Seriously

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Seriously

Postby Brezza » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Despite Callum Paterson’s valiant efforts and we all have respect for him. There are only 17 games left. Zohore starts training next week and will miss Huddersfield and Newcastle. He might play some part at Arsenal. We are then down to 14 games. He wasn’t that brilliant in the Championship and we cannot be sure he will make it in the Premiership Oe even avoid injury - AGAIN. That leaves Paterson to lead the attack with Ward as back up who is always injured himself. Reid and Murphy are decent but cannot lead the attack. So it really is down to Paterson a £400K converted fullback to hopefully preserve our Premier League status. And Sir Neil says it will go to the wire in the window having said on numerous occasions we need a centre forward but now gives every indication we will go with what we have got. Absolutely ridiculous.
So Murphy, Reid, Smithies and Cunningham have been bought from Championship clubs.
Picks, Madine and Tomlin gone.
Camarasa is a loanee bought late in the last Window and Arter came at the 11th hour when he didn’t fancy coming until the end of the last window.
Come February Zohore will be injured again and a knackered Paterson a utility player will continue leading the attack for effectively the whole of the season.
No mention of a new fullback or midfield player.
I’m not a pessimist just a realist.
Seriously!
This is a ridiculous situation for a Premier League club.
Brezza

Seriously

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Seriously

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:58 pm

Ten days into the window. Out of the bottom three.

You mention players who have gone - Pilks, Tomlin and Madine. Only one was in the 25 man squad, and barely featured.

No ridiculous situation, no crisis.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 pm

and your not a pessimist .
dogfound

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:38 pm

Took a while to decipher but I got there and (to be honest) it was disappointing at best! :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:03 pm

Brezza wrote:Despite Callum Paterson’s valiant efforts and we all have respect for him. There are only 17 games left. Zohore starts training next week and will miss Huddersfield and Newcastle. He might play some part at Arsenal. We are then down to 14 games. He wasn’t that brilliant in the Championship and we cannot be sure he will make it in the Premiership Oe even avoid injury - AGAIN. That leaves Paterson to lead the attack with Ward as back up who is always injured himself. Reid and Murphy are decent but cannot lead the attack. So it really is down to Paterson a £400K converted fullback to hopefully preserve our Premier League status. And Sir Neil says it will go to the wire in the window having said on numerous occasions we need a centre forward but now gives every indication we will go with what we have got. Absolutely ridiculous.
So Murphy, Reid, Smithies and Cunningham have been bought from Championship clubs.
Picks, Madine and Tomlin gone.
Camarasa is a loanee bought late in the last Window and Arter came at the 11th hour when he didn’t fancy coming until the end of the last window.
Come February Zohore will be injured again and a knackered Paterson a utility player will continue leading the attack for effectively the whole of the season.
No mention of a new fullback or midfield player.
I’m not a pessimist just a realist.
Seriously!
This is a ridiculous situation for a Premier League club.

What is he supposed to do though Brezza. We know he has a very limited amount of money to spend, and we know it has never been easy to get players to come here unless we throw a lot of cash in their direction. I think a lot of players we may be interested in would have a preference for other clubs if the opportunity arises. We would probably have to pay them an inflated salary to get them down here, and probably a good bit more than they are really worth. As we get closer to the end of the window, and their options begin to dry up, then we may get them at the true going rate, but they will be mainly the ones that the other clubs did'nt want.

I don't see Tan making big increases to what is available for Warnock to spend. I think he has a business plan in place, and will stick to it as much as he possibly can. Personally, my opinion for what it's worth, is Tan had a plan in place to clear, or at least reduce our debts, and unexpectedly found his club back in the PL against all the odds. A nice little bonus for him, and even better if he can stick closely to his plan and preserve our PL status at the same time. Even if we fail, we end up back where we were with a season's worth of income from the PL, and parachute payments to follow. He is almost certainly onto a bit of a winner as things stand. The question is now whether he will change his strategy, and gamble again in the hope of increasing our odds of remaining in the PL.

I don't know what he will do, but I can only go by what he has said publicly in the past. His aims were no debts by 2021, and the club to be running within it's means. The next few weeks will give us an idea how this is to be achieved.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Brezza » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 am

A very good reply Steve and much common sense. My issue is that Sir Neil always says what he wants/needs and gives the fans hope only to be left disappointed. I am a Warnock fan and have supported the club since 1967. However in this day and age to go through a season with a 4000K converted full back to striker for the whole season is just absolutely ridiculous. And totally unfair on Patterson.
Brezza

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:44 am

Brezza wrote:A very good reply Steve and much common sense. My issue is that Sir Neil always says what he wants/needs and gives the fans hope only to be left disappointed. I am a Warnock fan and have supported the club since 1967. However in this day and age to go through a season with a 4000K converted full back to striker for the whole season is just absolutely ridiculous. And totally unfair on Patterson.

you do realise that many players start off in one position and then get converted into something totally different ?
and not only this but many started at 9/10 years of age in the position they end up in only for some coach short of a LB.RB, CB etc along the way to try them there, they do well and hey presto thats the box they then find themselves in. until it dawns on someone that the boy van do other things.

Gareth Bale played many premier league games as a left back..is that what he is.?.
the pantomime villain Chris Sutton started off at Norwich as a CB went on to win the golden boot as a striker.
John Charles could and did play CB and CF.

nobody was sure whether James Collins was an attacker or a defender { LL said as much } his debut as a sub was up front for earnshaw. both Adam Mathews and Declan John were converts to full back late in teens.and Gillinghams manager last Saturday had played over a 100 lge games hardly scoring from midfield {think it was 4 gls } before converting to striker where he got 130 gls in 350 apps.

as for Patts..he ceratainly did not play much for Hearts in defence in his early career,was converted to a RB the was used as a striker, then RB again. Warnock says he can not defend and the boy himself says he hates playing RB.

yes be nice if we sign someone to strengthen our squad. but come on mate that post sounded as if you were looking for things to be down about.
dogfound

Return to General Chat