CAR PARKING AT ASDA

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CAR PARKING AT ASDA

Postby banana bob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:I had a parking fine off that company too, number plate pics of my car entering and leaving. Dont be fooled by the bullshit threats, ignore them. I ignored all of them and the eventually give up..

CHRIS PIKE wrote:It was last season,the Reading game. Did you ignore the parking fine ? Or did you acknowledge it ? The moment you get into any kind of correspondence with them, the fine becomes live.

Can you please explain how this was. There were no signs or cameras at the ASDA/COSTCO car park at the Reading game. In fact there have not been any there for the last several years. I have been parking there regularly, checking there were no signs before every game since they removed the signs several years ago. I parked there up until the Man U game this season, but over Xmas found out they have re-erected signs etc. Hence my OP on here. I am well aware that the law changed after the Beavis court ruling, and am very wary as to where I now park. I have no problem with paying for car parking anywhere, but I am damned if I am going to line these firms pockets just for not checking whether it's signed & monitored. If you want to take a chance and ignore these signs do so at your own risk. Because it is a big risk now if you do. As for the cameras, they are not ANPR but take photographs. They then apply to DVLA for the owners details, which the DVLA are more than happy to give them for a small fee. The law used to be that they would have to prove who was ACTUALLY DRIVING the car. That is no longer true. The law now is that they are allowed to pursue the registered owner instead. These firms I believe, are now able to do all the court legal stuff before hand online so their costs are now marginal and so easy for them to do.
If you have been in this situation as you say many times, you have been incredibly fortunate. I guess this would be before the law change, (which I know from personal experience has happened to people I know). I would not advise anyone to do the same these days. :bluebird:

Spot on, they pay the DVLA £2.50 and they give the keepers details to the parking company, a corrupt system with a lot making money off the motorists back. The days of ignoring letters are gone as they will do court, ignore that and you've got a CCJ, this could prevent you getting a mortgage, phone contract and even finance for a season ticket. Best to avoid at all cost on match days and don't give these lowlife wankers the opportunity.
banana bob

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:01 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:I had a parking fine off that company too, number plate pics of my car entering and leaving. Dont be fooled by the bullshit threats, ignore them. I ignored all of them and the eventually give up..

CHRIS PIKE wrote:It was last season,the Reading game. Did you ignore the parking fine ? Or did you acknowledge it ? The moment you get into any kind of correspondence with them, the fine becomes live.

Can you please explain how this was. There were no signs or cameras at the ASDA/COSTCO car park at the Reading game. In fact there have not been any there for the last several years. I have been parking there regularly, checking there were no signs before every game since they removed the signs several years ago. I parked there up until the Man U game this season, but over Xmas found out they have re-erected signs etc. Hence my OP on here. I am well aware that the law changed after the Beavis court ruling, and am very wary as to where I now park. I have no problem with paying for car parking anywhere, but I am damned if I am going to line these firms pockets just for not checking whether it's signed & monitored. If you want to take a chance and ignore these signs do so at your own risk. Because it is a big risk now if you do. As for the cameras, they are not ANPR but take photographs. They then apply to DVLA for the owners details, which the DVLA are more than happy to give them for a small fee. The law used to be that they would have to prove who was ACTUALLY DRIVING the car. That is no longer true. The law now is that they are allowed to pursue the registered owner instead. These firms I believe, are now able to do all the court legal stuff before hand online so their costs are now marginal and so easy for them to do.
If you have been in this situation as you say many times, you have been incredibly fortunate. I guess this would be before the law change, (which I know from personal experience has happened to people I know). I would not advise anyone to do the same these days. :bluebird:

Only one camera at entrance by greggs if ypu enter via asda garage and park that side you will not be monitored.. so only get ticket if come around which to me is impossible to check unless they do it before the 90mins allowed.
pembroke allan

Postby Pencoed Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Theres a camera facing the road leading at the back of costa greggs etc. Also the parking at the back of those premises is a no no. I parked there earlier. The parking bloke said he was about to book everyone so i moved.

Its a £90 fine backed by court. They will take you to court so ignoring them is a no no.

A £90 fine is not worth 6 years fucked up credit files.
http://cardiffcityprogrammes.weebly.com/ - Interested in city memorabilia take a look at my site
Pencoed Blue

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Pencoed Blue wrote:Theres a camera facing the road leading at the back of costa greggs etc. Also the parking at the back of those premises is a no no. I parked there earlier. The parking bloke said he was about to book everyone so i moved.

Its a £90 fine backed by court. They will take you to court so ignoring them is a no no.

A £90 fine is not worth 6 years fucked up credit files.

It’s not a fine, it’s an invoice.
Carpe Diem

Postby blue for you » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:52 pm

As stated it’s an invoice not a fine.
Do not engage with the company via text,email or phone. Make no contact with them whatsoever. Nasty letters will be sent, bin them. I recently received a “fine” from Euro park company showing my number plate....all correspondence put in the bin.
I would only pay a fine from the council or police.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Postby Pencoed Blue » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Granted its an invoice...this horrible lot will still do their worst to your credit file
http://cardiffcityprogrammes.weebly.com/ - Interested in city memorabilia take a look at my site
Pencoed Blue

Postby banana bob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm

blue for you wrote:As stated it’s an invoice not a fine.
Do not engage with the company via text,email or phone. Make no contact with them whatsoever. Nasty letters will be sent, bin them. I recently received a “fine” from Euro park company showing my number plate....all correspondence put in the bin.

You can't bin a letter when it comes from Northampton County Court, by doing so will certainly lead to a CCJ against you. I thought the same until I received a letter from NCC and if I ignored that it would have screwed me from getting finance for my season ticket. These tossers are now doing court frequently and the days of ignoring are gone, I thought they had given up with me until the letter came with a court date, they've got up to 6 years to get the money out of you.
banana bob

Postby banana bob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:34 pm

blue for you wrote:As stated it’s an invoice not a fine.

You can't bin a letter when it comes from Northampton County Court, by doing so will certainly lead to a CCJ against you. I thought the same until I received a letter from NCC and if I ignored that it would have screwed me from getting finance for my season ticket. These tossers are now doing court frequently and the days of ignoring are gone, I thought they had given up with me until the letter came with a court date, they've got up to 6 years to get the money out of you.
banana bob

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:48 pm

BLUE54 wrote:

There are no cameras in asda side of car park I double checked today... their camera is by Gregg entrance if you enter asda petrol station rd there's no cameras in asda side of car park either, only way can book you is if they go around note time they've seen car and come back 90mins later considering amount of cars in whole of the car park seriously doubt they will do that. Instead they probably monitor Greggs camera and wander around looking for cars that passed that way.
pembroke allan

Postby Carpe Diem » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:18 am

How it used to work was that the invoice is against the driver, not the owner of the vehicle. Therefore you could tell the issuing firm that whilst it is your car, you were not the driver on that occasion. You do not have to tell them who was driving. This can put enough doubt for them not to pursue it. Worked for me before.
Carpe Diem

Postby banana bob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:How it used to work was that the invoice is against the driver, not the owner of the vehicle. Therefore you could tell the issuing firm that whilst it is your car, you were not the driver on that occasion. You do not have to tell them who was driving. This can put enough doubt for them not to pursue it. Worked for me before.

It's all changed and it is now Notice To Keeper, so they now can go after the keeper without knowing who was driving. It's all corrupt and they've now got the law fully behind them. The floodgates have opened after the Beavis v Parking Eye case and they are doing court knowing they've got a supreme court ruling stating the penalty charge is justified. Best to avoid at all costs, I got taken to court over a £1 flipped ticket and ended up paying £200 in court add loss of wages, fuel and putting the case together the final total was in the region of £400.
banana bob

Postby banana bob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:How it used to work was that the invoice is against the driver, not the owner of the vehicle. Therefore you could tell the issuing firm that whilst it is your car, you were not the driver on that occasion. You do not have to tell them who was driving. This can put enough doubt for them not to pursue it. Worked for me before.

It's all changed and it is now Notice To Keeper, so they now can go after the keeper without knowing who was driving. It's all corrupt and they've now got the law fully behind them. The floodgates have opened after the Beavis v Parking Eye case and they are doing court knowing they've got a supreme court ruling stating the penalty charge is justified. Best to avoid at all costs, I got taken to court over a £1 flipped ticket and ended up paying £200 in court add loss of wages, fuel and putting the case together the final total was in the region of £400.
banana bob

Postby banana bob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:16 pm

banana bob

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:42 pm

All you people are funny as f**k saying it’s corrupt and things like that you entitled bastards :lol:

Somebody owns that car park and that car park is for people who want to go shopping and they can use it for free.

The owners of that car park don’t want it used for football fans who aren’t going to spend a penny in there are taking up spaces for people who do want to shop in those shops.

To stop people using there car park the way they allow you the fine you for doing so. Why people are acting as if there bastards who are all out to get you I don’t know.

It’s simple really follow the rules and don’t risk getting fined. Don’t follow the rules and risk getting fined. But please don’t moan and cry about it like you’ve been hard done by when you’ve broken the rules for f**k sake.

Rant over :lol: :lol:
Llan_Blue

Postby Bazforth » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:All you people are funny as f**k saying it’s corrupt and things like that you entitled bastards :lol:

Somebody owns that car park and that car park is for people who want to go shopping and they can use it for free.

The owners of that car park don’t want it used for football fans who aren’t going to spend a penny in there are taking up spaces for people who do want to shop in those shops.

To stop people using there car park the way they allow you the fine you for doing so. Why people are acting as if there bastards who are all out to get you I don’t know.

It’s simple really follow the rules and don’t risk getting fined. Don’t follow the rules and risk getting fined. But please don’t moan and cry about it like you’ve been hard done by when you’ve broken the rules for f**k sake.

Wise words of wisdom.

Personally, as someone else mentioned, I think Asda are missing a trick here.

If they allowed parking on match days for anyone who spends over a certain amount, say £20, pop their receipt on the dashboard, job done!
Bazforth

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Bazforth wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:All you people are funny as f**k saying it’s corrupt and things like that you entitled bastards :lol:

Wise words of wisdom.

If they allowed parking on match days for anyone who spends over a certain amount, say £20, pop their receipt on the dashboard, job done!

You can park for £5 across the road (a saving of £15 on the day) under that theory ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby banana bob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:21 pm

You need to get off your high horse. not all of us are perfect.
banana bob

Postby Bazforth » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Sven wrote:
Bazforth wrote:

Wise words of wisdom.

You can park for £5 across the road (a saving of £15 on the day) under that theory ;) :ayatollah:

No, not really. Everyone needs to buy food, by purchasing it here you would tben get free parking!
Bazforth

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Go in the casino give them your reg number have one pint and you can park there for 24hours easy
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm

banana bob wrote:

You need to get off your high horse. not all of us are perfect.

You don’t have to be perfect to not park in a car park.

Got a bit defensive there.
Llan_Blue

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Bazforth wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bazforth wrote:

Wise words of wisdom.

No, not really. Everyone needs to buy food, by purchasing it here you would tben get free parking!

Yes, but only if you need something :thumbright:

I find it odd that people can't get 'waiver tickets' from any of the outlets in the complex, as by not doing so they are effectively limiting the time even genuine shoppers can spend in the many large shops within its boundaries

I can understand the frustration of shops that their customers can't park when there's a match going on (Wales included) but you could also ask why shoppers would want to go to that particular complex at those times in the full knowledge that it's going to be carnage getting in and out? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Sven wrote:
Bazforth wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bazforth wrote:

Wise words of wisdom.

Yes, but only if you need something :thumbright:

I find it odd that people can't get 'waiver tickets' from any of the outlets in the complex, as by not doing so they are effectively limiting the time even genuine shoppers can spend in the many large shops within its boundaries

I can understand the frustration of shops that their customers can't park when there's a match going on (Wales included) but you could also ask why shoppers would want to go to that particular complex at those times in the full knowledge that it's going to be carnage getting in and out? :?

They might have no other option to go at that time and many people won’t have the full knowledge that there’s a game on not everybody likes football.
Llan_Blue

Previous

Return to General Chat