Sala...

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sala...

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Clubfortyfourer wrote:This deal is not going to happen is it ?

I’ve no idea tbh.
If they were in France yesterday trying to thrash out a deal or persuade him to come there’s no way we’d be hearing it officially by now though.
I’d say if it was going to happen due to the supposed discussions last night we’re talking Tomorrow afternoon for any sort of announcement at the earliest and ghat could be pending a medical.

Probably not going to happen, tan isn’t going to spend 20m on one player let alone 10m, plus the wages I would rather spend 20m on a few decent players to solve other problems. Tan out for me lack of investment even though he payed our debts wouldn’t be surprised if he sold us if we stayed up
rhblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Charlie Harper » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am

rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.
If they were in France yesterday trying to thrash out a deal or persuade him to come there’s no way we’d be hearing it officially by now though.
I’d say if it was going to happen due to the supposed discussions last night we’re talking Tomorrow afternoon for any sort of announcement at the earliest and ghat could be pending a medical.

Probably not going to happen, tan isn’t going to spend 20m on one player let alone 10m, plus the wages I would rather spend 20m on a few decent players to solve other problems. Tan out for me lack of investment even though he payed our debts wouldn’t be surprised if he sold us if we stayed up

Let's hope your next post is better than this rubbish about Tan.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:17 am

Charlie Harper wrote:
rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

Just saying mate seems like he gonna sell us off soon paying off all the debts no investment into buying players. Take his money from promotion and relegation then off he has plenty other clubs to feed off
rhblue

Postby Liles93 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:13 am

rhblue wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

Just saying mate seems like he gonna sell us off soon paying off all the debts no investment into buying players. Take his money from promotion and relegation then off he has plenty other clubs to feed off

I honestly reckon Tan's had minimal input into the transfers aside from putting the money on the table at the end of the day. I think the issues we are facing signing people probably comes from our position in the league primarily, and the fact that January transfer window is harder to sign in.

All the other signings in Summer seem to fit with Warnock's MO - ugly but somewhat effective football! :laughing6:
Liles93

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:05 am

rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

Mate if tan left now we'd instantly go into administration. We still owe tens and tens of millions that he is still paying off.

We knew the deal, go blue and do it sustainably. Some people will just never be happy.
nubbsy

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:25 am

nubbsy wrote:
rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

Mate if tan left now we'd instantly go into administration. We still owe tens and tens of millions that he is still paying off.

We knew the deal, go blue and do it sustainably. Some people will just never be happy.

Aye, classic example of cutting your nose off despite your face.
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am

rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

tan out ..make him an offer...………….. :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:
dogfound

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:00 am

dogfound wrote:
rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

:lol: :lol:

It is unbelievable that people only look at the investment in the squad and not the club :roll:

I bet these people would rather the £150m invested in sorting out our finances, had been spent purely on players. Leaving us staring down the barrel of administration/winding up just like the good old days of the Kumars, Hammam and Ridsdale :roll:

People have short/selective memories, I'd much rather be reading headlines of us missing out on some of these transfer targets than waiting for news on the latest court hearings surrounding our club or fire sales of players. Those were the worst times of my 48 years supporting the club by a country mile.

There is no denying we need at least a striker to give us a bit of impetus but even without I really think we have a fighting chance of getting the 18/19 additional points we need to stay.

For those of you wanting Tan gone ................ be careful what you wish for. For every Man City and Leicester there is a Leeds, Sunderland, Villa, Swansea, etc.
piledriver64

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am

piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

It is unbelievable that people only look at the investment in the squad and not the club :roll:

I bet these people would rather the £150m invested in sorting out our finances, had been spent purely on players. Leaving us staring down the barrel of administration/winding up just like the good old days of the Kumars, Hammam and Ridsdale :roll:

People have short/selective memories, I'd much rather be reading headlines of us missing out on some of these transfer targets than waiting for news on the latest court hearings surrounding our club or fire sales of players. Those were the worst times of my 48 years supporting the club by a country mile.

There is no denying we need at least a striker to give us a bit of impetus but even without I really think we have a fighting chance of getting the 18/19 additional points we need to stay.

For those of you wanting Tan gone ................ be careful what you wish for. For every Man City and Leicester there is a Leeds, Sunderland, Villa, Swansea, etc.

Tan out spins my head...its as if he is an elected chairman of the local working mens club , I am pretty sure he would leave if a half decent offer came in for the club. but from our point of view as you say what sort of con men or lunatics do we then get ?
dogfound

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

Tan out spins my head...its as if he is an elected chairman of the local working mens club , I am pretty sure he would leave if a half decent offer came in for the club. but from our point of view as you say what sort of con men or lunatics do we then get ?

I get what u mean by us going into administration and if tan did go I honestly couldn’t see any good wealthy buyer buying us. Might of changed my mind on tan topic :) he jus is very selfish
rhblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:33 am

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
rhblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I’ve no idea tbh.

Most astute businessmen weigh up the risks and potential rewards of any project they invest in. I am guessing Tan has made his fortune by taking this approach. Not easy getting serious investors to pump cash into a football club. They have always been considered high risk, and for a lot of people, the risk outweighs the probable rewards.

Easy to forget there are more expenses than just the purchase and salaries of players. There are taxes, business rates, stadium maintenance, training facilities, general staff wages, policing, energy and too many others to mention. A lot of these may not be huge in themselves, but added together all play a part in a football club's running costs.

Be great if we could spend regardless of any thought for the future, but I would also prefer to see us worrying about whether or not we will be playing top or second flight football next season, rather than worrying if we are going to be docked 10 or 20 points for unpaid bills and administration.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:43 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Done deal. ;)

Well? :? ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby rhblue » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Sven wrote:

Wasn’t worth 20 million anyway :lol:
rhblue

Postby skiprat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Funny isn't it?. People go on about administration winding up orders etc .but it never happens.all these so called crisis clubs are still in business and most on the rise eg Sunderland Leeds Portsmouth Luton.
skiprat

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:07 pm

skiprat wrote:Funny isn't it?. People go on about administration winding up orders etc .but it never happens.all these so called crisis clubs are still in business and most on the rise eg Sunderland Leeds Portsmouth Luton.

Not everyone would swap places with the likes of Coventry, Wimbledon and quite a few more. Coventry a a similar size club to us. I know which club I would rather be a fan of during the last decade. They had over thirty consecutive seasons in the top flight, and are a good example of how quickly things can go wrong with a football club.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 pm

rhblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Only time will/would have told on that one but another 'faux pas' from the serial poster of pointless tosh that is Rydogsccfc :oops:

"Done deal. ;) ", he said. Must be one of those NHS medicals where he's still on a trolley in the corridor! ;) :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:02 am

My concern is the french league is not a patch on the prem,if rumours are true,we could be paying over the odds on an unknown player,,who maybe has had a purple patch (hasn't scored in 4?)a bit like ken did in the championship, if this does indeed come off,I'm hoping it's not just money he's coming for?? Hope he comes and makes me out a mug :laughing6: :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:22 am

Apparently Tottenham want him ,so it looks as if he'll retire to their substitutes bench for about £250,000 a week and once again a top six team will smother competition and a playing career with their cheque book.
I'm honestly getting tired of football itself , which I never thought would happen , when I see this sort of thing happen again and again and again.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Apparently Tottenham want him ,so it looks as if he'll retire to their substitutes bench for about £250,000 a week and once again a top six team will smother competition and a playing career with their cheque book.
I'm honestly getting tired of football itself , which I never thought would happen , when I see this sort of thing happen again and again and again.

well the 25 man squad was brought in and now FIFA are attempting to limit the amount of players that a club can loan out so there is progress.
I do agree with your point though, far too many players wasting their talents { while making a fortune } as squad players . it also then stands to reason the gulf between the top and bottom gets bigger.
as for Spurs interest, it looks as if we might have been used as a means of pushing the price up.?
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Looks like by Warnock's latest comments that your wide of the mark rydog!
nubbsy

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:12 am

;) ;)
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:;) ;)

You said done deal when it's not. Just in talks wouldn't get over confident just yet fella.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Rydogsccfc » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

You said done deal when it's not. Just in talks wouldn't get over confident just yet fella.

;) ;) ;)
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

;) ;) ;)

hmmm may be on?

This is a good sign though - He's pulled out of Nantes squad for tonight's game v Nimes.

Who knows?
Bluebina

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Sven wrote:
rhblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Only time will/would have told on that one but another 'faux pas' from the serial poster of pointless tosh that is Rydogsccfc :oops:

"Done deal. ;) ", he said. Must be one of those NHS medicals where he's still on a trolley in the corridor! ;) :lol:

You were saying. ;)

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (896.97 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Rydogsccfc

Previous

Return to General Chat