WARNOCKS REVEALS BACK UP PLAN IF WE FAIL IN TRANSFER MARKET

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Kenneth Zohore will Be fit for Newcastle Away and Warnock believes Zohore is capable of doing the job.

Warnock is hoping Rhys Healey will shine this month and be the other striker needed.

Neil Warnock reveals potential back-up plan if Cardiff City fail in their January bid to land a striker

The Bluebirds boss remains keen on bolstering his attacking options, but admits he may be forced to make other plans

By Tom Coleman

Friday 11 Jan 2019

The Bluebirds boss remains keen on bolstering his attacking options, but admits he may be forced to make other plans

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has suggested he could be prepared to hand Rhys Healey his chance to shine in the Premier League, particularly if he fails to land the new striker he so craves in this window.

Having signed a new three-year contract with the Bluebirds last season, the 24-year old has returned from a recent fruitful loan spell at Milton Keynes, where he scored nine goals in 21 games.

MK boss Paul Tisdale has already admitted that he'd "love to get him back" in this window and Warnock admits he's at a crossroads in terms of where to go next with the highly-rated forward.

But with Danny Ward currently recovering from a head injury and Kenneth Zohore another week away from full training, Healey could yet fit straight into the first team set-up for this weekend's crunch clash with Huddersfield Town.

"He'll probably be involved at the weekend if Danny Ward's not about," Warnock said. "I don't honestly know yet."

Another loan spell hasn't been ruled, although Warnock insists that MK are the only club that he would consider doing a deal with.

Cardiff City striker Rhys Healey

He added: "If he is involved with us, he can only go back to MK Dons, he can't go anywhere else, so I've got to think about that. He's done brilliantly at MK Dons and he's looked sharp in training."

Warnock has made little secret of his desire to get a new striker on board in this window, with the club seemingly refusing to give up in their chase for Nantes frontman Emiliano Sala, although the City boss remains pessimistic on getting a deal done for the Argentine.

Nevertheless, he claims several other striking targets have already been drawn up, although he admits that there is a possibility that he may have to work with what he's got.

"The window is a bit like climbing a mountain with butter on your hands," he said. "One minute you think you're almost there and then you slide back down.

"You get your hopes up and say yes that’s a done deal and then the next day it’s not a done deal.
Attachments
07D5DF0B-811C-4350-90C8-B9C9FDA4F43E.jpeg
07D5DF0B-811C-4350-90C8-B9C9FDA4F43E.jpeg (128.79 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WARNOCKS BACK UP PLAN IF WE FAIL IN TRANSFER NARKET

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 pm

RHYS HEALEY HAS POTENTIAL

NEIL WARNOCK:

"You've got to learn to live with that and say that if we don't get any players in we've got to get points with what we've got and continue the miracle.

"The lads are brilliant. If I was going into the trenches, I would like them alongside me. There's some much worse situations than ours."

That situation would potentially leave the door open for Healey, who's been tipped for a bright future by those in the know at City, and Warnock himself has no doubt he can prove a success in the Premier League.

"You know what you're getting with Rhys. He's an absolute gem of a lad. He'll cause problems. Even at this level he'll cause problems.

"I won't have any problems. If I don't get anyone make no mistake he won't be going anywhere."
Attachments
38961FE1-4F2A-4DF1-B485-F0936CF39F97.jpeg
38961FE1-4F2A-4DF1-B485-F0936CF39F97.jpeg (128.79 KiB) Viewed 6453 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: WARNOCKS REVEALS BACK UP PLAN IF WE FAIL IN TRANSFER MAR

Postby Deano1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Give Rhys a chance. Concentrate on defensive re-inforcements
Deano1

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:02 pm

Deano1 wrote:Give Rhys a chance. Concentrate on defensive re-inforcements

You can't be serious? :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:05 pm

That's plan B? Whilst still plenty time to sign a striker it's beginning to look like he's given up on getting a striker at least! :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Deano1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Concede less = more chance of not losing. Simple maths.

He's fit, confident, scoring goals, and he's ours. Give him a shot
Deano1

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Deano1 wrote:

Don't think its time to give him a shot... I'd rather we continue playing Paterson up there.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Deano1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Deano1 wrote:

Don't think its time to give him a shot... I'd rather we continue playing Paterson up there.

So would i, but give him madine's place in the squad at least. At least there would be a possible goal on the bench then
Deano1

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Deano1 wrote:
Deano1 wrote:

So would i, but give him madine's place in the squad at least. At least there would be a possible goal on the bench then

I'd rather we kept Madine myself :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Dahboy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Kenneth Zohore will Be fit for Newcastle Away and Warnock believes Zohore is capable of doing the job.

Warnock is hoping Rhys Healey will shine this month and be the other striker needed.

Neil Warnock reveals potential back-up plan if Cardiff City fail in their January bid to land a striker

By Tom Coleman

Friday 11 Jan 2019

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock has suggested he could be prepared to hand Rhys Healey his chance to shine in the Premier League, particularly if he fails to land the new striker he so craves in this window.

Having signed a new three-year contract with the Bluebirds last season, the 24-year old has returned from a recent fruitful loan spell at Milton Keynes, where he scored nine goals in 21 games.

MK boss Paul Tisdale has already admitted that he'd "love to get him back" in this window and Warnock admits he's at a crossroads in terms of where to go next with the highly-rated forward.

But with Danny Ward currently recovering from a head injury and Kenneth Zohore another week away from full training, Healey could yet fit straight into the first team set-up for this weekend's crunch clash with Huddersfield Town.

"He'll probably be involved at the weekend if Danny Ward's not about," Warnock said. "I don't honestly know yet."

Another loan spell hasn't been ruled, although Warnock insists that MK are the only club that he would consider doing a deal with.

He added: "If he is involved with us, he can only go back to MK Dons, he can't go anywhere else, so I've got to think about that. He's done brilliantly at MK Dons and he's looked sharp in training."

Warnock has made little secret of his desire to get a new striker on board in this window, with the club seemingly refusing to give up in their chase for Nantes frontman Emiliano Sala, although the City boss remains pessimistic on getting a deal done for the Argentine.

Nevertheless, he claims several other striking targets have already been drawn up, although he admits that there is a possibility that he may have to work with what he's got.

"The window is a bit like climbing a mountain with butter on your hands," he said. "One minute you think you're almost there and then you slide back down.

"You get your hopes up and say yes that’s a done deal and then the next day it’s not a done deal.

What a crock of shit.
Dahboy

Postby City Slicker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:That's plan B? Whilst still plenty time to sign a striker it's beginning to look like he's given up on getting a striker at least! :roll:

This looks a bit like Theresa May's plan B :roll:
City Slicker

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Love to see Rhys turn out for us regularly if we end up back in league one or as a squad player in the championship but as a premier league striker you must be joking.To small to play up front on his own and Reid is a better option in a front two. Might as well let him finish the season at Milton Keynes. Are we hearing the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped?
Crayfish

Postby Dahboy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Crayfish wrote:Love to see Rhys turn out for us regularly if we end up back in league one or as a squad player in the championship but as a premier league striker you must be joking.To small to play up front on his own and Reid is a better option in a front two. Might as well let him finish the season at Milton Keynes. Are we hearing the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped?

yep.
Dahboy

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:50 pm

all together now, " all we are saying, is give Rhys a chance.."
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:51 pm

City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:That's plan B? Whilst still plenty time to sign a striker it's beginning to look like he's given up on getting a striker at least! :roll:

Didn't know she had one? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby rhblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Deano1 wrote:
Deano1 wrote:

I'd rather we kept Madine myself :laughing5:

We need two upfront zohore/Patterson and Reid/ward/Healy
I think a defender is more important in this transfer window, we have 5 strikers surly if we played 2 together we would get more goals. If we buy a striker he ain’t going to run the pitch and score :lol:
Defender would be my priority
rhblue

Postby RageJon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:24 pm

To many mixed posts on what's happening at the moment.
It's like listening to politicians trying to justify why the nhs is low on staff !!!
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby Bluesman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Zohore's injury shouldn't take too long to improve. It doesn't take long to remove splinters from your arse.
Bluesman

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Kenneth Zohore will Be fit for Newcastle Away and Warnock believes Zohore is capable of doing the job.

By Tom Coleman

Friday 11 Jan 2019

What a crock of shit.

Don't put yourself down! ;) :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:55 pm

RageJon wrote:To many mixed posts on what's happening at the moment.
It's like listening to politicians trying to justify why the nhs is low on staff !!!

well there are those posting that see no reason to not trust Warnock and believe what he says.
and other posters who would not believe the news if they heard it on Warnocks radio , and have a whole assortment of conspiracy theories.
dogfound

Postby castleblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:09 pm

I'd love someone to ask NW why he looks at Rhys Healey as the back up plan when he already has a £9m striker, a player who scored 19 goals in the Championship last season, at the club.

Surely Bobby Reid would both create chances and score goals if he was given a decent run in the team.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby RageJon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
RageJon wrote:To many mixed posts on what's happening at the moment.

well there are those posting that see no reason to not trust Warnock and believe what he says.
and other posters who would not believe the news if they heard it on Warnocks radio , and have a whole assortment of conspiracy theories.

Warnock is doing a great job without a shadow of a dout to be where we are in the league at the moment we can never take that away from him with the budget he has had.
He does not like to buy in January he's expressed that previously.
My worry is that if we have a few players with knocks then it's game over as we are exceeding expectations as it is.

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 pm

castleblue wrote:I'd love someone to ask NW why he looks at Rhys Healey as the back up plan when he already has a £9m striker, a player who scored 19 goals in the Championship last season, at the club.

Surely Bobby Reid would both create chances and score goals if he was given a decent run in the team.

I took it as taking Madines place in the 25 man squad if no other striker is brought in .
dogfound

Postby rhblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm

castleblue wrote:I'd love someone to ask NW why he looks at Rhys Healey as the back up plan when he already has a £9m striker, a player who scored 19 goals in the Championship last season, at the club.

Reid was a bad buy doesn’t suit warnocks tatics unless he has a target man upfront :bluescarf:
rhblue

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm

What’s plan B then?
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:What’s plan B then?

there is no back up plan or plan B other than including Rhys Healey in the 25 man squad instead of Madine {who did not play } if we fail in attempts to bring in another striker. you have obviously read it and concluded the same.
dogfound

Postby castleblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:35 pm

dogfound wrote:

I took it as taking Madines place in the 25 man squad if no other striker is brought in .

Yes there is that absolutely but surely Rhys Healey would be well behind Bobby Reid. The point I was trying to make is surely we need to find a way of getting the best out of Bobby Reid and that would start by giving him a decent run in the team. He hasn't been given that in my opinion.

castleblue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Deano1 wrote:

Usually I agree with you but why not give home a chance? He's 24 now and has played games the past few seasons. I'd be happy to give him a go. Yes it's a gamble he could either flop or turn out to be like a new signing! Never know til you tried! :thumbup:
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby RageJon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 pm

castleblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Yes there is that absolutely but surely Rhys Healey would be well behind Bobby Reid. The point I was trying to make is surely we need to find a way of getting the best out of Bobby Reid and that would start by giving him a decent run in the team. He hasn't been given that in my opinion.

Completely agree Ried hasn't been given a real chance he reminds me a little bit of earnshaw

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby City Slicker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Didn't know she had one? :laughing6:

Exactly, that's what I mean :thumbup:
City Slicker

Next

Return to General Chat