Sala...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sala...

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:And plus us getting Tomlin, Madine and Pilks off the wage bill is helping towards it too. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

sounds like he is your new favourite already. this years Saadi

And of course Warnock is his new Slade.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:02 pm

montyblue wrote:Well if this one falls through after all the fuss and losing out on the midfielder worse would be gasumped by one of our rivals fulham pinching him the sh.t will hit the fan and rightly so.

Only by the clowns on here.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Done deal. ;)

How though is it a done deal? Warnock just went to watch him play according to reports.
Dahboy

Postby montyblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:15 pm

ORIGINAL GRANNGE END BLUE
Why you calling me a clown you d.ck i am as much a cardiff city fan as you i just see the urgency in getting players in more than you its that simple, and if we don't get a signing that we are spending so much time on well naturally fans are going to be p.ssed off apart from you of course.
montyblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:58 pm

montyblue wrote:ORIGINAL GRANNGE END BLUE
Why you calling me a clown you d.ck i am as much a cardiff city fan as you i just see the urgency in getting players in more than you its that simple, and if we don't get a signing that we are spending so much time on well naturally fans are going to be p.ssed off apart from you of course.

And me. I know enough about the game to know that it is not like popping down to your local shop and buying a loaf of bread. The loaf of bread is not likely to turn me down at any stage of my shopping trip, won't need a medical, and won't have any agents trying to make amendments at the last minute. When I go shopping I won't be having big contracts drawn up, and solicitors going through every word before the deal is completed. Easy for us fans to sit in front of a computer and criticise. The forum members who run their own businesses will know that getting a good deal signed sealed and delivered is a lot easier said than done.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

And me. I know enough about the game to know that it is not like popping down to your local shop and buying a loaf of bread. The loaf of bread is not likely to turn me down at any stage of my shopping trip, won't need a medical, and won't have any agents trying to make amendments at the last minute. When I go shopping I won't be having big contracts drawn up, and solicitors going through every word before the deal is completed. Easy for us fans to sit in front of a computer and criticise. The forum members who run their own businesses will know that getting a good deal signed sealed and delivered is a lot easier said than done.

Exactly, most of us fans will take a few months deciding on what colour sofa to buy at DFS or wherever !!!
Bluebina

Postby eddiep » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Exactly, most of us fans will take a few months deciding on what colour sofa to buy at DFS or wherever !!!

So how do other clubs get players in then? I assume all this applies to other clubs too??

Very frustrating when all we need is 3 players that could set us up for the next 5 or 10 years as a premier club and not the tramp club on the premier league doorstep - like we appear to be currently.

Good luck Neil and Co with your chasing - fingers crossed its real and not smoke and mirrors :bluescarf:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Oh the mighty fan Monty. Could you please enlighten me into how not signing anyone within 8 days of the window opening is such a catastrophic disaster? Have any of our rivals strengthened? Huddersfield got Puncheon, which isn’t really strengthening in my eyes. We’ve got Ken back this weekend too, that’s better than any striker we could afford this window.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:And plus us getting Tomlin, Madine and Pilks off the wage bill is helping towards it too. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

sounds like he is your new favourite already. this years Saadi

Let's hope he scores a few more for us than Rydog's old mate, Idriss. If this transfer comes off, can only hope that it works well and that he can score a few at this level. Not getting too excited, will wait and see how it all turns out in the longer term. I remember the number of people wetting their pants with excitement when we signed Owen Doyle and this board going into meltdown with what a fantastic signing he would turn out to be. We know what happened there. Hoping that Rydogs is correct on this one, see no reason why he would'nt be, and hoping this is finally the striker who can come good for us.

it sounds as if this fella needs lots of persuading and its more to do with being happy where he is than money. I wont be convinced until he has had half a dozen decent games.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Click the little settings 'cog' next to the users name, click 'reply with quote'.

Thank me later
nubbsy

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

eddiep wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

So how do other clubs get players in then? I assume all this applies to other clubs too??

Very frustrating when all we need is 3 players that could set us up for the next 5 or 10 years as a premier club and not the tramp club on the premier league doorstep - like we appear to be currently.

Good luck Neil and Co with your chasing - fingers crossed its real and not smoke and mirrors :bluescarf:

Always been the same here. Not easy persuading someone to move to the bright lights of S Wales unless you are prepared to throw a bucket load of silly cash in their direction. I am guessing that Warnock is looking to get in not just the players he needs, but players who are genuinely prepared to bust a gut for this club. I would think you are in a far better position if you are a manager of a London club or somewhere nearby, or if you are managing a club that is not likely to be in a relegation dogfight right up until the very end. Easy from our point of view to expect us to just go out and get who we want. Not so easy if you are looking at it from a business point of view, and even harder if you are a manager trying to get someone who genuinely wants to play for Cardiff.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Click the little settings 'cog' next to the users name, click 'reply with quote'.

Thank me later

damn..i quite like the way he does it now..
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Thank me later

Probably a bit thick for that.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Why am I calling you a clown?
Because that’s how you come across on here with your posts. Naive to the extreme.
For clarification, read Steve Zodiaks post. He’s an articulate and sensible poster.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Dahboy wrote:

How though is it a done deal? Warnock just went to watch him play according to reports.

Warnock has seen him already before he went over there with the agent to strike a deal. ;) :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:18 pm

All them reports that he’s not interested is just paper talk coz if that was the case Warnock wouldn’t bother. :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:All them reports that he’s not interested is just paper talk coz if that was the case Warnock wouldn’t bother. :ayatollah:

You're going to look rather silly if this is a no story you know that right? :lol:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:All them reports that he’s not interested is just paper talk coz if that was the case Warnock wouldn’t bother. :ayatollah:

You're going to look rather silly if this is a no story you know that right? :lol:

win win for us :laughing6:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:39 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

win win for us :laughing6:

My sentiments exactly. :laughing6:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

You mean my crystal ball is going to look rather silly? ;)
Rydogsccfc

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Warnock has seen him already before he went over there with the agent to strike a deal. ;) :ayatollah:

If he signs in the next 30 hours, as you said last night ‘in the next 48hrs’, I’ll buy you a pint down the city depending on where you sit or in one of the canton pubs :occasion5: but I’m almost 99% sure he won’t, gotta leave 1% Cos no one ever knows with city :lol:
Edwardsccfc16

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

If he signs in the next 30 hours, as you said last night ‘in the next 48hrs’, I’ll buy you a pint down the city depending on where you sit or in one of the canton pubs :occasion5: but I’m almost 99% sure he won’t, gotta leave 1% Cos no one ever knows with city :lol:

Lovely gesture but one of my New Years resolutions is to cut down in alcohol get me a Pepsi max. :thumbup: :laughing6:
Rydogsccfc

Postby Edwardsccfc16 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:56 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Lovely gesture but one of my New Years resolutions is to cut down in alcohol get me a Pepsi max. :thumbup: :laughing6:

Sounds like a date. But I’m sure it’s not gonna happen...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/
Edwardsccfc16

Postby montyblue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm

ORIGINAL GRANGE END BLUE
Your the font of all knowledge and you changed your mind with steve z a clown, what makes you think i am thick i run my own buisness and have done since 1975 must be doing something right thats a clown and thick now your the dull head who cannot see other people's point of view i don' t come on here slagging you off on your questions or replies to other peoples constructive views and because we differ you resort to abuse especially when you get your little buddies to go along with your views i bet you hold the coats when it comes to a bit of a set too.
montyblue

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 pm

montyblue wrote:ORIGINAL GRANGE END BLUE
Your the font of all knowledge and you changed your mind with steve z a clown, what makes you think i am thick i run my own buisness and have done since 1975 must be doing something right thats a clown and thick now your the dull head who cannot see other people's point of view i don' t come on here slagging you off on your questions or replies to other peoples constructive views and because we differ you resort to abuse especially when you get your little buddies to go along with your views i bet you hold the coats when it comes to a bit of a set too.

Forums are not for you if you take insults to heart everyone’s not going to agree that’s the way it is. :thumbup:
Rydogsccfc

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm

montyblue wrote:ORIGINAL GRANGE END BLUE

Oh dear! :oops:

OriginalGrangeEndBlue one of the longest and better members of this Forum, who has proven his knowledge and understanding of football, Cardiff City FC in particular and the politics surrounding the club. He has attended games for more years than he cares to remember and has seen the real 'dark days' of the club and stood by them through it all

He doesn't get into unnecessary arguments, post garbage for the sake of it and/or say things without consideration

You could learn a lot from him...but I doubt you'll see it! ;) :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:16 pm

This deal is not going to happen is it ?
Clubfortyfourer

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:28 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:This deal is not going to happen is it ?

I’ve no idea tbh.
If they were in France yesterday trying to thrash out a deal or persuade him to come there’s no way we’d be hearing it officially by now though.
I’d say if it was going to happen due to the supposed discussions last night we’re talking Tomorrow afternoon for any sort of announcement at the earliest and ghat could be pending a medical.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:30 pm

Still waiting.......
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby KBK-13 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 pm

Saw on Twitter that his agent told him Leicester and Everton were interested and he was holding out for them. Not the greatest source of course but I don’t think he will end up here
KBK-13

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat