Let Warnock etc do their jobs, we do ours

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:12 am

When has he let us down? This club is unrecognisable from the one he took over. Not even in the same ball park. Yet, he still has people doubting him and getting on at him for a variety of reasons. I don’t think he should be immune from any criticism but he deserves a lot more respect than he has gotten. I realise on the whole there’s just a few bad apples but that can spread and infect others. We can’t let that happen.

Let him do his job which is CONTINUE to be the best manager we have ever had and we do our job and be that 12th man for the team.

United we rise, divided we fall.

In Warnock I trust.
maccydee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Let Warnock etc do their jobs, we do ours

Postby stevee1966 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:31 am

We're are. It's our job to whinge and moan on this forum, thinking we know best !!!
stevee1966

Postby Bambasbestbuddy22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:34 am

Well said maccydee
Bambasbestbuddy22

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:43 am

Warnock's problem is he is not spending enough time playing football manager on his x box. If he spent a little more time on his games console, he could be as good as some of his critics on here.
Steve Zodiak

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Warnock's problem is he is not spending enough time playing football manager on his x box. If he spent a little more time on his games console, he could be as good as some of his critics on here.

I know. If he had just played a bit of the season he would have known that Murphy and Reid, while elite Championship players wouldn’t be scoring every game in the prem.
maccydee

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 pm

in my opinion he let us down over the summer with transfers but we are still punching above our weight.
2blue2handle

Postby maccydee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:in my opinion he let us down over the summer with transfers but we are still punching above our weight.

Let us down how?
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:51 pm

stevee1966 wrote:We're are. It's our job to whinge and moan on this forum, thinking we know best !!!

We don’t though as much as we like to think we do.
maccydee

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:in my opinion he let us down over the summer with transfers but we are still punching above our weight.

He let us down although we are out of the relegation zone? Were you expecting us to mount a bid for the title?
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Warnock's problem is he is not spending enough time playing football manager on his x box. If he spent a little more time on his games console, he could be as good as some of his critics on here.

It's about time he started and realised how to go in to data editor too. That would certainly help us!
welshrarebit

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:26 pm

welshrarebit wrote:

It's about time he started and realised how to go in to data editor too. That would certainly help us!

Ooh yeah.

Imagine Murphy with Paterson’s stats for determination and vice versa with pace.
maccydee

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm imagining guongbe with 20 for everything. No one would see him coming!!
welshrarebit

Postby maccydee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I'm imagining guongbe with 20 for everything. No one would see him coming!!

Who?
maccydee

Postby Stringfellow » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 pm

maccydee wrote:When has he let us down? This club is unrecognisable from the one he took over. Not even in the same ball park. Yet, he still has people doubting him and getting on at him for a variety of reasons. I don’t think he should be immune from any criticism but he deserves a lot more respect than he has gotten. I realise on the whole there’s just a few bad apples but that can spread and infect others. We can’t let that happen.

Let him do his job which is CONTINUE to be the best manager we have ever had and we do our job and be that 12th man for the team.

In Warnock I trust.

Without a shadow of doubt but in today’s social media world always have clowns. True, best manager ever had.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Stringfellow » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:39 pm

maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Let us down? Signing aruguably the best two midfielders to play in a blue shirt albeit on loan and preparing a team against all the odds that is currently still head above water. Yep let us down. :banghead:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:51 pm

maccydee wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I'm imagining guongbe with 20 for everything. No one would see him coming!!

Who?

Exactly! He didn't show up when we still had him! Perfect sneaky signing! The striker that didn't play for us
welshrarebit

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:38 am

Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Let us down? Signing aruguably the best two midfielders to play in a blue shirt albeit on loan and preparing a team against all the odds that is currently still head above water. Yep let us down. :banghead:

Unbelievable comments.
BlueMoon1974

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Unbelievable comments.

What positions are we after now, right back, defensive midfield and striker....... What positions were needed as a priority over last summer along with central midfield? Right back, defensive midfield and striker.
2blue2handle

Postby maccydee » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:45 am

2blue2handle wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Unbelievable comments.

What positions are we after now, right back, defensive midfield and striker....... What positions were needed as a priority over last summer along with central midfield? Right back, defensive midfield and striker.

Well we signed two midfielders.
maccydee

Postby Bananas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 am

maccydee wrote:When has he let us down? This club is unrecognisable from the one he took over. Not even in the same ball park. Yet, he still has people doubting him and getting on at him for a variety of reasons. I don’t think he should be immune from any criticism but he deserves a lot more respect than he has gotten. I realise on the whole there’s just a few bad apples but that can spread and infect others. We can’t let that happen.

In Warnock I trust.

Top post but please cut out using incorrect Americanisms like 'gotten' .... lazy language and annoying :banghead:

:ayatollah: great post mind and 100% behind Neil :bluescarf: :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:59 am

2blue2handle wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Unbelievable comments.

bit puzzled about right back myself especially having bought one the year before but our manager was obviously quite happy to go with Manga . its worked in some games not in others which I think is what your going to get with our budget in this league even had we bought a RB. overall we are exceeding my expectations, 2pts above the drop zone with 21 played . we all hope and dream but anyone that EXPECTED more was being unrealistic to start with.
dogfound

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:02 am

2blue2handle wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Unbelievable comments.

I would say Striker and right back are the two priorities, Zohore has let him down which has exasperated the problem, but if people are to be believed we will get the Striker !!

Defensive midfielder would be nice but not a priority !!!
Bluebina

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Unbelievable comments.

bit puzzled about right back myself especially having bought one the year before but our manager was obviously quite happy to go with Manga . its worked in some games not in others which I think is what your going to get with our budget in this league even had we bought a RB. overall we are exceeding my expectations, 2pts above the drop zone with 21 played . we all hope and dream but anyone that EXPECTED more was being unrealistic to start with.

League position wise I think we are doing as well as that could be expected probably better than expected. I think Warnock is the right man and for Warnock to do his job to his full potential we need the squad to be as strong as possible and I don’t think we did that very well over the summer. Its just that in my opinion at this level Warnock has a weakness in dealing with transfers. For me watching last season it was obvious we needed:

For me the priority now again in January would be:

upfront - I don’t go along with this talk of Zohore letting us down, he has barely been fit, I’m not sure if he has been match fit at all this season and even so you can pin all your hopes on one player. Even if he does get fit we have no idea if he can perform at this level when fit. He clearly doesn’t rate Medine whos headed out on loan and he knows Ward is never far away from an injury and why he bought Reid im not sure as he doesn’t seem to have any place.

defensive midfield - for me Gunner has been better than expected but I still think some distance of being a premier league starter week in week out and I think having someone who can close down better and still has the legs to keep running would be a huge benefit

quality right back - Manga does his best he certainly isn’t a natural at it and it makes us a little uneven. Gets caught out defensively for time and although gets forward well and has got some assists he also wastes the ball a lot. I would like a right back and think its needed but also think we could potentially get away with Manga if we can get the other two in.
2blue2handle

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Under no circumstances has Warnock let us down

He has put together a competitive team on the lowest budget in the division

He has done really well, the problem he does have and some people on this forum just won’t accept is that any decent player given the choice would prefer to sign for numerous other premier league teams rather than Cardiff City

We are punching above our weight!!
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:09 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

Under no circumstances has Warnock let us down

He has put together a competitive team on the lowest budget in the division

He has done really well, the problem he does have and some people on this forum just won’t accept is that any decent player given the choice would prefer to sign for numerous other premier league teams rather than Cardiff City

We are punching above our weight!!

I agree we are punching above our weight, maybe let down is the wrong word but im not saying he should be replaced im saying he has a weakness and it was shown over the summer.

Budget has little to do with it for me before signing Murphy, Reid, Cunningham and he had 10m left to spend he should have signed the players that were a priority which was CM (thankfully we got in Arter on the last day) right back, defensive midfielder and upfront. Yes other clubs would have wanted players as well but then you look for the best available. Not wait months for someone like Grujic who lets be honest wouldn't have changed much.
2blue2handle

Postby grange_end1927 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Calm calm down everyone we have Zohore :clap:
grange_end1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Couldn’t agree more with the OP.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby rhblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

The only good buy was Murphy and Camarasa on loan the rest arnt anything special
rhblue

Postby maccydee » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:37 pm

rhblue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

The only good buy was Murphy and Camarasa on loan the rest arnt anything special

Arter?
maccydee

Postby rhblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:54 pm

maccydee wrote:
rhblue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Let us down how?

Arter?

Just runs round the pitch I could could do that if I was fit :lol:
rhblue

Next

Return to General Chat