OT Cystocopy

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT Cystocopy

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 am

Hi lads, just out of interest, has anybody ever had to have a cystoscopy? I’ve just had a call from Heath Hospital for an appointment to check my bladder as I think I passed a kidney stone last month, doctor referred me to urologist as I had blood in urine, I’m relatively young (34), my lifestyle isn’t bad (don’t drink or smoke) but my diets poor which is why I think I’ve had some kidney pain, just a little worried by the procedure as they have to insert a camera into my urethra, it’s apparently a quick 5 minute procedure, if anybody has had one, what can I expect.
Wolfpac

OT Cystocopy

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OT Cystocopy

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am

Don't worry about it quite painless they spray a local anesthetic. If you have a diet high in fat could be one of the reasons, but what you should be doing is drinking 8 glasses of water a day, would certainly help your condition if it is kidney stones :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 am

Igovernor wrote:Don't worry about it quite painless they spray a local anesthetic. If you have a diet high in fat could be one of the reasons, but what you should be doing is drinking 8 glasses of water a day, would certainly help your condition if it is kidney stones :thumbup:

Thanks mate, just been informed by a guy in work it’s slightly uncomfortable but painless nonetheless, certainly made me think about my lifestyle, have started drinking more water, gonna try the 8 glasses a day to be sure, thanks mate
Wolfpac

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:53 am

When I saw your post headline, I thought it was yet another foreign player we were being linked to. On a more serious note, my brother-in-law had one recently, and said it was'nt too bad, nowhere near as uncomfortable as when he actually passed his kidney stone.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:59 am

I’ve had it done. It was horrible. But I am a big baby though. They wanted me to have another and I thought the first one bad enough so never went for the second one and hoped the problem would sort it’s sel out which it did. Not the most m painful thing but incredibly uncomfortable, especially when they fill you with water. Thought I was going to piss all over the nurses and doctor when they pulled it out. Lol.

I feel for you mate.
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:When I saw your post headline, I thought it was yet another foreign player we were being linked to. On a more serious note, my brother-in-law had one recently, and said it was'nt too bad, nowhere near as uncomfortable as when he actually passed his kidney stone.

Yeah Yugoslavian winger haha but good to know the actual procedure isn’t too painful.
Wolfpac

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:I’ve had it done. It was horrible. But I am a big baby though. They wanted me to have another and I thought the first one bad enough so never went for the second one and hoped the problem would sort it’s sel out which it did. Not the most m painful thing but incredibly uncomfortable, especially when they fill you with water. Thought I was going to piss all over the nurses and doctor when they pulled it out. Lol.

I feel for you mate.

Cheers buddy that's the worry the peeing everywhere afterwards as I've read a lot of men do this as it's uncontrollable, hope I am able to hold it in :thumbup:
Wolfpac

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Igovernor wrote:Don't worry about it quite painless they spray a local anesthetic. If you have a diet high in fat could be one of the reasons, but what you should be doing is drinking 8 glasses of water a day, would certainly help your condition if it is kidney stones :thumbup:

^^^This^^^ Nothing to worry about other than (not always) a bit of mild discomfort :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Hi lads, just out of interest, has anybody ever had to have a cystoscopy? I’ve just had a call from Heath Hospital for an appointment to check my bladder as I think I passed a kidney stone last month, doctor referred me to urologist as I had blood in urine, I’m relatively young (34), my lifestyle isn’t bad (don’t drink or smoke) but my diets poor which is why I think I’ve had some kidney pain, just a little worried by the procedure as they have to insert a camera into my urethra, it’s apparently a quick 5 minute procedure, if anybody has had one, what can I expect.

Its painfull especially if they insert a stent ,i had 5 operations in 4 months 2 years ago for a stuck kidney stone,really painfull
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Hi lads, just out of interest, has anybody ever had to have a cystoscopy? I’ve just had a call from Heath Hospital for an appointment to check my bladder as I think I passed a kidney stone last month, doctor referred me to urologist as I had blood in urine, I’m relatively young (34), my lifestyle isn’t bad (don’t drink or smoke) but my diets poor which is why I think I’ve had some kidney pain, just a little worried by the procedure as they have to insert a camera into my urethra, it’s apparently a quick 5 minute procedure, if anybody has had one, what can I expect.

Its painfull especially if they insert a stent ,i had 5 operations in 4 months 2 years ago for a stuck kidney stone,really painfull

Wez you just had to put the fear of god in me :laughing5:

I will let you boys know how the procedure goes.
Wolfpac

Postby BLUEUSA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:07 pm

So if you boys are unaware, as you get older, doctors are going to want to do things to you that are unnatural. Firstly, as a test for prostate cancer they will tell you to bend over and stick a finger up your buthole and feel around. If you have an enlarged prostate (many men do) they will prescribe pills that might help. If they do not, then they will probably want to carry out a procedure known as a cystocopy. This involves inserting a small camera on the end of a tube up your uretha (piss hole). It is an uncomfortable procedure. They will use a lube / anesthetic and the suspense is the worst part. Once it's in they will look at the inside of your bladder. Getting it past the prostate is not good and pulling it out is tense. Sometimes they rinse out your bladder with warm water. Sounds dreadful and more uncomfortable than painful but the alternative is death from prostate cancer, getting up to pee five times in the night or a pecker that fails to become a wood pecker.
BLUEUSA

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Er, who remembers the old West Wing....
rumpo kid

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:36 pm

How did it go??
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby Wolfpac » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:40 pm

I didn’t have it in the end they gave me an ultra sound and think it was passing a kidney stone so I got to wait for a catscan appointment however since duh time my blood pressure has been high and back n forth to docs had an ecg and got to see a cardiologist, poor diet not enough exercise I’ve been good this week food wise and walked a lot more and have lost 3 pounds, little steps help
Wolfpac

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:16 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I didn’t have it in the end they gave me an ultra sound and think it was passing a kidney stone so I got to wait for a catscan appointment however since duh time my blood pressure has been high and back n forth to docs had an ecg and got to see a cardiologist, poor diet not enough exercise I’ve been good this week food wise and walked a lot more and have lost 3 pounds, little steps help

Long may it continue. Glad you dodged the procedure.
Happy to hear your ok.
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby Carpman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:20 am

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:I’ve had it done. It was horrible. But I am a big baby though. They wanted me to have another and I thought the first one bad enough so never went for the second one and hoped the problem would sort it’s sel out which it did. Not the most m painful thing but incredibly uncomfortable, especially when they fill you with water. Thought I was going to piss all over the nurses and doctor when they pulled it out. Lol.

I feel for you mate.

Just as well they didn't shove it up your arse then, very messy lol
Anyway seriously, I had it done a few years ago, absolutely painless but the wife did have the nurses laughing when she asked if she could film it to put on Facebook :laughing6:
Carpman

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:I didn’t have it in the end they gave me an ultra sound and think it was passing a kidney stone so I got to wait for a catscan appointment however since duh time my blood pressure has been high and back n forth to docs had an ecg and got to see a cardiologist, poor diet not enough exercise I’ve been good this week food wise and walked a lot more and have lost 3 pounds, little steps help

Long may it continue. Glad you dodged the procedure.
Happy to hear your ok.

Thanks mate, kind of you to say and that's my aim to push on now, get healthier, I have a 7 yr old daughter, I want to ensure I'm around for the future :thumbright:
Wolfpac

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Carpman wrote:

I feel for you mate.

Just as well they didn't shove it up your arse then, very messy lol
Anyway seriously, I had it done a few years ago, absolutely painless but the wife did have the nurses laughing when she asked if she could film it to put on Facebook :laughing6:

I'm sure FB has seen far worst :thumbup:

Thanks mate
Wolfpac

Return to General Chat