Rhys Healey

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rhys Healey

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Apparently Sir Neil is talking about playing him against Huddersfield , but can he even do that ......

Isn't a new player added to the squad permanent until the summer ...
SirJimmySchoular

Rhys Healey

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Rhys Healey

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:32 pm

yes
dogfound

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:37 pm

I don't see why we don't give him ago. IF he plays don't expect miracles though he will need a few games. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him in the prem.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:20 pm

dogfound wrote:yes

NO, we can add anyone to the 25 during the January window and register 25 on 31st. January
Igovernor

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Igovernor wrote:

NO, we can add anyone to the 25 during the January window and register 25 on 31st. January

I may have misunderstood the Yes bit, I thought it was a reply to the OP, about not registering players until the summer, if it was a yes to, that we can play him then that would be correct, perhaps dogfound can elaborate on exactly what he meant with the "yes" reply :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 pm

good luck to rhys healey, a great young welsh talent who shone on loan at MK Dons. So i can't wait to see what he has in his locker.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby salopiancity » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:47 pm

I’m not sure but don’t under 23’s not count in the squad numbers?
salopiancity

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

I may have misunderstood the Yes bit, I thought it was a reply to the OP, about not registering players until the summer, if it was a yes to, that we can play him then that would be correct, perhaps dogfound can elaborate on exactly what he meant with the "yes" reply :thumbup:

yes I agree with you...and yes to..... can he do that.. :lol: :thumbup:
dogfound

Postby castleblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 pm

salopiancity wrote:I’m not sure but don’t under 23’s not count in the squad numbers?

I'm sure it's under 21 players who don't count in the 25 man squad not under 23.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Walinoz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Really would prefer for Neil to give him ago as opposed to playing Paterson up there
Walinoz

Postby rhblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:29 pm

We payed 9 million for Reid though
rhblue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Walinoz wrote:Really would prefer for Neil to give him ago as opposed to playing Paterson up there

Or Paterson as CF with Healey behind? To be fair to Paterson he wins some headers.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Might be a good idea to give hi. 20 minutes towards the end if the game goes well to see what he can do, as long as that doesn't tie us to including him in the squad till the summer.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby phildavies » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 pm

He can’t play up front on his own for us. If we are switching to two up front however then him and Patterson could be a good combo.

Why so many on here are any Patterson up front however I don’t understand he is by far our best option unless we bring someone new in. Also no he is not a right back for any of the idiots that still call him one. He is probably one of our best players this year in fact deffo in the top 5.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:good luck to rhys healey, a great young welsh talent who shone on loan at MK Dons. So i can't wait to see what he has in his locker.

Agree - Good Luck To The Lad :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby BarryWelsh88 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 am

Is this thread serious?
BarryWelsh88

Postby bluebirdrob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:57 am

Rhys Healey is born in Manchester not Wales he is now 24

Not sure how he fits in squad of 25 unless January don't count

He wasn't up to playing championship football so went on loan how is he going to be able to play in the Premier

We have enough players in squad already not of the required standard

Players of a better standard are needed to help us stay up
bluebirdrob

Postby Llan_Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:14 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Apparently Sir Neil is talking about playing him against Huddersfield , but can he even do that ......

Isn't a new player added to the squad permanent until the summer ...

He said he might be involved as in on the bench.
Yes he can do that.
No there not you have till the end of the transfer window to finalise your squad again.
Llan_Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:18 am

bluebirdrob wrote:Rhys Healey is born in Manchester not Wales he is now 24

He wasn't up to playing championship football so went on loan how is he going to be able to play in the Premier

Agree fully with this but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he was on the bench today.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:44 am

people do improve you know or do you think Deli Ali should still be playing for MK dons as well.?

chances are he is not good enough but we are in a position to use him/try him out this month without it costing us anything .be nice if we could have 2 or 3 players in a similar situation. as for his age, normally a 24 year old that has not broken into 1st team football would set alarms off in this case though he has suffered a lot with serious injury often when he was close to a break through.

anyway NW sees him training everyday and personally I have every confidence that our manager will only use him if he feels the boy has a chance .

have to add,Tomlin is playing in that lge now ,and for a much better team. if he scored 9 in 21 there will be plenty on here saying we shouldn't have let him go, and should defo use him nxt season.
dogfound

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:26 am

dogfound wrote:

people do improve you know or do you think Deli Ali should still be playing for MK dons as well.?

chances are he is not good enough but we are in a position to use him/try him out this month without it costing us anything .be nice if we could have 2 or 3 players in a similar situation. as for his age, normally a 24 year old that has not broken into 1st team football would set alarms off in this case though he has suffered a lot with serious injury often when he was close to a break through.

anyway NW sees him training everyday and personally I have every confidence that our manager will only use him if he feels the boy has a chance .

have to add,Tomlin is playing in that lge now ,and for a much better team. if he scored 9 in 21 there will be plenty on here saying we shouldn't have let him go, and should defo use him nxt season.

Players can improve, yes. But isn’t Healey now at the age where he’s unlikely to improve significantly?

He’s 24, while Alli was 18 when Spurs signed him from MK Dons.

That said, I can understand him being in contention to be on the bench. Ward and Zohore still injured, and now Madine has gone.

But going forward, I’m not sure he’s the best option.

Hopefully I’m wrong and he comes on to get the winner today.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby dogfound » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:40 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Players can improve, yes. But isn’t Healey now at the age where he’s unlikely to improve significantly?

He’s 24, while Alli was 18 when Spurs signed him from MK Dons.

That said, I can understand him being in contention to be on the bench. Ward and Zohore still injured, and now Madine has gone.

But going forward, I’m not sure he’s the best option.

Hopefully I’m wrong and he comes on to get the winner today.

chances are ,he is not good enough but its a free hit and as said above he has been hampered by major injury .

will point out he is younger { almost 2 years } than Bobby Reid whos best season at the same age was 18 starts and 3 goals for Brisol City.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Gave the ball away with his first 2 touches. Looked nervous. Big jump from league 1.
nubbsy

Postby Gringo22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:Gave the ball away with his first 2 touches. Looked nervous. Big jump from league 1.

He did look nervous tbh, but he did make few promising runs. I'd give him a start next game if we don't get anyone else in by then
Gringo22

Postby rhblue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:45 pm

Gringo22 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Gave the ball away with his first 2 touches. Looked nervous. Big jump from league 1.

He did look nervous tbh, but he did make few promising runs. I'd give him a start next game if we don't get anyone else in by then

Are you joking Healy starting next game :lol: we have 2
other attackers who are far better than him joke by warnock putting him on bench let a lone on the pitch
rhblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm

He needs to be released.
2blue2handle

Postby rhblue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He needs to be released.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rhblue

Postby Jimmykingz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm

I honestly think Warnock brought him on for the long throws only
b*stard
Jimmykingz

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Not sure why he’s getting skated for today

He’s not the answer but his 20 minutes he won more balls than Paterson did all game got to the vbyeline a few times and whilst he probably isn’t good enough at this level he sowed that something different can work

I don’t think I seen us win a second ball all game until he come on today was lively and tried more than I can say for some of our players today that looked like rabbits in the headlights

I said ok another thread I fully expected Huddersfield to dominate possession but we were abysmal with ball in hand today worst I’ve seen this season and I’ve seen some poor games

Onwards and upwards though defo some crowd turinijg today as well but the importance of the game I’m not surprised Newcastle game is again massive next week can’t wait for the trip to be honest
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:34 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Not sure why he’s getting skated for today

He’s not the answer but his 20 minutes he won more balls than Paterson did all game got to the vbyeline a few times and whilst he probably isn’t good enough at this level he sowed that something different can work

I don’t think I seen us win a second ball all game until he come on today was lively and tried more than I can say for some of our players today that looked like rabbits in the headlights

I said ok another thread I fully expected Huddersfield to dominate possession but we were abysmal with ball in hand today worst I’ve seen this season and I’ve seen some poor games

Onwards and upwards though defo some crowd turinijg today as well but the importance of the game I’m not surprised Newcastle game is again massive next week can’t wait for the trip to be honest

Can't agree, didn't see him do anything of note except jog about and lose the ball.
2blue2handle

Next

Return to General Chat