Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NEIL WARNOCKS MESSAGE TO CARDIFF FANS "

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:40 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:If we dont sign any players,... Im afraid at the end of season, or perhaps in a few months time... Fans will turn and be like

"we should have, could have signed a striker... Tan out, warnock out".

Not me though,I'm no fairweather fan.New what we signed up to and not being a cry baby over perceived transfer misses is not one.Better sign no-one than another Lambert.

I’m not sure what planet the rest of our fans are on

He made it perfectly clear blue and run within our means

I have accepted that and my rough calculations suggest we have about £20m this window that includes eveeyhjting to do with a signing, the fee the signing on fee the agents fee and the wages realisticallynthis is one good player and maybe a loan with part wages

Why others can’t see the same as me and yourself I don’t know

The man is in for £180m he’s not putting more in

He made it all perfectly clear, and fans accepted it. Some have short memories or selective hearing.

Would love a beer one day steve honest chap that always talks sense

I can’t fathom some on here I really can’t see £100m and think we haven’t spent anywhere near it cos we only used £30m on transers

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:52 pm

Mr Warnock doesn't have to explain himself to anyone. The man who proved every one wrong and took Cardiff to the premier league will always have my support,even if no one else is signed . In Neil I trust :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:54 pm

ThomasC wrote:I've heard a few posts today saying i'm anti-Warnock anti-Cardiff. I want Warnock to be backed in the market. I do not agree with the club's way of thinking at all if they believe we don't need 2 quality additions!!!

you've made a post suggesting transfers suited his son.
and accused a 70 year old who really does not need the headwork of running around Europe in some kind of deception where he has no intention of signing anyone. those were the worse but there have been others.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:21 pm

We are over performing and on an upward trend through the season.
Been in big business a long time and that’s all you want. We all need to chill out. In a good place.
Senior management is sound with a top well respected manager in Neil.
Block 111 optimist

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:What is so wrong with playing for the capital citys football club in the Premier League and for a club still outside the relegation zone despite spending modestly (by most comparable standards)?!

To me, all this talk of going to the wire again smacks of deja vu and the same old lines being trotted out.

I think we need a statement from Dalman or even Tan cutting the bullshit and telling it like it is even if that is a bit unpalatable.

At present it simply looks like the board have no plan or any ambition to stay in the big league and that's really disappointing.

Never mind all this stuff about players wanting more glamourous locations- is Bournemouth with its average 11k attendances glamourous!? Are they a bigger club than Cardiff? Of course they're not.

Have you been to Bournemouth? Beautiful part of the world. Established Premier Team too with a manager who will be in a top job in not too long. I think players are gonna go there. We then get the players they don’t need.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 pm

Dahboy wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is

Tan is not a premier league owner and needs to sell to someone who has the financial backing and ambition to take us forward.
Yes I want champions league football.

I must say that most of your comments are terribly negative and generally wrong. I'm sorry to be so rude and I don't mean to be personal but I'm mystified as to why you bother posting here when you seem to detest the club and everyone connected with it so much.

I love this club but I don't have to love every aspect of it. I'm a fan and football is for the people isn't it?

You're absolutely right. Don't let the blinkered tossers get you down. There's an awful lot of bullshit about

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:I fear for our place in the Premiershi,we have an owner who has shown no real ambition to stay in the Premiership we virtually have a Championship team trying to compete in the Premiership giving all they have but with one or two noble exceptions have not been able to make that jump in class that was needed and finally a Championship Manager trying to manage in the Premiership and being shown how completely out of his depth he is

Tan is not a premier league owner and needs to sell to someone who has the financial backing and ambition to take us forward.
Yes I want champions league football.

I must say that most of your comments are terribly negative and generally wrong. I'm sorry to be so rude and I don't mean to be personal but I'm mystified as to why you bother posting here when you seem to detest the club and everyone connected with it so much.

Don’t apologise for being rude. The guy is a prick.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:13 am

dogfound wrote:
cityone wrote:If we do not sign any quality players in this window (i think we need three players) then we will go down.

we could sign 6 and still go down. massively short on quality going up and the whole world knew it.
doing better than expected so far yet people are in meltdown.?

No meltdown from me just being a realist, we've needed an out and out striker for well over 12 months, we've needed a right back and more quality in midfield since the summer, for some mind blowing reason warnock never addressed any of them even after admitting to a few fan forums that he still had £10 million to spend when the transfer window closed. So where are we, warnock pays £10 million on reid and very rarely uses him, we continually play a centre half at right back in manga, (peltier is the other choice) and a right back who was coverted to midfield as our main striker/target man in patterson, unbelieveably we are still moutside the drop zone with a squad which totally lacks quality. Come the end of the month all the other teams around us will strenghen (huddersfield have already brought someone in) if we don't, as i said, we will go down.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:29 am

cityone wrote:
dogfound wrote:
cityone wrote:If we do not sign any quality players in this window (i think we need three players) then we will go down.

we could sign 6 and still go down. massively short on quality going up and the whole world knew it.

No meltdown from me just being a realist, we've needed an out and out striker for well over 12 months, we've needed a right back and more quality in midfield since the summer, for some mind blowing reason warnock never addressed any of them even after admitting to a few fan forums that he still had £10 million to spend when the transfer window closed. So where are we, warnock pays £10 million on reid and very rarely uses him, we continually play a centre half at right back in manga, (peltier is the other choice) and a right back who was coverted to midfield as our main striker/target man in patterson, unbelieveably we are still moutside the drop zone with a squad which totally lacks quality. Come the end of the month all the other teams around us will strenghen (huddersfield have already brought someone in) if we don't, as i said, we will go down.

or maybe they will all spend and it make no difference to them . people talk as if its the be all and end all , its a wonder to me how any team has ever been relegated tbh. its easy buy 3 players and stay up.
last year Swansea brought in Ayew went down..WBA brought in Sturidge went down..Stoke paid 14m for ndiaye went down..and Southampto paid19mill for carrillo who was a flop did not score but stayed up.
be great if we get players in that the manager actually wants but do not grasp this desperation to panic buy

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:37 am

dogfound wrote:
cityone wrote:
dogfound wrote:

or maybe they will all spend and it make no difference to them . people talk as if its the be all and end all , its a wonder to me how any team has ever been relegated tbh. its easy buy 3 players and stay up.
last year Swansea brought in Ayew went down..WBA brought in Sturidge went down..Stoke paid 14m for ndiaye went down..and Southampto paid19mill for carrillo who was a flop did not score but stayed up.
be great if we get players in that the manager actually wants but do not grasp this desperation to panic buy

Spot on. Good post and an excellent example of what could happen. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:02 am

dogfound wrote:
cityone wrote:
dogfound wrote:

How by bringing in a striker and a right back is panic buying????? because at this moment in time we havn't got a recognised rb or striker you do realise that do you??? manga is getting torn a new one every week by a premiership class winger and for all pattersons effort he is like a fish out of water up front in this league. The teams you mentioned above who brought in strikers last season and still failed already HAD genuine strikers at their club and although no new signing is a guarantee we havn't got any strikers of quality.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am

dogfound wrote:
ThomasC wrote:I've heard a few posts today saying i'm anti-Warnock anti-Cardiff. I want Warnock to be backed in the market. I do not agree with the club's way of thinking at all if they believe we don't need 2 quality additions!!!

and accused a 70 year old who really does not need the headwork of running around Europe in some kind of deception where he has no intention of signing anyone. those were the worse but there have been others.

The first one is quite right; it's not a popular subject so should be left alone. If Sala doesn't sign after watching and talking to him personally, he's not being backed in the TM by the club. That would be enough for some managers to see they're position as untenable. However, it never comes to that which raises suspicions from me.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 pm

ThomasC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The first one is quite right; it's not a popular subject so should be left alone. If Sala doesn't sign after watching and talking to him personally, he's not being backed in the TM by the club. That would be enough for some managers to see they're position as untenable. However, it never comes to that which raises suspicions from me.

If I was Sala, I would think hard before I decided to leave one of the most successful clubs in French football to join a PL relegation battle. Nantes are not exactly a small lower league side. They have a bigger stadium than us, average crowds of around 25k, and are currently sitting mid table. He is scoring goals, and generally is in a good place even if the club are well out of the title race. Not sure how much truth there is in the rumours of interest from Spurs, but I can understand it if he has reservations about coming to Cardiff. He may be biding his time to see which clubs show interest in him before deciding. Even then, he may decide he is better off staying where he is. Just because a club does not sign a player they are interested in, does not mean that it is the club who are at fault. The player and his agent will ultimately make the final decision.

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm

ThomasC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

how on earth is the clubs agreeing a fee and the player then turning down a huge increase in wages not being backed...
keep up the anti Warnock agenda. youll be calling him a hypocrite nxt ..oh youve done that..

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
dogfound wrote:

how on earth is the clubs agreeing a fee and the player then turning down a huge increase in wages not being backed...
keep up the anti Warnock agenda. youll be calling him a hypocrite nxt ..oh youve done that..

:thumbup:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Seems one minute we are considering the likes of Joe Allen, Alan Judge and Charlie Adam, now we are totally abroad with no consideration given to people like Maupay, woods, vokes etc, or even the Scottish market where surely there are natural strikers there that are better than Patterson, crazy, if our budget does not permit us to compete with other clubs, Why are we even in that Market

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Seems one minute we are considering the likes of Joe Allen, Alan Judge and Charlie Adam, now we are totally abroad with no consideration given to people like Maupay, woods, vokes etc, or even the Scottish market where surely there are natural strikers there that are better than Patterson, crazy, if our budget does not permit us to compete with other clubs, Why are we even in that Market

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Susankelly02 wrote:Seems one minute we are considering the likes of Joe Allen, Alan Judge and Charlie Adam, now we are totally abroad with no consideration given to people like Maupay, woods, vokes etc, or even the Scottish market where surely there are natural strikers there that are better than Patterson, crazy, if our budget does not permit us to compete with other clubs, Why are we even in that Market

I think those names have been mentioned on here and not by the club or manager.