Re: Manga must be dropped

Postby Alan_in_China » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:said this since the day we signed him. Rubbish

We will continue to disagree on this mate :thumbup:

I reckon we would be winning more games with Manga and Mozza CB, both have a good understanding, Bamba is way out of his depth and I think M and M combo would be a blessing for us.

let's agree to disagree :laughing5:
I know i'm in the minority so i'm not trying to push my opinion on others.

I like a big tackling no nonsense centre half and Manga is the complete opposite to that for me.
I like a row Z type of player rather than a head up and pass :thumbright:

Really? - That's been our problem, too many defensive players who don't have the ability to pick out a pass. We've had more than our fair share of "row z" type players.. it's why we struggle to keep possession.

Check out our possession stats last year then re post. We won promotion remember...

I have neither the time or inclination to go looking for our possession stats from last season. I do remember that in many games we had far less possession than the opposition and that our pass completion was not particularly good... unless I'm imagining that of course. So, who exactly are the ball playing defenders that we have on our books?

BTW: Thanks for bringing it to my attention that we got promoted..
Alan_in_China

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:said this since the day we signed him. Rubbish

We will continue to disagree on this mate :thumbup:

I reckon we would be winning more games with Manga and Mozza CB, both have a good understanding, Bamba is way out of his depth and I think M and M combo would be a blessing for us.

let's agree to disagree :laughing5:
I know i'm in the minority so i'm not trying to push my opinion on others.

I like a big tackling no nonsense centre half and Manga is the complete opposite to that for me.
I like a row Z type of player rather than a head up and pass :thumbright:

Really? - That's been our problem, too many defensive players who don't have the ability to pick out a pass. We've had more than our fair share of "row z" type players.. it's why we struggle to keep possession.

Check out our possession stats last year then re post. We won promotion remember...

I have neither the time or inclination to go looking for our possession stats from last season. I do remember that in many games we had far less possession than the opposition and that our pass completion was not particularly good... unless I'm imagining that of course. So, who exactly are the ball playing defenders that we have on our books?

BTW: Thanks for bringing it to my attention that we got promoted..

When did I say we have ball playing defenders ? :wave:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Warnock reckons Manga has been our best defender this season and can’t understand people criticising him?
HarriRhys22

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:20 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:Warnock reckons Manga has been our best defender this season and can’t understand people criticising him?

Fans are entitled to an opinion...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Igovernor » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:44 pm

I asked earlier on if angelis could be banned all done but now he has come back under the alias of taylor made with exactly the same heading and post as before,FFS mods do something about this trolling prick, he is spoiling this board!
Igovernor

Postby Igovernor » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Igovernor wrote:I asked earlier on if angelis could be banned all done but now he has come back under the alias of taylor made with exactly the same heading and post as before,FFS mods do something about this trolling prick, he is spoiling this board!

PS. Can someone on here tell me why he can post exactly the same post but changed his name, also the same number of posts
29 Surely only mods can do that, very strange, I know what I think!
Igovernor

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Taylor made wrote:I'm sorry as much as I hate slating people the man puts us into so much trouble and pressure. His first touch, passing and delivery is absolutely awful. Not just yesterday or this season but last season aswel. Even at centre back he doesn't cut it for me I'm sorry

Until such time that we bring in a class right back totally disagree. As Neil Warnock has said himself and from what I have witnessed he has been our most consistent defender this season by a long way. He may make the odd mistake but the amount of good work he does puts that into insignificance. I can only assume that some fans don’t watch many of City’s games.

He has been defending waves of attacks from the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool. Give the bloke a break.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Savigma » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:23 pm

The same people moaning about the same players. Bruno has been just about our most consistent player this season. He's probably had atleast 6 solid games this season. Any mistakes he's made has been as well as other defenders around him. Last season ofcourse he did get caught out by pacey wingers and he would just lose his footing. But this season I can't see where this post has come from.
Savigma

Postby Igovernor » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:22 pm

Savigma wrote:The same people moaning about the same players. Bruno has been just about our most consistent player this season. He's probably had atleast 6 solid games this season. Any mistakes he's made has been as well as other defenders around him. Last season ofcourse he did get caught out by pacey wingers and he would just lose his footing. But this season I can't see where this post has come from.

Its come from a trolling jack :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby noisycat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:21 pm

How much more comfortable did Bruno look today when SM had to go off and he went to centre back. I think the time has come foe either SB or SM to be dropped and let Bruno continue in his best position and LP or JR play at full back.
noisycat

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:23 pm

noisycat wrote:How much more comfortable did Bruno look today when SM had to go off and he went to centre back. I think the time has come foe either SB or SM to be dropped and let Bruno continue in his best position and LP or JR play at full back.

No doubt about it for me, has to be Morrison and Manga.
2blue2handle

Postby noisycat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:50 pm

If I’m honest, I think I would go with SM and Bruno aswell but we still need at least one full back who can really push forward and give us another option. Also, I thought GC did okay today.
noisycat

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:53 pm

noisycat wrote:If I’m honest, I think I would go with SM and Bruno aswell but we still need at least one full back who can really push forward and give us another option. Also, I thought GC did okay today.

Cunningham did OK today but when we had the player advantage I really wished Bennett was on, think he would have given us a bit more quality going forward.
2blue2handle

Postby krabb » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Manga was poor today.... :ayatollah:
krabb

Postby noisycat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Bennett would have given us a bit more going forward against ten but I don’t like it when we have JB and Bruno playing at full back because neither are particularly solid defensively.
noisycat

Previous

Return to General Chat