NEIL WARNOCK:I don’t want players to just come for the money

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

'I don’t want players to just come for the money'

Was Tameze close?

"We’ve been close with one or two players
But one of those deals could be back on. I don’t think I can say anything to you until someone has signed a contract."

"At the same time they’re speaking to me, agents are offering them to five or six other clubs. I don’t want players to just come for the money.
We’re a great club with a great fanbase. If we’ve got to get on with what we’ve got, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it."

Sala deal not dead?

"Nothing’s completely off the agenda. Quite a few things will have to change for it to be back on."

"We’ve got five targets to get one striker whereas last week we only had three.
So there’s a few more opportunities, but it’s a case of getting one over the line."
Attachments
1_JS159589222-2.jpg
1_JS159589222-2.jpg (41.02 KiB) Viewed 4582 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:I don’t want players to just come for the m

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Damn right!
jimmy_rat

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Well we wont be signing anyone then :lol: Im almost certain if someone is coming here its for the money, hardly an attractive option otherwise the way we play. Especially for a striker who is going to have to run himself into the ground for little appreciation.
2blue2handle

Postby davids » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 pm

We've had way too many of those over the last few years.
davids

Postby Bluebird1990 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Well unfortunately thats how modern football is, unless the player is a fan of the club then the main reason they'll move is for money and people need to accept that
Bluebird1990

Postby NIBluebird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:29 pm

We'll say Sala decision making cost us another striker.

Sometimes just have to move on to other targets
NIBluebird

Postby Danny Says » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:Well unfortunately thats how modern football is, unless the player is a fan of the club then the main reason they'll move is for money and people need to accept that

Spot on - "I don’t want players to just come for the money" - sums up the modern game.

What else are they coming for????????????
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:Well unfortunately thats how modern football is, unless the player is a fan of the club then the main reason they'll move is for money and people need to accept that

Spot on - "I don’t want players to just come for the money" - sums up the modern game.

He has a point; but then again, so do you! :ayatollah:

The problem arises when someone has to be almost strong-armed into the club and with modern media and in-house gossips, it seems nothing stays secret for long!

What we need are players who (even if it's mainly for the money) will put in a shift on the field and accept the team ethic so solidly instilled in our squad :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Sorry Warnock but if you letting Madine, Pilkington, Tomlin and now potentially Connolly go with no signings through the door then you have no place to hide and there's no excuses.. embarrassing more than anything saying we need to let players go on high wages in order to bring players in then just not bringing anyone in.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Danny Says » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Sven wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

The problem arises when someone has to be almost strong-armed into the club and with modern media and in-house gossips, it seems nothing stays secret for long!

What we need are players who (even if it's mainly for the money) will put in a shift on the field and accept the team ethic so solidly instilled in our squad :thumbright:

I have no problem with players who come at a cost but put in a shift, its the lazy mercenary ones who get to me.
Danny Says

Postby Bluesman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:22 pm

They certainly won't be coming for the money as we are the lowest payers in the Premier League.
Bluesman

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm

What money? You want player ASAP. End of story. Stop prentending otherwise.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby rhblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:32 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Sorry Warnock but if you letting Madine, Pilkington, Tomlin and now potentially Connolly go with no signings through the door then you have no place to hide and there's no excuses.. embarrassing more than anything saying we need to let players go on high wages in order to bring players in then just not bringing anyone in.

Surely this tells us that a player is on his way hopefully :lol: :lol: :lol:
rhblue

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:52 pm

rhblue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Sorry Warnock but if you letting Madine, Pilkington, Tomlin and now potentially Connolly go with no signings through the door then you have no place to hide and there's no excuses.. embarrassing more than anything saying we need to let players go on high wages in order to bring players in then just not bringing anyone in.

No it doesn’t. It tells us he can’t attract players, and old chicken breast Winnie has told him the only way is to free up money. It’s a gamble, and a gamble that have to work.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby rhblue » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
rhblue wrote:

No it doesn’t. It tells us he can’t attract players, and old chicken breast Winnie has told him the only way is to free up money. It’s a gamble, and a gamble that have to work.

Only a joke :lol: :lol:
rhblue

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 am

Sven wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

I said this on a thread the other day,we don't want players who are being dragged kicking and screaming to the club,doesn't usually bode well :| anyway,let's wait and see. :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby dogfound » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:54 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

I said this on a thread the other day,we don't want players who are being dragged kicking and screaming to the club,doesn't usually bode well :| anyway,let's wait and see. :ayatollah:

I sort of agree, but it all comes down to the individual. some will make the best of things even if its against the grain, others will sulk forever more. Tevez being a great example really didn't want to be in this country other than for money but was never found wanting on the pitch.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:51 am

3 out of that 4 aren't even in our 21 so what's your problem?

Surely those leaving is a positive thing. We have now freed up a fair amount of wages with plenty of time left in Jan.

The only thing that's embarrassing is over the top posts like yours.
nubbsy

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:02 am

FFSeveryone is in it for the Money as well as Warnock ! Including ourselves!
Clubfortyfourer

Postby Clubfortyfourer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:03 am

FFSeveryone is in it for the Money as well as Warnock ! Including ourselves!
Clubfortyfourer

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am

nubbsy wrote:

Surely those leaving is a positive thing. We have now freed up a fair amount of wages with plenty of time left in Jan.

Spot on.
People have been moaning about these players who are earning relatively big wages not being in the 25 man squad but now Warnock has got rid of them and freeing up a lot of money they still moan.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:11 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Spot on.
People have been moaning about these players who are earning relatively big wages not being in the 25 man squad but now Warnock has got rid of them and freeing up a lot of money they still moan.

Actually Connolly and Medine were in the 25 man squad so not quite spot on
2blue2handle

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:24 am

2blue2handle wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Spot on.

Actually Connolly and Medine were in the 25 man squad so not quite spot on

:lol:
They were but aside from you being a bit pedantic they were never really going to be playing were they?
My point being in case you didn’t understand is that even when Warnock does the right thing, certain people will still moan about it.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Valley Lad » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 am

Don't think any of four players mentioned has made a start, so good on Warnock's part if it increases the possibility of bringing in re-inforcements
Valley Lad

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Are you insane!

Two weren’t part of our squad anyway and the other two have no future and won’t make the match day squad most weeks so why keep them free up the space and put youngsters in ifwe have to why pay Connolly £20k and Madine £30k when Warnock will never play them?
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby Big Van Vader » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:31 pm

Kevin Keegan had trouble attracting players to Newcastle in the mid 90s.

He had to make Ginola the highest paid play in the league for him to sign.

Sometimes you have to pay players higher than you would like, but it doesn’t mean there won’t give 110%.
Big Van Vader

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 pm

How will be coming just for the money when probably get more sitting on bench at their club? Umless of cpurse they're the typical signings from div 1 or championship......Stupid statement really :old:
pembroke allan

Postby DandoCCFC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm

It's funny because I am just saying how it is and people refuse to believe the truth in front of them.

It's not about what they add to the squad, it's the money it frees up that should mean we have more financial push for players, balls in Warnock's court.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:16 pm

davids wrote:We've had way too many of those over the last few years.

Spot On .
TopCat CCFC

Postby AJ1927 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 am

In our position in this league with the syle of football being played?

why else would they come?
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it,not as you know it,
It's Cardiff Jim,but not as you know it,not as you know it Jim.
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim,Red Jim,
It's worse than that ITS RED JIM, Red Jim Red.
AJ1927

Return to General Chat