ANYONE RECOGNISE THEMSELVES IN THIS IMAGE...?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:06 pm

I was on the Bob Bank that fantastic day but there are a couple of people I recognise in this image and some are still avid supporters to this day :thumbright:

Have to ask though, is that a young Forever Blue in the middle behind the two coppers? ;)

My thought was that the image taken is at the corner of the Grange End/old Grandstand (high walls of Sloper road behind?) but some suggestion that it isn't leading on to the pitch at all; rather out of the stadium

Does anyone know/have any thoughts on where that gate actually was? :? :ayatollah:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 11.48.13.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 11.48.13.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 8492 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ANYONE RECOGNISE THEMSELVES IN THIS IMAGE...?

Postby Danny Says » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Its like a group of teenagers trying to get front row seats to see the Bay City Rollers :roll:
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Danny Says wrote:Its like a group of teenagers trying to get front row seats to see the Bay City Rollers :roll:

And (dress apart) they were so different to the more recent promotion pitch incursions? :?

Can't see much 'intent' in there other than to celebrate a (rare back then) success! ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby theclaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Edward scissorhands front right with his head out of the picture :laughing6:
theclaw

Postby stickywicket » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Schools out for summer
stickywicket

Postby Chris Holmes » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:59 pm

It looks like none of the rozzers has razors in those days, facial hair all over them.
It must have been a requirement to get a job in the Job in those days.
Chris Holmes

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 pm

I was celebrating in a very orderly manner in the Canton Stand with my ginger girlfriend, me.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:58 pm

You can't see his face, but that's Vince Alm at the back holding the umbrella
SirJimmySchoular

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Ah, the days of proper coppers...looks like Simon behind the post..guy with glasses.
rumpo kid

Postby AHERNE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:47 pm

yes the boy to the left of the photo running out first is Christian Jones from Tredegar ... now aged 52
AHERNE

Postby Woodruff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:33 am

It's the Grandstand/Grange corner gate. I'm in the photo towards the back. Crazy days :lol:
Woodruff

Postby Sven » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:44 am

Woodruff wrote:It's the Grandstand/Grange corner gate. I'm in the photo towards the back. Crazy days :lol:

Thanks, I did think that but it was suggested it might be an exit from the ground :thumbright:
Sven

Postby TheHangedMan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:11 am

Sven wrote:
Woodruff wrote:It's the Grandstand/Grange corner gate. I'm in the photo towards the back. Crazy days :lol:

Thanks, I did think that but it was suggested it might be an exit from the ground :thumbright:

A lot in that photo were Bridgend Blues, me included at the age of 18.

We decided to go in the enclosure (in front of Grandstand) that day and were massing at the gate before the final whistle to get on the pitch.

The one with the wedge haircut, which is the one I think Sven means looks like Annis, is actually Twisty (Stephen Richards), who a lot of the older school on here will know as he still goes to nearly every away game for Cardiff and Wales.

Gazzy (Gareth Davies) is also there, towards front left of the guy with burberry hat, snarling as usual :D . Kevin Ellis, now a retired copper, is to the left of Gazzy.
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Is that one policeman in 3 different places at once? Lmao
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:59 am

That brought back great and scary memories at the same time.This was the gate at the bottom right of the pop bank looking into the pitch.We’d just won promotion and I was in the middle of this photo.At the time I was being crushed and as a 13 yr old lad for a few seconds I stopped breathing.Once I got through onto the pitch the relief became incredible joy.
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Tarki s love child. A bit tame compared to a few of my mates on the Grange end roof watching FA Cup tie v Everton in 77 mate, one of um fell through. P S , I used to play in same Grangetown boys club as Tarki.
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby nubbsy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:Is that one policeman in 3 different places at once? Lmao

:lol:
nubbsy

Postby Tarkimicallefslovechild » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 pm

[quote="Melsuttonholyboots"]Tarki s love child. A bit tame compared to a few of my mates on the Grange end roof watching FA Cup tie v Everton in 77 mate, one of um fell through. P S , I used to play in same Grangetown boys club as Tarki.[/quote

As we are both Greek I used to think I was related .Had one of the best names in football and although he was shit he was someone Inlooked upto.
Tarkimicallefslovechild

Return to General Chat