggle to keep possession.

Check out our possession stats last year then re post. We won promotion remember...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Next

Return to General Chat